Discovery

Tale of Crown

“You know everything, right?” Daesung said beside the red head.

Jiyong stayed silent. He knew everything. He had the super hearing ability but somehow he couldn’t figure out their plan. He knew that Sungmin had woken up the mage. The mage was the one who gave Sungmin orders. He knew it too. It was just like something was off.

“I knew it.” Jiyong whispered.

Daesung stopped on his track. He couldn’t believe it. Their leader knew it but he still kept the truth from them.

“Why didn’t you tell me?” Daesung asked, daring to raise his voice in front of their leader.

Jiyong stared blankly at the blonde man. Both of them fell into their own thoughts.

“Something is wrong.” Jiyong finally spoke his thought.

The blonde man raised his eyebrows on the other side.

“What’s wrong?” Daesung asked.

“Your great grandfather was the chronicler of the old war. Wasn’t he?” Jiyong asked out of the blue.

“Yeah...?”

“Let’s go!”

Daesung who was confused gotten pulled by Jiyong. They walked to the other side of their mansion. The only place to know what was wrong with the friends’ plan was the library, the secret library where their ancestors kept their history.

 

***

 

Heechul stopped when he saw a small chapel. He snorted at people who were out of that small chapel just now. Children were waving at the tall figure near the door while the adults were busy saying their thanks to that person.

“Good morning, father.” Heechul said to the handsome priest.

The priest smiled at him, completely oblivious with situation. Heechul told him about nonsense story to make the priest pity him. The priest allowed him to stay in the chapel.

“So, what’s your suggestion, father?” Heechul asked the priest.

His sneaky hands were quick to lock the door when the priest didn’t look to his way.

“Why did you lock the door?” The priest said without moving his gaze.

Heechul was speechless. How did he know it?

“What do you mean?” Heechul asked innocently.

The priest turned his body. He walked quickly to where Heechul was standing. He had smiled sweetly before he pulled out a dagger on his pocker. Heechul gasped loudly.

“Put that down. I’m a good person.” Heechul said in panic.

“Evil witches always say that.”

“No! You need to trust me, Siwonnie.” Heechul pleaded.

The priest dropped the dagger. He stared deeply at the shorter man in front of him. If staring could kill someone, Heechul would be dead seconds ago.

“How did you know me?”

Heechul grabbed the crystal ball inside his pocket. He pushed the ball to the priest’s palm, and then he clamped the crystal ball inside the other’s palm until they could hear cracking sound. The green smoke was out of the broken crystal. The smoke had tied the priest strongly before it was gone sipping through the skin.

 

***

 

Two horses stopped in front of a mansion. The mansion was big surrounded by red rose’s garden. The color of it was broken white with slight European architecture design. The beautiful mansion was located deep inside the forbidden forest, so no one could see the beauty of it. It was beautiful compared to the atmosphere around it. The atmosphere around it was dark, and the air was dry.

One of them constantly checked his surroundings, while the other walked to the front door. He pulled the keys inside his pocket to unlock the two-leaf door.

“Why are you still there?” Sungmin shouted to Yesung who stayed silent on the spot.

Yesung who had woken up from the daze walked to the open door. His jaw dropped when he entered the mansion. He wondered how much wealth Kyuhyun had. He was the crown prince after all.

“Why are you here?” Kyuhyun asked from behind, shocking them to death.

“We are here to help you, dummy.” Sungmin answered.

Kyuhyun scoffed at his answer. He walked ahead them to sit in his almighty but fake throne. Sungmin and Yesung decided to sit around the stone table. They watched the ex-crown prince resting in his throne.

“Where are the others?”

“Heechul goes to find Siwon. Shindong goes to find Donghae and Eunhyuk. I know that they are together despite losing memories about each other. Last, Kangin goes to the castle to find Leeteuk.” It was Yesung who answered his question.

Kyuhyun opened his eyes. From that, Sungmin and Yesung knew that Kyuhyun wasn’t resting. He was thinking about the plan. Once again, Yesung wondered about Kyuhyun more specifically how much time Kyuhyun had to rest.

“Here’s the plan.” Kyuhyun joined them to sit around the stone table.

Kyuhyun knew that when Leeteuk was awake, the friends would pass out for two days due to overwhelming power. The witches would probably start to plan their strategies. After waking up, the friends would be in their weakest point. To avoid losing in the war because of lacking in power, Kyuhyun suggested them to do circles formation in the battle field, while Kyuhyun went to fetch Ryeowook. Donghae, Shindong, Sungmin and Yesung would be in the fourth circle. Eunhyuk, Siwon, and Heechul would be in the third circle. Leeeteuk, Kangin would be in the second circle. Ryeowook would join them in the second circle, and Kyuhyun would be in the first circle.

“So we will fight them until they are dead?” Yesung chirped.

“No.” Kyuhyun said, rising up from his chair.

“Then?” This time, Sungmin was the one who asked him.

“We will burn them.” Kyuhyun answered.

He grabbed his cloak on the arm chair. Yesung and Sungmin stood up abruptly from their chair. They still wanted to know about the plan, but Kyuhyun simply cut them off. He locked Yesung and Sungmin in his mansion, when he wandered aimlessly around Castelmare only to find his lover.

 

***

 

A man in his golden cloak was sitting quietly, while he drank his brandy. He eyed everyone in that small pub. His eyes stopped on a certain man who was busy jotting down orders.

“Why are you eye-ing my boyfriend, sir?” The tall bartender asked the man.

The man chuckled at his not so funny question. He handed him the empty glass, asking for another shot of brandy. The jealous bartender filled his glass, eyes still glaring at the bulky man.

“You are still together? After all this time?” The man asked him.

“What do you mean?” The bartender answered him with another question.

The man chuckled again. He gestured the bartender to draw up. The man handed him his glass of brandy.

“I know you, Donghae-ah.” The man said.

The bartender backed off from the bulky man. He dropped the glass in his hands, causing a ruckus. The small waiter who was claimed as the boyfriend by Donghae ran to the counter.

“Who are you?” Donghae asked again.

The man chuckled. He swung his hand to the air. Mysterious golden sand put the broken glass together again along with the content of it. He swung his hand again. The golden sand flew to the counter, serving him a glass of brandy.

“I’m your old friend.” He finally answered after he had sipped his brandy.

The man stood up from his seat. He put two tiny crystal balls on the top of the counter.

“I’m Shindong by the way. See you soon?”

The bartender laughed nervously. He was sure that that man was insane. 

“Excuse me sir, but we can’t accept these things as payment.” The waiter shouted.

“Hyuk-ah!” The bartender elbowed his boyfriend.

“You can’t?” Shindong asked.

He swung his hand to the air, and the mysterious golden sand dropped the crystal ball from the counter. He swung his hand again, and the mysterious golden sand turned into golden coins.

“There you go.”

The man laughed when he heard screaming inside the pub. He knew that the smoke from the broken crystal ball had gone through Donghae and Eunhyuk skin.

 

***

 

The red hair man banged the wooden table hardly. The blonde man who was beside him got startled with his action. He didn’t know what was happening with his leader. Minutes ago, his leader read some old parchments, and minutes later his leader got angry all of a sudden.

“They tricked us!” Jiyong grumbled.

“What?”

We need to find that Ryeowook! Our chance to become the ruler will be ruined!”

“Why?” Daesung asked again, completely confuse about the condition.

“Because, he can lead us to the greatest ruler of Castelmare! Our biggest enemy.” Jiyong answered frustratedly.

Daesung took the parchment from his leader’s hand. He read again and again not wanting to miss any word that could lead them to destruction. He threw the parchment to the table. He still couldn’t believe the truth. Kyuhyun had lied to them. The friends fooled them.

“Let’s find that little boy.” Jiyong said to Daesung who was in his deep thought.

“No. Let’s go to the castle first.” Daesung answered him.

“They will probably go to Leeteuk’s grave to complete Ryeowook’s memory. Ryeowook have known about himself but he isn’t sure. One more person, then the true Ryeowook will be back.” Daesung explained his thought to Jiyong.

“We can’t control him if he has his memories!” Daesung said desperately.

Their plan was on the verge of failing, the plan that they had planned carefully, the plan that they had planned perfectly. It almost failed.

 

***

 

Kangin rode his horse faster than before. Two mysterious men had been following him ever since he was out of the border of West Castelmare. He was sure that the two men were the witches. He got that feeling that Jiyong had discovered the truth just like he had predicted. Jiyong wasn’t that easy to fool. He would smell the fishiness of their lie.

Kangin looked behind him, but the two men were too far to reach for. He turned his horse to left quickly. The two men wouldn’t know that path. Only the friends knew that path. The path was built secretly due to emergency situation. Kangin sighed, feeling relieved when he checked again. The two men weren’t behind him. He rode his horse again to the castle. He needed to prepare himself. The two men would be going to the castle just like him.

Sungmin-ah!” Kangin said from the mind gate.

Kangin didn’t hear any answer. He cursed when he remembered that Sungmin was with Yesung. They would be hooking up. He sighed heavily thinking that he would fight two witches later.

If the two of you finish hooking up, please go to the castle! There are two witches following me.” Kangin said.

 

***

 

Kyuhyun frowned when he heard Kangin’s words to Sungmin and Yesung. He would like to be with Ryeowook too. He wouldn’t be worried again since he went out from his mansion to fetch Ryeowook. Ryeowook had been wandering too long than what he had thought. He should bring Ryeowook to his mansion or else the war would start without them, and it meant they would lose for the second time. Kyuhyun hadn’t told them the rest of the plan. He just said to burn the witches alive, but they wouldn’t know how to burn the witches.

Kyuhyun chuckled when he saw the tiny prince who rode his horse slowly among the trees. He rode his horse ahead from Ryeowook’s horse. Ryeowook shouted when his horse got blocked suddenly. It was clear that Ryeowook was angry with whoever was that.

“Why are you here again?” Ryeowook sulked.

“To fetch you of course, my prince.” Kyuhyun .

Ryeowook rolled his eyes, kicking his horse to walk, careless whether it can bump with Kyuhyun’s horse.

“You always say that.” Ryeowook said.

He had had enough of his lies. Kyuhyun always said that, but in the end he would disappear. He would leave him with that alluring promise 'Soon my love' Ryeowook snorted at Kyuhyun sweet promise.

“I’m serious!”

“Serious with what? Your sweet promises? Your ‘Soon my love’?"

Kyuhyun who had been moody got angry with Ryeowook. He pulled Ryeowook wrist harshly, making Ryeowook almost falling from his horse.

“It hurts.” Ryeowook shouted.

“Come back with me. I’m dead serious.” Kyuhyun said while he stared Ryeowook beautiful orbs deeply.

 

***

 

I know that this is so flat. I hope that I can bring enough happiness for you through this story. I’m writing the last chapter. So yeah, one more chapter and this story will be end. I’m sorry for the late update. I felt kinda depressed these days. My brain was stuck; also my mood didn’t cooperate with me. I wanted to cry, but I couldn’t, only wishing for time to go slowly, so it can fix everything.