This is where it starts

Lies...Love...Lost...

Damn it why can't that Choi pick up his phone!!!!" determined to take matters into her own hands, Selina sped off towards SM Entertainment, the home of Korea's bling bling SHINee.

"Hi Ms, can I help you?" asked the receptionist. "I have an appointment to see SHINee's Choi Minho." Selina said politely. Checking through the listing of appointments and not finding one under Minho, she just shook her head and barred Selina of any entrance into SMent.

"I really have an appointment with Minho. It's very urgent can you just let me see him?" Selina pleaded. She was getting anxious as every minute that past was a minute closer to both their eternal unhappiness.

"Ms, I really can't let you enter. It's against the rules! Why not you try calling him? Or his manager?" the receptionist replied. "Look, if that Choi picked up his phone, I wouldn't be like a lunatic here trying to beg you to enter SMet am I right? It would be the same if I had his manager's number." Selina was utterly frustrated now.

The receptionist was indeed getting on her nerves and she was running out of time. Selina wanted to use her status but she knew that things would go out of hand if her Dad or Mum came to know about it."Ms I apologise that I have to follow the rules but I really can't let you see Mr Choi Minho without a proper appointment. Please leave." the receptionist gave her final warning.

Swallowing her pride, Selina turned and left."So what now?" She thought,"I can't just sit like an idiot and wait for my doom!" and that was when, her luck started to change...
"Oops sorry Ms," a smooth and gentle voice said. "It's all right," Selina replied as she turned and look up at the owner of that voice.

"He's cute," She thought and gave him a brief smile before she carried on walking. "She looks familiar...where have I seen her before....wait..isn't she Minho's rumored girlfriend? What's she doing here?"

Running after her he shouted, “Wait. Are you Minho's girlfriend?" Selina stopped in her tracks and turned. "You are, right?" he tried to affirm his suspicions. Selina eyed him as questions started filling her mind. "By any chance, do you know Choi Minho?" She still wasn't used to calling him Minho. Closer up their distance, the young man replied, “Yes, I'm Lee Jinki, or you can call me Onew."

"Fantastic! Great! Erm...sorry but Onew, can I call you that?" he nodded before she continued. "I have something urgent to tell Choi Minho. Is he around?"Onew chuckled at her response. She was captivating and he knew it very well. "Minho's out, maybe I can pass the message."

"Crap, she sighed."I need to know where he is right now. It's very very very urgent!" Selina burst out. "Erm Ms, calm down. Why not you explain to me what's going on." Onew said.

Selina knew that if she wanted to get Choi Minho, she had to go through this guy first. Having no other choice, Selina explained the entire situation to Onew.

"Omo omo, what in the world!" Onew(cute dubu) exclaimed. Being a commoner, he never knew such a situation like this would ever occur in real life. "We have to get to him now! He's out with Yuri-ssi just like you predicted! He was in a good mood, saying something that his parents finally saw the light and started accepting her!"

Selina dragged her new friend Onew straight to her car, hopping that they would be in time to change the order of events that fate held in stored for Minho and her...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[30 minutes before...]
Minho and Yuri were out in their usual disguises of a cap and a mask on their usual date near Yuri's dorm. "Minho-yah, we've been dating for two years now, but I haven't met your parents yet." Yuri suddenly said.

On hearing her sudden question, Minho separated their interlocked hands and furrowed his brows as he thought of an answer to Yuri's question. "So..." Yuri asked again, dancing around her Minho.

"Noona...well...you see..." Minho started. Yuri eyed him suspiciously, waiting for an answer from her boyfriend. "So, when can I meet your parents?" she said, growing frustrated.Minho remained silent, searching for words to explain his case.

"So you're ashamed of me?" Yuri suddenly broke out. "NO! What made you come to that conclusion?" Minho asked, all surprised. "Then why don't you introduce me to your family?" Yuri persisted.

Turning his back to face her, Minho knew that one day he had to face this, but he didn't expect this day to be today. "Yah, Choi Minho, answer me!" Yuri spun him around, but he kept his head down, unable to meet her piercing gazes.

Yuri was feisty and straight forward, not afraid to hide her emotions and this was what that attracted her to Minho but now, this side of her was causing him the most frustration. "I know that look Choi Minho, you're trying to avoid my question huh?"

"It's not that. It's just that it's not the right time!"Minho tried for the first time to make a sentence. "Not the right time? This is the 100th time that you said it wasn't the right time! So when is the right time Mr Choi? One month later? One year later? Or NEVER!"

“Noona, it’s not that…it’s just…well how about this…erm….” Minho was flustered but was suddenly saved by a phone call.
“Phew,” he thought. “Just in time!”

“Minho-yah, it’s your Mum here,” Mrs Choi cooed sweetly into the phone. “Yea Mum, what’s up?” Minho asked. It was the first time he was glad that the person on the other side was his mother. She had sort of saved him from Yuri’s interrogation.

“Well, your Father and I have talked and we decided that you’ve grown up now and know how to make your own decisions.” Mrs Choi started. “We’ve decided that we will give Yuri-ssi a chance.”

“Bwo! You sure Mum? That’s great, I knew you would come to understand me one day,” Minho couldn’t believe his ears. He was already expecting his parents to match-make him and that Selina girl and this came as a surprise to him. “How about we have dinner tonight at the Hilton Seoul? Bring her along too and we’ll have an official meeting all right son,”
“Yea Umma ,”

[Minho’s POV]
Wow, I didn’t know that this day would ever come! I’m glad that my parents have finally come to their senses.

“Was that your Umma?” Yuri asked, a little worried. Although Minho had never vocalized but her intuition told her that his parents did not like her. “Yup, and we’re meeting them tonight!” Minho smirked.

“WE, as in the both of us?” Yuri exclaimed. Minho calmly nodded and Yuri placed her hands around his neck and pecked him lightly on his cheek. “Komawo (thanks) Minho-yah!” “We’ll be happy from now on, “Minho assured and with hands intertwined, they happily set of for the meeting…
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Selina’s grips on the steering wheel tighten as Onew tried in vain to locate that couple. “They were supposed to be here,” Onew sighed “it’s the park where they always date at! Great, now even Yuri-ssi isn’t answering her phone either!”
“Do you know anyone else to call?” Selina asked. Onew paused and instantly started punching in numbers again.

“Yobosayo, Kibum-ah, do you know where Minho is?” 
“Isn’t he with Yuri-noona?”
“I know that, but do you know exactly where?” 
“Did you try that park hyung?” 
“I did, but they weren’t there! Do you know where else they could possibly be?”
“No, you know I don’t really care about such things! Why the sudden question hyung? Is Minho in like some again?”
“It’s a long story Kibum-ah, I’ll tell you when I get back. Thanks anyway.”

Onew contacted every possible person he knew that was related to Minho but to no avail. It was as if, fate was keeping him from ruining its plan. An idea suddenly came to Selina and she quickly made a U-turn.

“Where are we going Ms?” Onew asked. “Searching for Choi Minho like this will not get us anywhere. We’ll just go straight down to the Hilton and stop them. “ Selina answered calmly. Amazed by her wits and her calm exterior, Onew just sat there quietly. “By the way, I have a name you know,” she chuckled. “It’s Selina, so you can stop addressing me as Ms.”

Caught off guard by her frankness, Onew laughed to cover his embarrassment. “Maybe we should turn on the radio to check the condition of the traffic.” Onew suggested trying to break the awkward silence. Selina agreed and she turned her stereo on.

“Far away, long ago,
Glowing dim as an ember
Things my heart used to know
Things it yearns to remember”

Selina froze when she heard those words and her breathing deepened. “Wrong channel, “she quickly changed the channel as she tried to hide any change in her emotions. “That’s a beautiful song,” Onew gasped. “I heard it once while watching Anastasia.” And he rattled on about the movie leaving Selina concentrating intently on the road.

[Selina’s POV]
It’s a beautiful song indeed

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[3 years ago]
“Close your eyes and don’t peak, understand!” a pair of hands covered her from behind. “Minho-yah, what are you doing this time?” Selina asked. Silencing her with a kiss, which she protested at first and then making sure her eyes were closed, he got infront of her and dug out something from his pocket.

“Tada!” Minho said “You can open your eyes now Jiaxuan”. Opening them, she saw a tiny box in her boyfriend’s hands. “What is it?” she asked in all excitement. “Open it “ he simply replied. Obeying his instructions, Selina carefully opened the box which was now in her hands and up popped a ballerina and music started to play.

“It’s beautiful!” she gasped. “This song…it sounds familiar…where have I…” “It’s from Anastasia remember pabo? “ Minho chided her. Selina gave him a death glare on hearing the word “pabo” and he quickly sang “Far away, long ago, glowing dim as an ember…” Selina put her finger on his lips and hushed him

“My singing not up to standard princess?” Minho questioned. Selina shook her head and with tears in her eyes, she replied, “No, but thank you. I just feel very blessed to have you. Out of all my performances, why Anastasia?”

Hugging her, he replied, “Cos it was your first performance and it was also that performance that captivated me,” Touched by his words, Selina looked at him and said ,"I love you."

"I love you too" and kissed her forehead...

“Selina! Selina!” Onew tried to get her attention. “OH! What is it Onew?” she jumped. “Didn’t you hear?” he asked as he turned up the volume on the stereo.

“Breaking news, the Choi family of Korea and the Ren family of Taiwan has announced plans to merge through business and through family ties. A representative of the Choi family just made the announcement to the media that Mr Choi Minho, 2nd son of the Choi family and Ms Selina Ren Jiaxuan, the only daughter of the Ren family will be getting engaged. More details will be brought to you live from the press conference….”

“! We are too late!”