Change of Plan

Tale of Crown

Curse words were thrown out right on his face by the angry young woman. The young woman yelled something about his doing in faking his identity as the descendant of the legendary Kim family. The jet black haired man felt offended of the young woman’s words, but still he couldn’t deny that.

“You said you can heal my face because you are one of the true Kim? You’re nothing but a mere wizard with lacks of abilities! You’re a liar!” The young woman slapped him.

“I am one of the Kim!” The man said.

“I should have believed that they are all gone! Give me back my money!” The young woman screamed.

The man grabbed the white pouch under the table. The white pouch was light, he didn’t have much money, but it could provide him foods for few days. Now, there was nothing left, he would starve to death.

He sighed. The young woman had left his little shop. She caused mess to his shop. His sacred things were all over the place. His books were torn into pieces, and his things, the things that he believed were his belongings when he was a Kim. He thought that he was the reincarnation of the friends ever since he was young. His parents kicked him out from the house. They thought his son was insane.

At first he didn’t believe his dreams that he was the reincarnation of the friends, but the dreams kept bugging his mind. He decided to find the proofs. He found many things as proofs, but none of them made people believed that he was the reincarnation of the Kim. But instead, he was casted outside by them, and then there was him, cramping under the little shop with the dusty sign “The Kims”.

“You’re suffering.” Said someone from the top of cupboard.

The black haired man startled at the intruder. He moved behind his table to seek some protections.

That person laughed heartily at his motion. The person landed on the ground after struggling to jump from the cupboard for one moment.

“You’re too early to realize that you’re one of us. The commander had given you the chance to live again without worries, and yet you didn’t take the chance! What a pity!” The man continued his words.

His yellow cloak swept the floor while he walked around to where the black haired was. The black haired man was in his fight position when the yellow cloak man was walking to him. He didn’t know how the stranger could manage to be there. He was in his shop all the time.

“Others were living comfortably, except me, and the sandman. Why did he choose me? He could choose Heechul! He was the first one who served that spoiled brat!” The yellow cloak man talked, again.

“Oh! I forgot! You were the one who suggested me to him. Stop moving! You remember me, right?” The yellow cloak man eventually stopped talking.

The yellow cloak man’s eyes were gleaming with hope. He wanted to hear the other’s answer. He dropped on the floor when the black haired man didn’t answer him. The silence broke his heart. He wasn’t supposed to forget his memory with the yellow cloak man.

“You said you will never forget me! But in all of the things you remembered, I wasn’t there?” The man whispered.

Tears were falling down his face, but he was strong, he kept walking to the black haired man. When the heavy step brought him in front of the black haired man, he kissed him hardly; missing how was the taste of his lips.

The electrical sensation was sent right to his spine. His body was trembling in excitement when the yellow cloak man’s lips touched his. He wrapped his arms around his waist, loving the right feeling. He devoured the sweet lips, teeth crashed to each other, and tongue fought to be the dominant. Every bad things he had thought about this man before flew from his mind.

The yellow cloak man pushed him gently when he was out of breath, but he was satisfied because the black haired man returned his kiss. He wanted to kiss him only, and pushed the little crystal ball when they were kissing, but they were literally made out, and it was easier to sneak the crystal ball to his mouth.

 

***

 

He was half conscious when the war was almost over. Everything was hazy, but he knew everything. He knew everyone was beaten by the witches. Heechul was the first one who got eliminated from the game. He protected all of them by giving his blood along with his potion. Then Donghae joined Heechul, after he lost the fight with young witch named as Seunghyun. Eunhyuk followed his lover, when he fell back from a fierce battle with Daesung. The rest won the battle but they were near their end, just like him.

Ryeowook could heal them one by one, but he was got eliminated too. He was reckless when he decided to save Leeteuk. He pushed his power over the limit. He couldn’t blame his little brother. He had a pure soul after all. The death of Leeteuk was adequate for him to give everything, so their leader was back.

“Yesung-ah!” Kangin shouted to the man.

Yesung opened his eye. He smiled when he saw his brother face. He was glad to know that he still had his family member. At least he had him after losing Heechul and Ryeowook. With so much effort, and a little help from Kangin, he gained some energy.

“I have a plan, but it’s risky. I can give us another chance, but in exchange we don’t have any memories about these s.”

“Proceed your plan. Please, save Sungmin.” Yesung said without thinking too much.

He crawled to where his lover was. He was in a bad condition like him too. His beautiful face was paled; his body was surrounded by a weak yellow light. He went through the barrier, and sat beside him.

“Sungmin-ah.” He whispered to his lover.

Sungmin didn’t answer him, but he heard what the other said. He didn’t have much energy to speak. All of his organs couldn’t function well again. His mouth couldn’t opened again, and his eyes too.

“If I’m gone, I will hold on to my memories about you no matter what, so when I meet you again, I will remember you.” He said.

“Kangin will save us, can you stay with me until then?”

A tear slipped from Sungmin eyes. Yesung wiped it away and kissed his lover’s cheeks. He had decided, Sungmin condition was over him. So if he had to choose, he would choose Sungmin to be alive again than him.

 

***

 

Heechul breathed heavily while he clutched his head. His world was spinning, and his head throbbed. He gagged when he felt a sudden nausea. He stopped his horse.

“Ouch!” He screamed when his ears buzzed.

Someone tried to enter his mind. Someone tried to contact him, but that person didn’t have strong connection.

“Kyuhyun?” He said, guessing if it was Kyuhyun or Sungmin.

Kyuhyun could contact him because he was bound to him as his master, and Sungmin could contact him too because he was one of the friends.

“It’s me, hyung.” A husky voice whispered.

He didn’t have to press his ear to strengthen the connection. He assumed that his brother had woken up just now. When he woke up, another mind gate was opened, that was why his ears buzzed. The voice was clear, and the connection began to thicken. Heechul gasped, he didn’t believe that he could hear his voice again.

“Yesung-ah!” He shouted. Yesung chuckled on the other side.

“Hyung, we have to find Kangin.” He said.

Heechul kicked his horse gently, so the horse could walk slowly. He thought for a while, why he and Yesung needed to find Kangin?

“Ah! Is the brat getting weaker?” He asked.

His unreasonable pain could be the sign that Kyuhyun wasn’t okay. If something happened to Kyuhyun, all of the friends could feel it too. So maybe, that nausea was caused by Kyuhyun. He knew that that brat was the one who controlled them beside the sandman and Sungmin. Sungmin said, he only controlled the redeemer trio, but Kyuhyun was being Kyuhyun, there was no way in hell that he trusted Sungmin and the sandman for one hundred percent.

“Yeah. Sungmin was on the way to his mansion. He told me to find you. You know, if we’re together, we can find Kangin faster.” Yesung said.

“Where are you? I passed the border of West Castelmare five minutes ago.”

“I think I know where you are.” Heechul said again. Heechul looked to the shining star right on top of a little shop with dusty sign “The Kims.”.

He snorted at the sign. He was ready to insult the sign as his greetings to his younger brother. He was Heechul, no one could escape without being cut by his dangerous tongue.

 

***

 

Kyuhyun collapsed on the sofa. He had an extreme headache. His body was sweating a lot. His energy reduced quickly. He had to change the plan in this case. He couldn’t save energy for the war if this happened every time he controlled them.

He had done his work with Leeteuk, and he was exhausted. He had destroyed the spell that killed Leeteuk, Leeteuk now was in his sleeping mode. He controlled Leeteuk’s mind, so he wouldn’t lose anything from past and he would know everything when he was sleeping. He always checked where Kangin was, so Kangin was on the same track with the aligned stars. And lastly, Ryeowook, the one who drove him crazy. He was waiting for him patiently; he didn’t want to rush anything. One wrong move, then his plan would fail. Everything was for Ryeowook’s safety. Called him ignorant, but he didn’t care about his people; he didn’t care about his crown. He only wanted Ryeowook.

He didn’t want to lose him for a second time. He didn’t want to repeat the same scene where Ryeowook swam in his own blood. He didn’t want to see Ryeowook’s body full of cuts. He didn’t want to know that Ryeowook didn’t breath. This time, he wanted to see Ryeowook beside him on his throne.

“Kyuhyun-ah!” The familiar voice called him.

“Did you send them to find Kangin-hyung?” He asked, face buried deep in pillow.

“Yeah. Is it too fast to find him?”

“I don’t have much power to control them. They drained my energy too fast; I didn’t have any energy to check on the others. If Kangin hyung is here, I can save my energy for the war. We shall give them a mini heart attack too, anyway.”

“Okay, if you think so. Anything else?” Sungmin asked.

“Find the sandman, he will be their turf card if you’re late.”

“Anything else?” Sungmin asked again. Kyuhyun sighed at this.

“Please check on Ryeowook’s condition.” Sungmin smiled contentedly when he heard Kyuhyun’s words.

“And congratulations for being back together.” He muffled. Sungmin barely heard his last words, but he smiled wider than before. 

 

***

 

“Where are we going?” Yesung whined.

“Stop complaining! I have been riding horse for about hours with head up to read the stars. This is nothing!”

They had been following the aligned stars so long, from the evening until dawn, with no sign of his brother, Kangin. What if his face had changed from the last time they saw? Or maybe Kangin got bigger than before? But he was Kangin, their younger brother. He could know him on the first glance.

“Something is moving.” Yesung whispered from behind Heechul.

Both of them hop off from the horse. Heechul could feel that someone was there with them. Luckily, Heechul brought many types of ammunition, so Yesung could protect himself. He grabbed his sword, and Yesung was ready with his arrows and bow.

Heechul scanned the area around them. It was dawn. The sky was still dark, he couldn’t see well. The road was too empty for this hour. People must be sleeping around this time. So, why was there someone walking?

“Heechul-hyung, on your left side!”

Yesung was fast to shoot the man right on his heart, if not; the man would cut through Heechul’s stomatch. Heechul stoned on his position.

“What have you done?!” Heechul nagged.

Heechul grabbed the man who was in pain. He pulled out the arrow from his heart in a flash. Yesung was confused with his older brother. What had he done? He saved him from the thief!

“Stupid big head!” Heechul yelled at him.

“Did you have a small brain just like your turtles?” Heechul yelled again.

Heechul pushed him when he walked to his horse. He grabbed a small bag with loud jingle sound.

“Is this your way to say thanks?” Yesung asked, completely clueless with the situation.

Heechul didn’t answer him, probably too tired to argue with clueless Yesung. He opened the cork of his potion. He dropped the white liquid to the man’s wound. He also dropped the white liquid to the man’s mouth. Yesung was dumbfounded behind Heechul.

“Why did you give him the potion?” Yesung asked again.

“Why did I do that? Because he’s Kangin, silly!”

 

***

 

“Ryeowook!” Kyuhyun hugged the bloody corpse.

Kangin run to where Ryeowook and Kyuhyun were. He couldn’t believe his eyes that bloody corpse was Ryeowook, his cute little brother. He had failed as a brother to protect him. He had failed as a commander. Most of his friends had gone, leaving him.

“Kyuhyun-ah!” Kangin was on time to swat Kyuhyun’s hands on Ryeowook’s left chest.

“Don’t!” He said furiously. 

“I can save him. I can save all of them. Please, don’t do anything stupid.” He said again.

Kyuhyun’s eyes were cloudy. He wanted to believe in Kangin, but he couldn’t. He wanted to save Ryeowook by himself. He was too busy in his game. He didn’t know that Ryeowook was with him in the game. He should protect him. He should save him, even if it needed his heart as the price.

Kyuhyun built a strong barrier around him and Ryeowook. He didn’t want Kangin to interfere with him.

“No!” Kangin banged the barrier.

He had fully decided. He would save all of them. Castelmare would be in danger if they were gone. Another chance was what they wanted. In another chance, he wished for them to be allied once more. He wished for them to learn from the past so it would fix their teamwork. No more selfishness, no more reckless action.

 

***

 

“I’m sorry Yesung-ah.” Kangin whispered to the unmoving body.

He chanted some words, and then he grabbed the man’s neck forcefully. A blue smoke was out of his open mouth.

“The crystal ball, Sungmin-ah.” Kangin said to the crying little man beside him.

Sungmin handed him the tiny crystal ball. He chanted some words again so the blue smoke trapped on the crystal ball.

Sungmin was the first one who he saved. Unlike the others, Sungmin was one of them who still had a faint pulse. Yesung didn’t make it through his critical condition. He passed out. They who passed out would get another chance without any memories. And they who made it through the critical condition would get their memories and another chance. Sungmin still remembered every details of the war and he knew what he would do to the little man for the future.

 

***

 

“Do it, Teukie hyung.” He whispered.

Leeteuk cried and cried when he drew the sword through Kangin’s heart. He killed his fellow friend although it was Kangin’s plan. Kangin screamed in agony. Leeteuk cried even louder. He couldn’t take it. He grabbed Kangin’s neck quickly and chanted some words. A blue smoke came out, and flew freely.

The commander had gone nowhere to be found.

 

***

 

It’s valentine day! Do you have any plan, today? I have none; let’s go on a date with me XD. How was the story? I realized just now that there was no Kyuwook moment at all on the chapters before, so I fasten the story. I will add more Kyuwook moments on the next chapters, I promise T.T