The Last Return

Tale of Crown

A turquoise head witch was already in front of the castle. Kangin who was late to be the first at there was hiding between the bushes. He could see that the witch had already fought with the royal guards. The royal guards were soulless around the ground as the evidence of what he had done. He should think faster about how to enter the castle without facing the witches. At the moment he thought that the private graveyard needed some renovations. How could he go to that graveyard when it was located under the castle? A graveyard under a castle… It was brilliant but at this time he would chop whoever had built it.

Something clicked in his mind. He squatted around the bushes to find a certain door. He brushed every leaves on the ground which could be covering the door. His hand found weird wooden surface among the leaves. He crawled quickly to that area. He pulled the wooden door, revealing a secret passage. His memory about the emergency door was still clear. He could remember every turn that could lead him to the graveyard. He grabbed one of the torches which were placed along the corridor. He walked slowly to Leeteuk’s grave. Kangin wasn’t stupid. He knew that the witch would be in front of Leeteuk’s grave. He also knew that whoever was that he must be strong since he was brave enough to fight with himself.

Kangin was shock when he saw that Leeteuk’s coffin was unlocked. He ran to the coffin to find nothing. He didn’t predict that the witch wanted to bring Leeteuk not to fight with him. Kangin caught a glimpse of Leeteuk’s body when he ran to the staircases which led him to the castle. He saw that the witch tied Leeteuk’s body and he dragged him by pulling him with the rope. Kangin climb the banister to run on the handrail. He jumped right in front of the witch. He smirked when the witch got startled.

The witch pulled the dagger from his pocket, but he was slow than Kangin. Kangin grabbed his collar, forcing him to let go of his dagger. The witch laughed at Kangin. Kangin forgot that all witches had a special power. Unfortunately, this witch could his soul and energy. The witch his soul when he was near his face. Kangin struggled from the strong pull.

Kangin lost half of his power to finally out from the influence. The witches managed to get Leeteuk’s body. Kangin put his right hand to where his heart was. His hand was glowing with blue light. He tried to heal himself while he contacted the others.

They got Leeteuk’s body.” Kangin said to no one in particular through mind gate.

I’ll be there soon.” Kyuhyun answered.

Kangin frowned when he heard the answer. Kyuhyun was supposed to be in the mansion with Yesung and Sungmin, except, it was part of the plan that Kyuhyun had set. He sat quietly while he healed himself.

 

***

 

Kyuhyun pulled Ryeowook from his horse forcefully, earning some curses from the owner. He didn’t care whether Ryeowook agreed to join him or not. He had put Ryeowook in front of him, hugging him from behind before he quickly kicked his horse so it could run as soon as possible to the castle. Kangin had been contacting endlessly. He might be in his critical condition. Kyuhyun could hear that Kangin’s breath was unstable. The worse was the rats got Leeteuk’s body. Kyuhyun couldn’t stop blaming himself for locking Sungmin and Yesung in the mansion. Kyuhyun thought that Sungmin had the key and they could unlock the mansion and went to the castle, but locking two love birds in the same place was like giving them chance to do something intimate.

“Stop moving.” Kyuhyun whispered to the squirming Ryeowook.

Kyuhyun held him tighter, so Ryeowook could stop moving.

“Where are we going?” Ryeowook asked.

“The castle.”

“What?!” Ryeowook shouted near Kyuhyun’s ear, making him hissed.

“I need to catch those witches. They stole Leeteuk’s hyung body.”

“WHAT?!” Ryeowook shouted even louder.

Kyuhyun was sure that his hearing ability decreased fifty percent because of the high pitch scream.

“Ya! Why did they steal my father’s body?” Ryeowook asked him worriedly.

Ryeowook pinched his arms when Kyuhyun kept silent.

“I’m worried about my father!” Ryeowook said again.

“I’ll beat the hell out of those witches. Don’t worry.” Kyuhyun ruffled his hair as a way to comfort the little man.

Ryeowook sighed heavily, while he wished for his father’s safety, but deep inside his heart, he wished for the God to protect this man more. He rested his head on Kyuhyun chest, probably feeling too tired.

 

***

 

“Faster!” The turquoise shouted to his fellow friend.

Seunghyun rode his horse faster. Youngbae was right behind him, guarding him while he brought Leeteuk’s body. They needed to bring Leeteuk’s body to their base camp. If they failed in doing this task, they didn’t have a big chance to win the war. According to Jiyong, it would be difficult to win this war, since Kyuhyun was the one who took over the role as the commander. Kangin, himself was a good commander for the first war, but Jiyong who was sly like a fox found the weakness of the group which was their teamwork. Now, Jiyong was sure that with Kyuhyun’s genius mind commanding the group also with their lost experience, the group had a big chance to win.

“On your left!” Youngbae suddenly shouted to Seunghyun.

Seunghyun drew his shield faster to dodge the fire ball. He chanted some ancient words to call his two loyal ravens. The slightly bigger raven flew right to the enemy, and the other stayed silent on the air.

“It’s a piece of cake!” Kyuhyun smirked at Seunghyun.

“Hold this.” Kyuhyun said to Ryeowook.

Ryeowook was the one whoncontrolled the horse, while Kyuhyun stood slowly on his horse. His eyes turned into glowing yellow, and seconds later he transformed into a big golden eagle. Ryeowook who was surprised almost couldn’t control the horse properly.

“Dang!” Seunghyun cursed.

He gestured the other raven to help. The raven flew to Kyuhyun in circle formation. Kyuhyun hissed when the other raven disturbed him. He had focused his sight to read the raven’s moves before he maneuvered himself to catch the new raven in his claw. He ripped its wings and threw it to the other raven, knocking both of them to the ground. He grumbled when he saw that Seunghyun gave Leeteuk’s body to the other witch who he didn’t know. He flew to Ryeowook’s shoulder, and he transformed back to himself.

“Stay here.” Kyuhyun whispered to Ryeowook.

He hopped from his horse, leaving Ryeowook alone. He built a special barrier around Ryeowook, so no one could enter the barrier except himself. Ryeowook placed his hand on the surface of the barrier. He stared at Kyuhyun worriedly. Kyuhyun smiled at him, to assure him that he would be okay. Kyuhyun transformed himself into black wolf. He ran quickly to catch the witches.

 

***

 

Kyuhyun ran beside the horse which brought the body. The man who rode it glared at him. He took his bow and aimed the arrow to Kyuhyun’s wolf form. He dodged all of the arrows like a professional dodge ball player. Kyuhyun moved closer to the horse to make his plan easier. He bit the front left leg of the horse. The neighing horse threw the rider along with Leeteuk’s body. Kyuhyun walked to the witch slowly. He howled in pain when someone stabbed his right shoulder. He growled at the turquoise head who was the culprit. He really wanted to claw that smug face mercilessly.

“We will finish them!” Kyuhyun turned his head to see Sungmin and Yesung coming from the opposite direction.

He snarled once again at the turquoise head before he went away. He bit Leeteuk’s neck gently, and then he threw the body to his back. He hissed when the body landed on his fresh wound.

 

***

 

Ryeowook stood abruptly, when he saw Kyuhyun’s black wolf form fell on the ground. His orange eyes pierced the barrier, and then the barrier broke into pieces. Ryeowook carried his father away from Kyuhyun. Kyuhyun walked beside Ryeowook to wake Leeteuk up. He blew air to Leeteuk. He sighed heavily, when Leetuk’s eyes began twitching. Ryeowook who was shocked at his father’s return stumbled on his feet. Kyuhyun laid behind Ryeowook quickly, so Ryeowook didn’t hit the hard surface. Kyuhyun whimpered when Ryeowook fell on his body. He circled his tale around Ryeowook, positioning him.

“OUCH!” Ryeowook screamed suddenly.

He curled when the pain started to spread all over the body. Kyuhyun nuzzled his face to make him comfortable. He knew that Ryeowook would be in pain when he regained his memories fully, but he couldn’t do anything. He only could offer his furry wolf form to make him comfortable, even though he was in pain with all the fur pulling.

Everyone who hears this, Leeteuk’s body is in the east forest. Take him to the mansion, before he starts regaining his power.” Kyuhyun said through mind gate.

On the way.” Yesung said.

 

***

 

Ryeowook caressed the leader’s hair. His tears flew out when he saw the pale face. He really couldn’t take the pictures around him, the bloody sea of citizens, the wounded friends, the motionless eldest brother, and the loss of their leader. He had had enough of those. He cleared his throat, to begin singing a strange song. No one knew that song, even Kyuhyun who was a magician. Kyuhyun stared at his lover for a while, wondering about what he was doing. He focused on his fight again after he had convinced himself that he was alright. On the other side, Ryeowook sang even louder, his body trembled; his voice rang all over Castelmare. He coughed on his voice, throwing up fresh blood. He sang again, and again. His body started to draw out more blood. It seemed like someone had cut his body. He put his head on his leader’s chest. He whispered the last sentence on his song, and he collapsed.

 

***

 

“Ryeonggu, I’m sick of this war.” Kyuhyun said to his lover.

They sat in the garden while they were stargazing. Ryeowook hummed as a respond. He rested his head on his shoulder.

“What’s the point of this war?”

“If they want to rule this land, then go ahead.”

“Can you find that greatest ruler like, right now, Ryeong?”

Ryeowook only stared at his side face. He didn’t hear what Kyuhyun had said. Kyuhyun’s words seemed like some gibberish words to his ears. He was too focused on his lover’s face. His chubby cheeks had gone and were replaced by sharp jawline. The playful smile had turned into frown. He kissed his cheek to stop the blabbers. Kyuhyun shut his mouth all of a sudden.

“I already find him.” Ryeowook said.

“Who is he?” Kyuhyun turned to face him.

Ryeowook pointed his index finger right in front of Kyuhyun’s face. He rolled his eyes at Ryeowook’s answer. Ryeowook smiled at him, shaking his head.

“Someday you will know, Kyu. Someday.”Ryeowook smiled again.

 

***

 

Daesung who had been guarding the crystal sighed heavily when the last two crystals were broken. The first one was named after Leetuk, and the other was named after Ryeowook. The friends had returned, and the trio redeemer returned just now.

“It’s the end.” He said to Jiyong who sat nervously on his throne.

“There is no ‘the end’ for us.” Jiyong answered softly.

“If we don’t have a perfect plan, we have a perfect team work. Don’t we?”

“So…?”

“When Leeteuk wakes up, the friends lose their energy. But, they also lose their energy though they rest for two days. We will drain their energy, and then they will not be able to perform magic. That’s the time when we will put them into eternal sleep, just like before.”

“Why don’t we kill them?”

“We will need them someday. Just make sure to put them ALL in sleep.”

 

***

 

Ryeowook woke up with a great headache. He had clutched his head for a while before he gave up and dropped his head on the fluffy pillow. Ryeowook sat suddenly when he heard loud grumble from his fluffy pillow. He stared at the wounded black wolf. He was familiar with the wolf, but he couldn’t remember what was up with this wolf and him. His piercing orange eyes stabbed right on his heart, telling him that it was in pain.

Some words kept flying in Ryeowook’s mind. He said the words that were in his mind like it was natural thing that he would do if he saw wounds. He caressed the black fur slowly, and he zoned out when blue light emitted from his hands. But he kept saying those words anyway.

He moved his hands away from the black animal when there wasn’t blue light anymore. The wolf huffed in annoyance when Ryeowook stop caressing its fur. It got up from its place, stretching and howling loudly. Ryeowook was startled when the wolf changed into a man.

“AHHHH!” Ryeowook screamed when he saw that man.

“huh?” Kyuhyun palm faced at Ryeowook’s reaction.

The innocent Ryeowook closed his eyes with his hands. Kyuhyun rolled his eyes, and he walked into the nearest clothes around him which were his clothes that were saved before he had turned into his wolf form.

“Do you remember me fully now, Ryeowook-ah?” Kyuhyun asked him.

He peeked from his hands to see Kyuhyun face right in front of him. He pushed him gently while he nodded his head. Kyuhyun shouted in joy, just like when someone had won lottery. He hugged him tightly while he whispered sweet nothings to his ear as a way to express his happiness.

“But Kyu.. I was dead.. How can I be here?” Kyuhyun sighed when he heard Ryeowook’s question.

He stared at the brown orbs deeply, and he sighed again. He kissed his forehead lovingly. He had kissed both of his cheeks too, before he captured his sweet lips. Ryeowook melted at the sudden kiss. He missed the sweetness of Kyuhyun’s lips; actually he missed every single touch from Kyuhyun.

“How can I ever let you die in front of me?” He whispered.

“I will tell you later, Ryeowook-ah. First thing first, let me take what is mine.” Kyuhyun said while he pointed his index finger right at Ryeowook’s left chest.

 

***

 

So, last month when I wrote my reports, I accidentally dropped my coffee and… unfortunately, the coffee was right beside my laptop… so… yeah… I need to re-write this story again. T^T Kkkk XD how is it?