Chapter 10

A Blessing In Disguise
Please log in to read the full chapter

-Disclaimer- I do not own Boys Over Flowers or any of its characters! All rights belong to their respective owners! I’m only a fan that didn’t quite get the ending I wanted so I decided to write my own version of it :D

Now that’s said: Have fun reading and please leave a comment! (I’d be very thankful!)

 

Yoon Seok-Young immediately knew something had happened the day before. It was as if he could smell it the moment he came out of his room, not that he actually could, but he just knew. You could call it a sixth sense or something of that sort. This suspicion confirmed itself the moment he stepped into the living room. From the living room you had a clear view of the kitchen and that’s where they were. Jan-Di was cooking something and Ji-Hoo stood behind her, his arms tightly wrapped around her waist as he rested his head on her own. Ji-Hoo seemed to whisper something into her hear and judging from her reaction, Yoon Seok-Young could tell that it bothered her as she seemed to be very ticklish.

“Well look at that!”, Yoon Seok-Young teases them as he takes a seat at the dining room table. While Yoon Seok-Young was surprised, he couldn’t say that he didn’t like this situation. He also noticed that his grandson and Jan-Di didn’t immediately jump apart like they used to. “Did you have a good time last night? Because I certainly did!”, he spoke with a smirk, openly looking at the couple, especially at the blushing Jan-Di. “I think I should go out more often…”, he mumbled just loud enough so that the young ones could hear, causing Jan-Di to choke on the orange juice she had been drinking.

 

 

Somewhere else in Seoul

“Do you realize what you have done?!”, his mother screamed at the top of her lungs. “Shin-Hwa’s  share prices had to face a major drop! Some investors got so scared that they pulled out their invested money and others are threatening to leave as well!”, she continued screaming and smashed a vase against the door of her office. Gu Jun-Pyo cringed in his seat as the vase shattered into small pieces and his mother continued to trash several more such objects. He knew it was best to keep quiet, to let his mother rage, or else he might be the

It took her some great effort but eventually she was able to calm down a bit and sat behind her desk again. “I can’t believe you acted with such idiocy! And that woman!”, she spat out with so much distaste, as if the mere word ‘woman’ was the deadliest poison on earth. “At least your previous toy thingy had some minor intelligence and knew not to appear in public! But that thing…how could you give her an engagement ring?!”

“I…hadn’t planned to, I swear!”, Gu Jun-Pyo tried to start defend his actions, but was quickly interrupted my his mother’s scoffs.

“Oh please! What kind of excuse is that?! After all the things I did for you, how could you be so careless and simply throw everything out the window? I hope you do realize that your carelessness, your actions, forces you to marry her! Everyone now knows that your ‘engaged’ now! You cannot call it off or else we might face an even bigger catastrophe – just imagine what would happen! Oh and wait till they find out the rest…wait till they find out about your past relationship, how you got secretly engaged to her… Oh did you seriously think I didn’t know? Don’t forget that I’m still the person that pays all your bills, darling! Did you think the money just randomly appears? Besides, just wait until they find what you did during the time you were engaged with your new fiancé…and the consequences”

“Did you tell her?!”, Gu Jun-Pyo demanded with anger and fright. He didn’t know how he would react should she have told anything to Geum Jan-Di.

“Not yet…but I’m quite tempted”, his mother answered with a bright grin on her face, looking with adoration at her fingers covered in glitzing jewelry. “Or I could also just announce it to your dear childhood friends. I’m sure Yoon Ji-Hoo would be more than interested to hear about that particular piece of information…”

Gu Jun-Pyo felt the rage rise in him. He could’ve shouted at his mother for knowing what buttons to push. “Do that and I might want to reveal some other information concerning your manner to conduct business, mother”, he spat out and noticed with some satisfaction that his mother’s eyes seemed to widen in surprise. “Or should I inform them how you support violence between students in your school? How much you hate ‘the poor’ people of this country?”

“You seem to forget, that you’re the main bully of my school, my son”, his mother instantly interjected, feeling smug and victorious. “And don’t forget one important fact, Jun-Pyo… if you denounce my manner of conducting business, you’ll fall as well and all your privileges will be nothing more than a distant memory. Your money and everything will go down the drain”, his mother calmly informed him and pulled out a thick envelope from a

Please log in to read the full chapter