No Longer At The Sideline

No Longer At The Sideline

Skyler was cleaning his apartment, packing his things.He’s going to transfer to another school. This time, the school has a dormitory so he wouldn’t be needing the apartment anymore. He discovered some long forgotten things around his apartment. One of them was a journal. The journal that only has 4 entries about his love life. He opened the journal and started to read the entries. After reading, he decided to write his 5th entry.

Journal # 5 - Friday: Friends

Although the 1st chapter of my love life ended in a sad manner, it also ended my lonely life. Kyle and Darwin are my best friends now. After being heartbroken, they started to hang out with me. At first, I thought it was just because they were feeling guilty and before I knew it, they were always there for me. They were considerate, not acting as a couple in front of me until I got used to the fact that they are a couple. After being comfortable around them, they also became too much comfortable around me to the point that they let me their public displays (It still remains private actually because I’m the only one who can see it.) and occasionally invites me for a -.-;; Sometimes, they’re too concern of my love life (or lack of love life for that manner), that they would hook me up or send me off to blind dates. I dated a lot but I didn’t get involve in a relationship. Before I knew it, dating became a hobby. It’s fun to date with different people with no commitment. I lost my ity through it but it’s not like I sleep with every person that I date with. Anyway, I also got involve with basketball. Thanks to Kyle and Darwin.

There was a knock on the door before the visitors invited themselves inside Skyler’s apartment. It’s only Kyle and Darwin who would do that. “I can’t believe you’re transferring to another school! Just when I thought the three of us can be finally at the same school!!!” Kyle complained since he decided to transfer from Triple S Academy to Kashin High School.

“Why don’t you just accept the fact that we can never have ?” Sky patted Kyle’s back, mocking sympathy.

Darwin just laughed at that. “Dormitories are strict when it comes to curfew but that won’t stop us with our night life. You can always sleep overnight at Kyle’s or my house.”

“Thanks for the offer but I’ll probably just lessen my night life because the school and dormitory is up high above the mountains while the nightlife in the city is way down on the ground so it would really take time to travel.” Sky placed the journal in his bag and with that, everything is packed.

The three went out of the apartment and got a taxi. “Well, this is it. I’ll miss you, guys.” Sky hugged his best friends while his best friends wished him luck in his school life and love life. “I heard the prince of Sengaia goes to that school. Maybe he’ll become my Prince Charming.” Sky joked to reassure his friends that he’ll be fine. Then he went inside the taxi and left.

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOo

“He’s good!”

“Another shot! He’s really going offensive.”

“Who’s that?”

“Skyler, new student.”

“He’s cute.”

A pair of midnight blue eyes stared at the blonde named Skyler.

“I don’t like him.” Midnight blue eyes shifted its attention to the guy standing right next to him, leaning on the railings. “Show off.”

“Like you’re the one to talk, Rascor.” Midnight blue eyes drifted its attention back to the blonde player. “You just feel threaten because he might become the next basketball star player and you might lose that title to him. Of course, it doesn’t help that he has the same good looks as you. If only he would take that band aid off his cheek…”

“Castor, please don’t put me on the same level as him. I am far more better than him in basketball and my looks are way too handsome compared to his.” Rascor boasted. A redhead that has his bangs spiked up, looking cool.

“AAAHHH!!!”

“Watch out!!!”

The ball landed hard on Castor’s face. Castor ended up falling on his on the floor. “Aw…” He rubbed his face. He felt as if his nose went flat. The crowd just gasped and became quiet.

The only blonde player with a band aid on his face walked towards them. But not once did he glance on Castor, he merely took the ball and walked back towards the court, which resulted to gasps and murmurings from the crowd.

“Hey, you!!! Apologize to him!!!” Rascor demanded.

Skyler turned to look at him with his usual expressionless manner. “It’s not my fault that my teammate isn’t good at catching the ball.” His entire being right now can only be described as: cold.

This only angered Rascor even more. “Do you even know who that person is?!?!”

“He’s probably your friend but perhaps more?” This earned another round of gasps and murmurings again. This also earned Rascor to blush. “Well, instead of talking to me in which will get you to nowhere. Why don’t you just help your boy--friend get back on his feet before he get any more embarrassment with his sitting on the cold floor.” With that, Skyler handed the ball to his teammate as he made an exit of the gym.

“You can be so thoughtless at times, Rascor. You should have made sure that Castor was okay before going into an argument with that guy.” Rascor turned to see Xien, a Chinese brunette (dye) , was helping Castor stand up to his feet.

“Thank you.” Castor said to Xien with a smile.

“You’re welcome, your Highness.” Xien said, bowing slightly and placing a lightly kiss at the back of Castor’s hand, which made the prince blush cutely.

“Oi! What do you think you’re doing?!?!” Rascor stepped in between them and pushed them apart. “Anyway, what’s with that guy’s attitude? He needs to be taught manners.” He instantly changed the subject.

“I shall find more information about him.” Xien said, adjusting his eyeglasses at the bridge of his nose.

“Come on, guys. Don’t you think you’re going overboard. It’s no big deal.” Castor said.

“No, Castor. You should not allow anybody to treat you that way. You’re the prince and the soon to be king.” Rascor fussed, which just made Castor to NOT listen.

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO

“That was the prince of Sengaia, ya know.” Skyler turned his head to see his teammate walking right beside him. The same guy who failed to catch the ball. “Rascor seems to be angry with the way you treated the prince. Not to mention, Xien saw everything that happened. They might do something to you.” Then the guy blocked Skyler’s path and stretched his hand. “I’m Kisho, by the way.”

Skyler stared at the hand before making eye contact with Kisho. Kisho, he observed, seem to have flawless tan skin, semi-bald, typical friendly guy. He just wondered how long Kisho would hang out with him or perhaps he should push the other person away. “Skyler.” He replied, slapping the offered hand away.

Kisho blinked at the gesture but shrugged it away. “With your attitude, it’ll be hard for you to gain friends. I mean like it’s only the first day of school and classes haven’t even started yet but you’ve already created a fuss in the gym and all. The prince probably wouldn’t get angry at you since he’s a kind person but those other two definitely are mad at you. You have powerful enemies.” He started talking as he resumed walking.

Skyler doesn’t have a clue to where Kisho might be taking them but he was following the guy anyway. He was curious about his so-called new enemies. “Who are they, anyway? How do they become involve with this?”

“Whenever the prince is involve, those two are involve as well. Rascor, that redhead guy. He’s the basketball star player but he’s also involve with other sports like being captain and pitcher in baseball and a champion golfer too. He also coaches soccer with elementary kids. He’s the prince’s childhood friend. He’s overprotective towards the prince. He’s in denial but everybody can see how much he loves the prince. I mean like everybody can see his jealousy whenever Xien is around with the prince.”

Skyler absorbed the information. “And who is this Xien?”

“Xien? You probably didn’t get to see him since you already left the gym as he helped the prince stand up. He’s a Chinese brunette. His hair is dyed. Anyway, he’s very intelligent. He’s the top of the class and the top of our batch. He’s the president of his class, science club and student council. Unlike Rascor, he’s quite straightforward as he let everybody knows that he is courting the prince. Come to think of it, there might be one more powerful enemy. He wasn’t in the gym but after hearing what happened, he’ll probably get mad at you too.”

// What the heck… One person got hurt but three people intends to get revenge. Great. // Skyler wanted to sigh as he refused the urge to twitch an eyebrow. “So who’s this other guy?”

“Chrono. Sounds familiar?”

// Chrono… Where did I hear that name before… // A short flashback and Skyler remembered. “Isn’t he a rock singer?”

“Precisely! He’s obsessed with the prince just as his own fans would be obsessed all over him. It’s funny how he is the president of the prince’s fan club when there’s a fan club for him too.” Kisho chuckled. “Ah, here we are. The quadrangle is where the students gather over for the morning ceremony for the start of the school year. My class is over there so…I’ll see you at lunch?”

Skyler nodded. “Thanks again. You’ve been helpful.” With that, he went over to line with his classmates. Just as he did that, he found out that he is classmates with the prince. He stood in line after the prince. He could clearly see how his presence made the prince’s back tense. Slowly, his hands reached on the prince shoulders which only made the prince more tense. Then he began to work, massaging the prince’s shoulders and the back of his neck.

// Is this his way of apologizing? // Castor thought as he closed his eyes to relax. They were at the back of the crowd so there’s nothing to worry about somebody else seeing them. But all too soon, the morning ceremony was done. The hands that were on his shoulders left. He turned to see Skyler already walking away.

“Damn, you’re even classmates with him.” Castor turned his head to see Rascor stand right next to him. “If does something to you, just tell me and I will hunt him down!!!”

“May I remind you that if you do anything violent, it might result to you being kicked out of school though I won’t mind if that would happen. I’ll just have one less rival towards Castor’s love.” Xien said, adjusting his eye glasses and winked at the prince.

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOo

In the classroom….

The teacher did his usual morning greeting before announcing. “Class, this is Skyler Sterling. He’s a new student in this school so let’s give him a warm welcome and be nice to him. Castor, since you’re the president of his class, I expect you to take care of Skyler.”

“Yes, sir.”

“And Skyler, if you need any help, please refer to Castor. Now take your seat. There’s an empty seat behind Castor.” The teacher said as he gave Skyler a gentle push towards the class.

The lecture started when Skyler got into his seat. It was just the first day and yet the teacher didn’t waste time on his lessons. The board is almost filled with his handwriting and graphs and words and whatever else. He was the kind of teacher that doesn’t mind whether his students listened to him or not as long as they do not create any disturbance or noise during class.

Castor was tense again. Being a good student and the president, he was diligently taking down notes. Just when he was feeling stressed, he felt hands massaging his back. The same hands that gave him a massage. He felt himself leaning slightly against those hands and stopped taking down notes.

Skyler could hear his classmates murmuring. This time he didn’t mind if there were people watching him, massaging the prince. Rumors would probably fly just because of this simple gesture. He just wondered what kind of rumors it would be.

By recess time, rumors were indeed flying even though the different classrooms were situated far away. Like all section A from 1st to 4th year are situated at the North, then all section B at the West and like that. Upon hearing the rumors, Rascor and Chrono made their way towards the prince’s classroom.

“Castor, is it true?!?!” Chrono slammed his hands on the table.

Castor almost jumped out of his chair. “What are you talking about?”

“Were you really ually harassed by this guy?!!?” Rascor grabbed Skyler by the collar. “Just say the word and I’ll beat this guy up!”

“I told you not to be too violent.” Xien entered the classroom in a graceful manner. “My dear prince, are you alright?” He held Castor’s hand.

“Eh!?! Yes…I’m fine.” Castor blushed.

“Oi!!!” Rascor forgot about Skyler at the moment as he moved to push Xien away from Castor. “Stop flirting with him!!!”

Chrono suddenly carried the prince, bridal style. “Come on. Let’s get you to the clinic.”

Castor widened his eyes in surprise. “Eh?!?! But like I said, I’m fine. Really!!!”

“Oi, put him down!!!” Then there was a chaos among the three rivals of prince’s love. Castor tried to catch their attention, to stop them but he was too gentle and kind for his own good. He felt a warm hand wrap around his. He looked down at the hand then up towards the person named Skyler.

Without looking at the prince, he gently tugged the prince’s hand and started walking. They walked out of the classroom, out from the noise and chaos. Their classmates and whoever else was in that room, just watched them silently. It took a while for the three rivals to notice that the prince and Skyler were gone.

“Where did they go?” Xien, looking frighteningly threatening, asked a student.

“We-we haaave nnnn..-no idea. They just went out of the classroom.” The student stuttered.

“Oh no!! The prince is going to be !!!” Chrono exclaimed.

“Shut up!” Rascor bonked the singer’s head. “Don’t get any weird ideas into your head.”

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO

A/N: There are more original characters involved here but I hope you'll enjoy and love them.  Comments please?