Drama is escalating!

Lies...Love...Lost...

10 minutes before]
Flashlights were going off, cameras were rolling, reports were waiting and as soon as the doors opened, all hell broke loose.

“Minho-ssi, what are your feelings towards the engagement?” a report asked, shoving his recorder in Minho’s face.

“Yuri-ssi, how do feel knowing that your boyfriend will be marrying someone else and not you?” another reporter asked while Minho tried to shove him away from Yuri.

Minho was shocked and furious while Yuri was scared stiff and that commotion that they were both thrown into. “Umma, what’s going on?” Minho lashed out as he saw the 4 adults who were seated calmly.

“This, is my boy, is a press conference. Shouldn’t the both of you be very familiar with such situations?” Mrs Choi mocked.

"But I thought you said it was just a family dinner?" Minho said, trying to make sure that he did not walk into the wrong room and this whole situation was just not for him.

"Don't you think for a second that I'll allow that trash into our family!" Mrs Choi pointed at Yuri who burst into tears. She had never been humiliated like that in her life.

Seeing his girlfriend crying and hearing those harsh words coming out of his mother's mouth, Minho's anger started to rise.

"Mom, how could you do this to me? I'm your son! I seriously thought that you would give Yuri a chance!." Minho shouted.

"I don't know how you could misunderstand my words. I didn't send you to collage for nothing you know." Mrs Choi chuckled, lying through her teeth.

Minho's free hand was now clenched into a fist and he tried his best to control his anger. He and Yuri were after all still public figures and he did not want things to get ugly.

Ignoring her son's protest, Mrs Choi nudged her husband.

“Since the main stars of today’s press conference have arrived. I have an announcement to make. We are very glad and much honored to become partners as well as in-laws with the distinguished and reputable Ren family of Taiwan.” Mr Choi stood up and made the formal announcement to all that were there.

“Does this mean that the engagement isn’t a rumor?” a report from the Seoul Times asked. “Yes, my 2nd son, Minho will be engaged to Ms Selina Ren in a few months time and we hope to marry them by the end of this year.” Mr Choi answered.

"Then what will happen to Ms Yuri Kwon?" another asked.

"Well, she's just a friend," Mr Choi answered, careful not to destroy his son's image of a pure idol.

“What will happen to Minho’s activities with SHINee then?” a report asked.

“He will still be a part of SHINee after his marriage. Nothing will change, just his status.” Someone from the back of the crowd answered.

Hearing where the voice originated from, the reporters turn at once. “Manager-hyung!” Minho gasped. “How could you!”

“That’s SHINee’s manager!” one of the reports shouted and the rest frantically launched at him.

“Does this mean that SM Entertainment is ok with this decision?” one from the side asked. “Aren’t you afraid of the fan’s backlash?” another one in front of him asked.

“If this is official, what will happen to Yuri-ssi then?”

While SHINee’s manager was handling the questions thrown by the media one by one, Minho was observing the situation in fury. He clutched onto Yuri’s hand tightly, trying to reassure her that everything was going to be ok.

“SM Entertainment supports his family’s decision fully. We are always supportive of our artists bid to find happiness and we will not interfere. I hope that Minho and SHINee’s fans will come to an understanding of this situation and wish them all the best,” SHINee’s manager started.

“Regarding Yuri…Minho and Yuri were never officially together. It was just a publicity stunt that the company pulled to satisfy the fans hunger for the MinYul couple.”

Those were lies, all of it, but they were twisted to sound like the truth and the realization of the entire situation would send chills down anyone’s spin. This was what money could do. This was what power could do.

Minho felt betrayed but the ones he respected and loved the most; first his parents, now his Manager, the one who groomed him, the one who saw him through his trainee days, the one whom he looked up to. It was pain and hurt that he felt for the first time and it was killing him inside.

“Let’s get out of here!” Minho whispered and with one swift movement, he dragged the now crying Yuri out of the whole media circus.

While they were running, suddenly a pair of hands grabbed Minho…
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
“Where are you going?” Onew tried to stop Selina from doing anything stupid. “I’m going to stop this circus! Why are you stopping me?”she asked as he moved to block her. “You’re not going in there are you, cos it would just be suicidal!" Onew said in all seriousness.

Not heeding his advice, Selina pushed him aside and stomped towards the grand ballroom. “You won’t be of any help to the situation!” Onew screamed after her.

Just as she was walking, a pair of hands went behind Selina and covered to prevent her from screaming.

“Jiaxuan! It’s me Hebe!” her abductor said while Selina tried to break free.

Sensing her calm down, Hebe took her hands off and said, “Jiaxuan, Onew is right you know. You going in there isn’t going to change anything!”

“Hebe! Why are you here? Shouldn’t you be on tour in Paris? How did you know of this situation?” Selina started firing questions are her best friend.

“I came back as soon as I got the news. Jiaxuan, let’s stop this questioning first and get you out of here before the press or anyone else spots you.” Hebe continued.

“I’m not going anywhere! I need to get this sorted out!” Selina insisted and started walking towards the ballroom again. “You’re not going anywhere Ms Ren!”two, young and handsome looking lads suddenly appeared out of nowhere and blocked her advancement.

“Oh great, you got here in time!Hebe heaved a sigh of relief. “Guys what are you doing here?” Onew said in shock. “You’re not the only one that’s going to enjoy all the drama Onew hyung” Key (Kibum) answered. “Yea, we’re here to help Minho-hyung” Taemin joined in.

“Where’s Jjong?” Onew asked. “Oh, he went to get Minho and Yuri-noona.” Key simply replied. “What! Why is it only Jjong and what are the both of you doing here then?” Onew face palmed on hearing their lack of planning.

“We had a schedule before that so we came late.Mianhe(sorry) hyung” Taemin replied sheepishly.

Just as they were filling Onew in, a few voices were heard…

“Yah, Jonghyun-hyung where are you taking us?”

“Just be quiet and follow me!”

“Jonghyun-ah are you sure about this?”

“Yuri-ah, I know what I’m doing ok. Can the both of you just trust me for once!”

“You hear them before you see them, great!” Key chided. “And to think we’ll make it through this escape without being detected.

"What is she doing here? Minho asked, pointing at Selina. "No time to ask questions hyung let's get out of here!” Taemin said.

“No, we’ll stay.” Selina said calmly. It was then all eyes were focused on her, astonished by her words. “Yah, so you wanted this engagement in the first place?” Minho asked in a stern voice.

“Jiaxuan, it’s ok to be afraid, but you shouldn’t always be listening to your parents!” Hebe added.

Calmly, Selina replied. “This is probably the safest place because they wouldn’t think that we would be so stupid as to remain here. The safest place is also the most dangerous place.”

Giving her suggestion a thought and boys came to a conclusion. “Ok, we’ll stay. Ms Ren, you shall lead the way.” Onew instructed and Selina did as told.

[Minho’s POV]
Selina’s rather smart for her age, I’m impressed. Calm and collected in a situation like this, she’s one hell of a lady.

[Selina’s POV]
Choi Minho, you better be worth my time. 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[In the hotel room]
Hebe, under Selina’s instructions, managed to coax a stranger into booking two interlinked rooms for her-one for the guys and the other for the girls. This way, her parents, his parents, SM Entertainment and the media will not have a way to track them down.

“You two should freshen up. You’ve been through a lot today,” Selina said tossing a towel to Minho and Yuri. Minho mouthed thanks while Yuri just clutched the towel tightly and lowered her head.

“Yuri-ssi, I know what happened today was a big hit to you. Go bathe first, you’ll feel better, trust me” Selina said as she put her hands around Yuri and comforted her.

Looking up at her with teary eyes, Yuri asked, “Why are you so good to me? Shouldn’t you try and break us apart? You’re his fiancé aren’t you?”

Selina sighed , “Yuri-ssi, things aren’t as simple as you think they are. You shouldn’t be dragged into this and I’m sorry. Go, take a bath. A hot bath does wonders, trust me.” Yuri nodded and obediently went into the bathroom.

“You should get one too you know,” Onew suddenly said. “You went through a lot today too.” Selina smiled at his kindness. “Onew-ssi, thanks for today. Choi Minho is lucky to have you guys,” she replied, looking from him to the rest of SHINee.

“Oh right, we haven’t formally introduced ourselves yet!” Onew suddenly remembered. “Oh right!” the rest of the boys said.

"It's all right, you guys know me already right, but for her sake, you guys should do an introduction. Do the one you do on shows k" Hebe winked.

Selina gave her the questioning look but Hebe did not give her an answer.

“1,2,3, hello we’re SHINee!” all 4 guys chorused together with their signature hand gesture.

Selina was amused. “Hi, I’m SHINee’s leader Lee Jinki or Onew. I’m 22(Korean age) this year.” Onew said.

Key followed, “Hi, I’m Almightly Key. You can also call me Kibum. I’m 20 (Korean age) this year.” “I’m SHINee’s maknae(youngest). I’m 18(Korean age) this year. “I’m Bling Bling Jonghyun. 21(Korean age)!” Jonghyun said with his signature smile.

“Lastly, I’m flaming charisma Minho, 20 (Korean age) this year,” Minho said which shocked the rest as they thought he was still bathing. Minho had a towel around his head and he was drying his hair with it as he spoke.

“Flaming Charisma definitely fits him” Selina thought. “Don’t just stand there like an idiot” Hebe whispered and nudged her friend who was lost in her thoughts.

“Oh ahem, your introductions are cute,” Selina blushed, embarrassed by Hebe’s nudging. “I’m Selina, 22 this year.” 
“That makes us friends!” Onew cheered “So we can talk informally!”

“So Selina,how come you can speak Korean so well?” Key asked.

“I was made to learn a few languages since young,” Selina replied.

“So why don’t you want to marry Minho-hyung?” Taemin asked, curious as to why anyone would reject charismatic Minho.

Selina was caught off guard by that question and paused for a while; luckily Hebe was there to rescue her. “Well, love isn’t something that can be explained. Besides, they don’t even know each other, needless to say marry”.

Taemin nodded but Key injected another question, “Hmm, but why don’t you want to try getting to know Minho better and then decide?”

Hebe gave him a glare and wanted to answer but Selina stopped her. “It’s ok Hebe-ah. Kibum-ssi, I don’t want to break up Choi Minho and Yuri-ssi, that’s all.”

Key nodded, showing he understood and quickly went back to being silent. He, a guy full of sense, managed to sense that they were slowly wandering into private territory that the two girls did not want to reveal.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[Some where]
“They can’t get engaged!”

“Don’t get those ideas into your head. I went through so much trouble to get you that role! You better not ruin your own future!”

“I know hyung, but…how could she…”

“You were the one who decided to walk out of her life remember? Now, just focus on your audition tomorrow. You’ve always wanted to defeat Choi Minho don’t you?”

“I know hyung. He won me in school, got a head start in his career and now he even wins my girl. He better watch it!”

“Yah, Lee Minho, where are you going!”
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hello my dear readers. I know this chapter is a little boring so I'll give u a better one next k. Please keep your comments coming k. Love u all SARANGHAE!!!!

Diva