The Last Hope

The Only Royal For Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Hello readers! Guess who's back? Me. I'm sorry for this really, really late update. It's been about 9 months since I last updated this story. It was my summer break from school, but I'm an athlete, so I was away for competitions and training. Also, I had a summer job, so I was working a lot. School just started so, I couldn't write a lot. You guys helped me to keep writing, so thanks guys! I know, bad author. I gratefully apologize. I'll update as soon as I can. But, you guys are in for a treat. I made this chapter longer for you guys, as a gift.

YOONA’S POV

    As I laid in the hiding spot for Yuri--she never came back. I started to come out of the hiding place warily as the assassins were still after me, however there was no one, not even villagers. It became desolate, with nothing moving in my sight. I pondered where should I go? Most importantly, where is Yuri? I sneakily made my way towards the palace, wanting to not get caught. As I reached the front doors, I heard ragged voices shouting from inside. I slipped inside and hid among the ramparts.

    

    “HA! What fool do you think I am?! I’m not handing over my kingdom. Not to the likes of you!” That voice...it’s my father! No! What can I do? Where’s my mother? Is she still here? Is Yuri here? I quickly made my way towards the throne, peering over the fence that was along the hall. My father was in danger! As stubborn as he is, he had a sword up to his neck, unflinching, even in the face of danger.

 

    “You ARE going to hand over the kingdom. Otherwise, I will not spare your lovely daughter,” the man shouted. The man then moved closer to the king’s face. The king stood closer towards the man and glared at him. He then calmly shouted, “You will NOT touch my daughter. She is guarded by the best warrior on this land. You couldn’t lay a hand on her if you tried, you pathetic thing of a man.” The man snickered and started to laugh. He lowered his sword and tantalized the king, “I killed the warrior already. HAHAHA! She is no longer alive, she fell into the river. Ahh, what a sight it was. MWHAHA. Your daughter is out there, weakless, helpless, with nobody with her. You dare to say I won’t hurt her.” The man pulled the king close, “I could do more than hurt her. HAHAHAHAH.”

 

    As Yoona heard the man, she locked eyes with her father. Her father saw her too. When she looked into the depths of his eyes, she knew what she had to do. She had to run. She nodded and glanced at her dad for the last time and slowly crept out the door to safety. As soon as she started to go forth, the cries of pain from her father as he reached his last breath reached her ears. She came to a halt and fell to her knees, crying into the palms of her hand as she felt pain rush all over her. A while had passed and she slowly went back to the palace and it was empty. No assassins, no servants, no Yuri. She trudged slowly to the throne with a twinge of hope and there laid her

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter