No Longer At The Sideline (end)

No Longer At The Sideline

The first thing that Castor saw when he woke up was the clock on his bedside table. It’s quarter to 10. Then he started to acknowledge the warmth on his back and the arm around his waist. He turned to see Skyler awake and staring back at him. “You’re late for school.”

“I know. I’m not going.”

“You really care for me, do you?”

“No.”

“Liar.”

“I’m going to make breakfast.” Skyler made some motion to sit up.

“No, stay.” Castor huggles Skyler’s arm.

“Then what? Let us starve to death? I don’t think so.” Skyler pried Castor’s hands off his arm. “I’ll be back.” He kissed the prince’s cheek before leaving the room.

Castor sighed happily and hugged Skyler’s pillow instead. // Another nice morning to wake up with Skyler. //

They spent most of the day in Castor’s room by just watching movies, playing some cards or board games and sleeping. Skyler would only go out of the room to cook or get some food. Castor never felt more content. “Will it still be like this when I get well from being sick?” The prince asked while staring at the TV but he wasn’t really watching the movie. “Don’t push me away anymore.” He entangled his fingers with Skyler’s.

“You know that this is only for the project…”

“Liar. Don’t give me that crap.” The prince gave out a frustrated sigh. “I’m only asking for friendship; not a relationship. Why is that so hard for you to accept?”

“Because I feel something for you!” Skyler admitted, clasping the hand which the fingers are still entangled with Castor’s.

“So?!?! What’s wrong with that? I asked for your friendship because you said you don’t plan to date me and now, you say that you feel something for me? Make up your mind, will you?” Castor said dryly. ”It’s no secret that I like you.”

“If I date you, you’ll just end up getting hurt. Then your whole country and fans and those three rivals will be hunting for me. I’ll be more than triple dead in that case.” Skyler said.

“Was that a joke or do you really have a problem with me being a prince?” Castor untangled his fingers from Skyler’s to fold his arms.

“It’s not really about your title. It’s just that when I date; usually it’s just a one time thing with if I want to. If it lasts longer, the maximum duration time is just one week. I also have this ‘no strings attached’ rule but most people are foolish and always wanted more. They end up heart broken. I’m a hateful person, Castor.” Skyler said seriously. “If we become friends now then I’ll date you later. After I break your heart, would you still want to be friends with me?”

“I’m sure a lot of them wanted to be friends with you. It’s just that you don’t give them a chance.” Castor poked Skyler’s chest with an outstretched finger. “How are your best friends different from me anyway? Why can they be your friends and I can’t?”

“They broke my heart but took care of me afterwards. Apparently, I’m going to break yours. I‘m not sure about the taking care part though. Perhaps I shall leave that to the three rivals.”

“You forgot one important thing.” Castor smirked as he straddled on top of Skyler’s. The TV is completely ignored now. “You feel something for me. My affections for you are being returned. You didn’t really feel anything for the people you’ve dated before, right?”

Skyler merely stared at him as realization hit him. A smile slowly appeared on his lips. “You’re right.”

“Then there’s nothing to be worried about. You love me. You’ll date me. You won’t break my heart. Oh and I love you too.” Castor wrapped his arms around Skyler’s neck and proceeded to kiss him. For the second time in Skyler’s life, he lets somebody else dominate the kiss and that would mean a lot to him and to the person he’s sharing the kiss with.

THE END

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOo

A/N: I've written another sequel too. lolz. In the next story, it will be about Rascor and Xien and what happens to them after this. Please subscribe to this fic to know if I've put up the sequel because I shall post a new chapter in here saying that I've put up the sequel ^_^

 

Lastly, comments please?