Emotions Rising

Lies...Love...Lost...

[Hilton Seoul]
Yuri stared into the mirror and took a good look at herself, “Am I really trash?” she thought and inhaled deeply to soothe the pain that pricked her heart.

It has been 2 years since they started dating and it was a beautiful 2 years, filled with many wonderful memories, but at the back of her mind, she had always been bugged by that fact that Minho was from an influential family.

“We’re from two different worlds,” she sighed as she straightened her clothes. “Can I carry on living like that, knowing that his parents hate me?”

“Yuri-ssi, kwenchana( are you ok)?” Selina asked, knocking on the bathroom door as Yuri had been in there for over an hour.

“Ne, I’m fine” Yuri answered as she opened the door. Looking at her swollen eyes, Selina knew that Yuri had been crying and her heart just went out to that girl. “An innocent girl like her shouldn’t be thrown into such a mess,” Selina sighed at that thought.

“You should get some rest,” Selina said as she ushered Yuri to the magnificent queen sized bed and sat down with her. Yuri shook her head and replied, “but I can’t sleep. Every time I shut my eyes, today’s scene just keeps replaying in my mind! How can I sleep when I worry about my future with Minho?”

Selina sighed again on hearing those words. She understood them fully well and she hated seeing someone in the same situation as she was years ago. She knew that pain, she knew that worry but she did not know how to make them go away.

“Hush, tomorrow will worry for itself. I know that pain, cry as much as you want, it’ll help,” Selina said.

“How would you know? You’re not in the position that I’m in. You’re rich, pretty and smart and that’s why you’re the one engaged to Minho and not me!” Yuri suddenly shouted with tears rolling down her cheeks.

Hearing the noise coming from the neighboring room, the boys and Hebe quickly rushed over to see what was happening.

Shoving Selina aside, Minho raised his voice, “Yah, what did you do to my Yuri to make her cry like that?”

Selina shrugged and chose not to explain her case which caused Minho’s anger to escalate. “Yah Selina Ren, answer me!”

“I didn’t do or say anything. Are you happy with that answer Choi Minho?” Selina said simply.

“Then why is my baby crying? How do you explain that?” Minho answered back while hugging the crying Yuri.

“Minho-ssi, can’t you give Selina the benefit of doubt? She’s also an innocent party here!” Hebe said, trying to defend her best friend.

Minho’s face was now flushed with anger and his hands were clenched up into fists. If Hebe wasn’t a female, she would already have been hit in the face. That was how bad Choi Minho’s temper was.

“Minho-hyung, relax, it may just be a misunderstanding,” Taemin said, trying to calm his hyung down. “Yes, Minho-ah, it’s not time to start a fight,” Jonghyun said as he held onto Minho’s arm.

“So you’re siding with her now! “ Yuri suddenly said and everyone turned to her in shock.

“Yuri-ah, how can you say that? We’re all in this together, no one is siding anyone!” Onew stated which got Yuri slightly ruffled.

“She’s the one who caused this! When she wasn’t in the picture, everything was fine! I’m the victim here who got humiliated on national television, not her!” Yuri screamed and struggled out from Minho’s arms.

She watched closer and closer towards Selina who showed no sign of fear or any sign of wanting to back away.

“You , I won’t allow you to breakup my relationship with Minho! Stop acting like the good guy and try and gain our sympathy cos it’s not working! I’ve been in the entertainment industry for many years and I know what kind you are! You are the hypocrite who acts all nice and kind and in the end, back stabs me!” Yuri hollered into Selina’s face while the rest watched in terror.

They boys wanted to restrain Yuri but they knew her temper and they knew how terrible cat fights were since they saw it often when they hung out with SNSD (Girl’s Generation) thus, they just stood there while the drama unfolded itself.

Hebe on the other hand was all ready to pounce onto Yuri but was stopped by Selina.

“Jiaxuan, are you just going to stand there while she hurls false accusations at you?” Hebe said in disbelief while Selina held onto her.

“Why are you silent? Is it because what I say is true? Lost for words?” Yuri continued her accusations but Selina remained silent and just looked at her.

“I think that’s enough,” Key said and caught hold of Yuri but before he could restrain her, she reached out for Selina and…

*Slap!*

“What the hell!” Hebe screamed and almost reached for Yuri but was blocked by Minho in one swift move. Yuri, in her emotional state, had taken out her emotions on Selina and Hebe was now extremely mad at her.

“I think Yuri-noona had too much too handle in one day,” Key said, “I apologise on her behalf Selina-noona.”

The slap across Selina’s face was like a wakeup call to Yuri who realized her mistake. “I’m sorry, I’m very very sorry. I was just so.. so…” she tried to continue but Selina stopped her.

“It’s ok, Yuri-ssi. I understand. Maybe this was a better way for you than to let you cry your emotions out,” Selina said as she broke into a slight smile.

“Selina-ssi, it’s just that when you said that you understood my situation, I just couldn’t comprehend and I just snapped!” Yuri tried hard to explain her case.

“It’s ok, I understand,” Selina said and looked at Minho, “Yuri-ssi had a long day, stay with her.”

“Then what about you?” Minho said his voice full of worry. It was the first time he worried for a girl other than Yuri.
“I’ll be fine, just like I’ve always been,” Selina replied and dragged Hebe and the rest of the boys out with her.

[Yuri’s POV]
I’m really very sorry Selina, I just didn’t know what came over me! I know that deep in my heart that you’re a good person. I’ll make it up to you, I promise.

[Minho’s POV]
Why did I worry for her at that instant? Why did I feel a sense of wanting to protect her? What has gotten over me?

“Are you stupid SELINA REN JIAXUAN?” Hebe shouted. “Why did you let her do that?”

Selina realized that the rest of SHINee was out with them and she eye-signaled Hebe to stop. Onew surprising caught that and knew it was their cue to leave.

“Hey guys, I think they need some space,” Onew said and pushed the guys away with him back to their room.

Before they left, Hebe mouthed thanks to Onew and he turned crimson on catching her eye which caused the rest of the boys to tease the hell out of him.

“I think he likes you, “Selina teased Hebe who turned a shade of pink. Hiding her face, she tried to change the subject. “Yah, quit changing the subject! Why did you let Yuri do that to you?”

“Then what do you think I should do? Scream back at her? Talk sense to her?” Selina asked.

“You should have at least explained your case! You’re also a victim here!” Hebe replied, raising her tone a little.

Selina shrugged,“In her emotional state, nothing would have gotten into her.”

“She slapped you for goodness sake!!!!” Hebe said, now getting all jumpy. “After all that you’ve done for her, this is how you got repaid! Jiaxuan, it’s NOT WORTH IT!!!!!!

On hearing those words, Selina’s emotional restrain snapped. “IT’S NOT WORTH IT? Then tell me what is! 3 years ago, somebody died because of me!He died because of me! I can’t let the same thing happen again! I CAN’T!

On saying that, Selina collapsed onto the floor, writhing under her emotions and broke down into tears. Hebe quickly held onto her and whispered, “It’s gonna be all right, I’m here” and sat there holding Selina till her tears ran dry…

[Hebe’s POV]
Jiaxuan, it has been 3 years! 3 whole years and why can’t you just let go? Why can’t you forgive yourself! You are not to blame for what happened, stop punishing yourself because of him. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
*Ring ring*
Looking at her caller id, Selina debated if she should answer but in the end she gave in. “Yes, Mother what do you want?”

“Jiaxuan, I know this isn’t the right time but your dad got into an accident and is in critical condition,” Mrs Ren chocked into the receiver.

“WHAT!!!!! Where is he? I’ll come straight away!” Selina said.

“He’s at Samsung Private Hospital, in the ICU number 8, come now!” Mrs Ren insisted.

“I’ll be there, as soon as I can. Mum, don’t worry, Daddy will be fine!” Selina reassured her mother as she fought back her own tears.

“Jiaxuan, what happened?” Hebe asked on seeing Selina’s reaction. “Hebe-ah, I’ve got no time to explain. Take care of the situation here while I’m gone.” And she ran off.

“Jiaxuan! Jiaxuan!”
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
“WHAT!Appa’s in critical condition? Where, I’ll come right away!” Minho said.

“He’s at Samsung Private Hospital, in the ICU number 21, come quickly!” Mrs Choi said as she cried into the phone.

“I’ll be there asap. Umma, calm down, Appa will be fine. We have the best doctors in that hospital. I’ll be there soon, don’t worry,” Minho assured his mother.

Hearing about his Dad’s condition, Minho quickly took his coat and left the hotel room.

“Minho-yah, where are you going?” Yuri asked.

Heading towards the door he said, “My Appa’s in critical condition, I have to go!”

“But Minho, Minho!” Yuri shouted after him.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[At the hospital]
Selina and Minho both reached Seoul’s Samsung Private Hospital one after another but they did not know that either of them were present. Finding out the ICUs’ locations from the receptionist, both Selina and Minho rushed to where the wards were.

[ICU 8]
“Daddy!” Selina exclaimed as she pushed opened the door but to her surprise, the room was empty. “What’s going on?” she metal screamed herself, “Isn’t this ICU 8?”

Selina turned back, wanting to check the ward number again but…something or someone hit her and her world turned dark…

[ICU 21]
“Appa!” Minho said in an anxious voice as he was entering the ward, but to his surprise, the ward was unoccupied. “Did I get the wrong ICU?” He thought to himself, “but I’m pretty sure this is the right one!”

Minho turned back, wanting to check the ward number again but…something hit him very hard and his world too turned dark…
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hello, I'm here for another update. I hope you readers are still enjoying this story!!!! Do keep your comments coming and ask me any questions if you need any clarification. I'll gladly answer them one by one =)

Love
Diva