Wipe out

Debt N Love

Kim Jongin
'Young master, I've heated the red bean breads.' My loyal butler, which Uncle Lim loves to call himself, place the plate on my study table. 'This is delicious. It brings back the taste of the first one I've ever bought you. Where did you get it?'
'In a small bakery a few blocks down the street.' I said and unknowingly smiles to myself.

'Anything good happened today?' Uncle Lim asked but I decided to keep it to myself. Today's incident with Suhyun was funny and light hearted. Its been a while since I'm in such a good mood.
'This doesn't seems right, young master. The last time you smiled like this was when you scored a really big deal. A big one. So something really happened today?' He winks but I excused him out of my room before he could question further. Uncle Lim can be a pain in the sometime.

I smile again when I took a bite of the bread. The girl is clumsy, but cute as well. Everyone in the office is always trying to curry my favor and no one is honest and truthful in the company. Yes, the world outside is scary and competitive as hell. Everyone is trying to climb to the top and it's been a while since I've met with a dummy like Suhyun.

Her smile is infectious and the small accident was able to capture my attention for the longest time in a while as compared to the ladies in the office who wears skimpily with s showing everywhere.

Uh uh, if they were mine, I'll make sure to teach them how to wear properly. Seducing every attractive and legible men one can set their eyes on are no way decent. They'll never capture my attention.

I smile again when I took a bite of the bread. Suhyun is really cute. I was surprised to see her and Miyoung setting up the snacks in the meeting room through the transparent window and ended up in shock when she knocks against the sharp edge of the metal door, grazing her forehead with a cut. I was lucky to catch her before she fell to the ground and applied some ointment I had in my office.

I wonder if she is feeling better. Taking the final bite of the bun, I start to look through the documents of the new project on hand. The projects seems to be complicated and it requires hard work. I guess I'm not sleeping tonight, again.

--
Baek Suhyun

I look at the mirror in my room to adjust the bandage on my forehead. I look so much like some ganster girls engage in a cat fight and the cut is the proof of me losing. I shake my head again and again to see how ugly it looks. I arrange my fringe to cover up the bandage, no reason to show it off and be scolded by my mum again.

'Mum!' I shouted but to my dismay she isn't at home. Where could she be? I wondered and saw the note she left on the table with breakfast prepared for me.


I'm going to the bank. Open the bakery as usual.


I snicker at the note my mum left, we are always working without rest. A week 7 days, we're working everyday. Hurray.

I greeted Miss Miyoung with glee when she enters the bakery every morning 10 past 8.
'Good morning, Miss Miyoung. Would you try to buy some pineapple custard bread? New flavors of the month!' I introduced and she glady bought one. She loves new flavours, both my mum and me knows it.

'How's your forehead?' Miss Miyoung asks, pulling me towards the empty tables and chairs after the purchase. She started to take the bread out and munch on it, as if we're chatting like besties. 'Mr Kim was the one who carried you to his office and I heard he was the one who helped you put on the medicine.' Miss Miyoung informs and I could feel my temperature on my face rising. Mr CEO helped me with my wound and even carry me to his office?

'I don't remember any of it.' I shake my head and earn a gasp from Miss Miyoung.
'You don't remember? So you fainted for real?' She asks, totally surprised that I really fainted.
'Hey~' I whine, 'I've only seen his picture once yesterday.'
'Oh.' She laughs. 'You're in luck, Mr Kim seldoms help out any of his female workers. All of them are vying for his attention, yet he seems to be interested in you?' Miss Miyoung said and I know what she is referring to. My face, my body and my weight. I'm not pretty, skinny or cute. It is reasonable for her to be surprised.
'He's gay?' I asks, hoping to divert the attention away from me.

Of course he's not.

'I don't think so.' She shakes his head. 'By the way, the Mr CEO is called Kim Jongin and he is 27 years old.' Miss Miyoung said and I gasped at her words. 27 years old with that kind of face and achievement. Oh my god, he is so talented! 'I feel you, seriously. Anyway, time for me to go.' She stood up, straightening her pencil skirt. 'Take care, Suhyun.' She points at her forehead and left laughing at me.

She's so mean.

--
'Hi, welcome.' I greeted when a man in his 40s in full black suit enters the bakery. He has short hair, small eyes and a face full of black beards. He looks like he's some leader of a gang, or rather someone who is lazy to clean up.

I was momentarily stunned when he turn to smile at me. His eye smile is charming. No doubt there's a saying to not judge someone based on their face alone.

He walks around and pick up almost all the flavours of the bread in our shop.
'Can I have all the cakes packed as well?' He asked when he placed the 5th tray of bread on the counter.
'Sure, all of these are freshly baked today.' I beam, hopping to show off our cake and market more of our products. It would be wonderful if we are able to sell off everything today and close the shop early.

'Oh, they must taste equally nice. Did you bake them?' He asks and look around. 'I came here because it was a recommendation from my friend. Please pack them all then.' He flashes his eye smile again and unconsciously that made me smile as well.
'Yes, I do bake some simple buns and pastries. my mun is in charge of almost everything.' I informed. 'Are you having a party? The buns can't be kept more than a day and the cakes... Do you have that much fridge to store them?' I ask, getting curious what he'll do with then. I may be glad to sell these off, but I have a part in making them, I don't want them to be thrown in the waste bin.
'Party?' He rubs his neck, as if being asked some hard question. 'You can say my Mistress is having some bad cravings for sweets and buns.'
'I see...that would be $756.00.' He handed me the cash and head out with hands full of pastries, making a few trip from the shop to his car.

'Who came, Suhyun?' My mum came down after lunch and was surprised to see all the cakes wiped out and almost half of our breads all sold out. 'Someone came to buy all these?' She looks around, inspecting the displays trays.

'Yes, a scary looking man came to get them all. But he has a charming eye smile.' I beam but my mum isn't sharing my joy. Her face starts to darken and her frowns starts to show. 'Anything wrong?' I ask and slowly approach her, gently hugging her arm. 'Did I say something wrong?' I ask again, this time she chuckle awkwardly and shake his head.

'No, dear. Don't worry about it. Maybe I'm afraid the sold buns and cake might go to waste. Who knows he might throw them away.' She pats my arm. 'Now I need to bake more cakes.'
'Oh, he said it was for his mistress.' I explain. 'I wonder if the mistress is his wife.'
'O-oh really?' She ask, the same dark gloomy expression clouding her face again.
'Hi, can I settle the bill?' A customer enters the bakery and my mum quickly went to attend to her. I hope she is not feeling unwell. It always take a long time for her to recover.
--

I stare at the last red bean bun we have in store tonight. Our flavor of the day has been sold out and the last red bean bun I've here is what I've been hidden the whole day. I wonder if Mr CEO would be coming tonight and if he does, I don't want to disappoint him without any bun left.

'Its 9pm already, I supposed he ain't coming?' I muttered to myself and reluctantly starts to prepare the shop for closing. Our closing time is 9.15pm and if there are any unsold bun, my mum and I would be the one clearing them. We will have a grand bun supper. Sehun used to come by often before he becomes a trainee and idol. It turn out even less now since he is so popular.

'Hi, can I still buy some buns?' A voice ask and I quickly spin around to see Mr CEO standing at the entrance, as if waiting for me to allow him in. 'I hope you haven't close yet?' He asks, rubbing the back of his neck.
Looking at the clock behind the register, it is only 9.04pm. 'N-no, we close at 9.15pm.' I inform with a smile and quickly invite him in. 'Please come in.'

'Thank you.' I smile to myself when the first thing he grabs is the red bean bun. Well, at least my effort is not wasted. He continues to pick some packs of cookies and a bottle of yogurt drink.
'It will be $12.50.' I inform and he glady passed me some bills.
'Do you mind if I seat here to eat the bread and finish the drink? I won't take more than 10 minutes.' I look at the clock and its now 9.09pm. It should be fine, all I need to do is to flip the open signal to closed.

'Sure, no worries. I'll just need to turn the signal.' I said and stupidly trip on my feet while walking towards the door. While I anticipate getting kissed by the floor, I open my eyes to see Mr CEO hugging my waist, smiling in a crooked manner at me.
'You've a death wish everyday?' He asks and I could only shake my head. Oh lord, why does he looks so handsome, cute and beautiful at the same time? Does someone like him even exist?
'Thank you.' I bow when he carefully set me on my feet. 'P-please seat.' I signal with both my hand and he gladly accepted it.

I took a towel and starts to clean the door that isn't dirty at all. Looking outside, I could see his car, a black huge car. I wonder what its call. He must be rich, as in super rich.

I'm in my early 20s and I've nothing under my name. Its not that I want to grumble about my life, Mr CEO just seems too capable and amazing

'How long have you opened this bakery?' Mr CEO suddenly asks and I started to count with my fingers.
'Probably 3 months?' I said, we are always moving around, though I've not a clue to the reason why. Maybe I should try asking my mum about it.
'I see.' He nods and I see that he's done with his late meal.
'Do you always eat so late?' I ask unconsciously, I guess I'm trying to know him better. The way he converse with me and his smiles doesn't make him look like such a cold and aloof person described by Miss Miyoung.

'Hmm, yes. Work is hectic, and I prefer to do work by myself.' He thought for a moment before speaking. 'The red bean bun brings back memory of the past. I used to eat one red bean bun with similar flavour you have and I've tried countless other buns and fail to find the flavour of the past. I must say I'm grateful to both Miyoung and you.'

'Me? Why would you be grateful?' I chuckle, feeling nervous that he's grateful of the things I've not done for him.
'Well, you've kept the last remaining one for me. Your shop seems to enjoy brisk business, everything seems to be cleared.' He points at the empty empty trays and I reluctantly look around. Damn, he's so observant. 'I should get going now, Miss Red bean.' He stands up and grab the wrappers from the meal.
'I'll clean this, Mr CEO.' I offer but he declines and reason the rubbish bin is just next to his car.

'Thank you for the bun.' He smiles and left the shop.

Watching his car gets further and disappears into the dark night, I wonder if he would be visiting tomorrow as well.