Miss Red bean

Debt N Love

'Suhyun, hurry up and bring the bread out. We're running out of red bean flavors already!' My mum yelled and I quickly carry the freshly baked bread out of the kitchen. 

'Maybe we should hire someone to help with?' I ask but she rejected me. As always.

'This is just a small bakery, the two of us is good enough.' Mum pats her hand after finishing placing the bread nicely on the display trays and want to clean the few tables we have for customers who want to dine in.

 

'Hi Mrs Baek!' Our heads turn to the direction of the voice and see one of our regulars, Miss Miyoung entering our shop.

'Good morning, Miss Miyoung.' I bow and earn a sweet smile from her.

 

 

'Here for more red bean bread?' Mum asks and that gotten the lady to nod her head violently. 

'Yes! How did you know?' She exclaimed, pushing her bright blonde hair behind her ears and arranging her fringe. Miss Miyoung is a young office lady in her late 20s working in a corporation just a few blocks away from our bakery. She's an avid fan of my mum's red bean bread and never fails to get it every morning. 'I think my boss is secretly in love with your bread though his secretary denies it when he told me to buy some for him.' Miss Miyoung laughed, as if finding out a deep secret about her boss. I packed 10 breads as I instructed and the lady add on some more pastries before leaving. 

 

'Say, Miss Miyoung, can you carry all these by yourself?' I asked, looking at the 5 bags of breads and pastries plus a box of assorted cakes as she makes payment. 

'Thank you.' Miss Miyoung thanks my mum after collecting her credit card back. 'I'm not too sure. Wow.' She gasps, as if finally registering how much she has bought. 'Maybe I could use a little help?' She smiles and I gladly took off my apron and carries some of the bags. 

 

The office is simply a few minutes walk away and in no time, I'm in Miss Miyoung's department pantry arranging the bread on the plates. 'We're a department that works closely with the CEO and later we have a long meeting, so my manager suggests buying some as break time snacks.' she informs and I nod my head in agreement.

'How does your CEO looks like?' I ask, curious over my mum's praise about the man being young, capable and handsome.

 

'Oh.' She smiles knowingly. 'He's a handsome guy every lady would want to pour themselves at him.' She winks and I think she does too. 'Here.' She shows me a picture of her CEO on her phone. Its a solo photo of him taken in a charity gala.

'Wow.' I cheer and a goofy smile from Miss Miyoung. The man is tall, slightly dark. He has light brown hair and a devilish handsome smile. He does give off the feel of someone cool headed and I wonder if he is nasty?

 

'Told you so.' She took her phone back and realize the time to the meeting is nearing. 'Oops, time for meeting. Could you help me put the food at the side of the meeting room? There's a small pink table at the side.' The older girl informs and I gladly help her. I take one last look at my work of display before leaving. 

 

Just as I was about to open the door, the door swing open from outside and it hit as hard as it could on my head. The other side enters a man who looks similar to the CEO and I lost consious after registering the man has caught me before I fall.

 

I woke up alone in a room that smells of rich lavender and is lying on a black sofa. My head is sore and I quickly scan the room and realize I'm in an office. 

'Gosh.' My head hurts and I could feel a soft cotton badge branding my forehead. 'I'm so going to get scolded by my mum.' Fishing out my phone, I'm surprise I've received no phone calls, but there is a message.

 

Get home once you feel better.

 

I smile at the message affectionately, I know she must be angry but my heart warms to know that she's worried about me.

 

Gathering myself to leave the office, my eyes caught on the few photo frame on the table. Its the photo of the CEO, every single photo is taken solo except for one photo of a sunset at a beach. 

 

While I thank the CEO mentally, the door suddenly open again when I attempt to open the door, but this time the door swing outwards. 

'A death wish again?' The man arch his brows, standing infront of me. My eyes blink several times in a second and I briefly wonder if my eyes will crash on me.

 

This devilish handsome man has already cupped my face and is surveying my face carefully. Its hard to remain a straight face when the man is looking at me with affection, well at least that's what I feel as compared to all his solo photos. He looks softer here and a smile every now and then is making my face heat up.

 

'You're good to go.' He said and that broke my thoughts. 

'What? OK.' I managed a small smile and he gave me a pack of paper bag. 'What is this?'

'Some clean bandages for your forehead and some headache pills if you need it.' He explains patiently and for once I've forgotten he's the CEO of this company.

'Y-yes, thank you Mr CEO. I'm sorry to trouble you.'

'Have a good day, Miss Red bean.' I blush at the nickname he gave me. So he knew who I was afterall. 

 

When I get back to the bakery, my mum wasn't pleased with the injury on my forehead. Well, that has to stay for at least a few days. I snicker at the thought of the taller man who has helped me in cleaning my wounds. Or was it someone else?

 

I smile at the message notification at my phone, Sehun is back from his Japan tour and is visiting me at 3am. Wait, what? 3am? While I fumble with my phone to call Sehun, I've an incoming call from him.

'You what? 3am? I need to sleep!' I whine, but the other side of the line was silent. 'Hello?'

'Hello~' He finally said. 'Hello is the way to start a conversation.' He informs and I roll my eyes mentally at him. Always such a meanie. 

'Why 3am? You could come earlier for dinner, my mum would be happy to see you. I need to sleep.'

'I want to, believe me. But my flight touch down during midnight, use your brain will you?' 

'Oh.' I bite my finger and scolded myself mentally for being stupid. 'Okay, text me and I will go down at night.' I inform and he gladly agreed. It has been a tradition for us ever since Sehun went overseas. He will visit me the first thing he returns and I'll be gifted by the things he bought from the country he visited. 

 

That's nice of him, after all I'm his childhood buddy. 

 

While I continue the nonsense conversation with Sehun, Mr CEO enters our shop, looking neat and handsome standing in our shop. His presence doesn't felt realistic until I see a couple of our customers looking and smiling at him. Okay, why is Mr CEO here?

'I'll talk to you later, Sehun. See you soon.' I ended the call as soon as possible and felt myself straightening when Mr CEO takes big strides towards me at the counter. 

 

'Miss Red bean.' He greeted and I'm blushing when the ladies in the shop are focusing their attention at us, I mean at him.

'Suhyun. My name is Suhyun, Mr CEO.' I inform.

'And that's my cue to introduce myself, I'm Kim Jongin. Or Kim Kai, if you prefer.' His small smile is infectious and I could sense myself unconsciously pushing my hair behind my ear. I quickly gather myself and mess up the neat hair I've push back when I realize what I've done. 

 

I'm a relative shy person and I wonder how I'm able to talk so calmy and at ease with Mr CEO. 

'Yes, Mr CEO. I mean, Mr Kim.' He smiles at my new address and I made a mental note to do some research about this man. 'What would you like to buy?' I ask, walking out of the counter and tried to introduce our most expensive cake to him. He's rich, I should try to market something worthy of him. 'Royal Hazelnut mousse?' I tried to sound classy, even I almost laugh out loud.

 

'No, I'm not a cake and pastry person. I'll just have the red bean bread.' He grabs a few packed red bean bread and placed it on the counter.

 

'Oh my, what a handsome young man. Is he your boyfriend, Suhyun?' The ahjumma from the dry cleaning store next door asked and I quickly shake my head.

'Ahjumma, Mr Kim is the boss of the big corporation a few blocks away.' I informed and that got her smile to become wider as she continues to scan Mr Kim from head to toe. 'I'm sorry.' I mouthed as I quickly pack the breads. 

 

'Its okay.' He smiles and passed me a few bills and after a few press on the cash register, I return him his change. 'By the way, is this feeling better?' He asks and pointed to his head. 

'This?' I pointed and I felt the cotton bandage. 'Yes, it hurt less now.'

'Great.' He smiles and walk out to his car outside. 

 

'Its a great day to see such a handsome young man.' The ahjumma complimented and she has no idea how much I agree with her.

 

--

Night came and I slept early to make up for my minimum 8 hours sleep before Sehun reaching at 3 am. He never felt tired when he visits me in the early morning. I wonder why is he so energetic.

 

His message came spot on at 2.59 am and I quickly jog down the stairs from my house to the store. My mum and I live at level 2 of the building while level 1 is our small bakery shop.

 

'Hello!' Sehun removes his hood and started dancing happily when he spots me. 'Hey there.' He hugs me and left a small kiss on my forehead when I opened the door. He's getting touchy in the recent visits and I wonder if he's even crushing on me.

'No kissing.' I frown when he finally pulls away after squishing me. 'Go get a real girlfriend and kiss all you want.' 

'Well, you'll have to be my practice partner.' He informs and I grimaced at him.

'In your dreams.' He laughs and settle at one of the empty table and a huge paper bag is placed on the table. 'Where is your manager?' I asked and return with a pipping hot kimchi fried rice and a sunny fried egg.

 

'Wow. This looks good.' He starts with the egg yolk and moans in satisfaction. 'I've sent him back. Baekhyun hyung and Chanyeol hyung are all at home. Thanks.' He inform and eagerly drowns the chocolate milk tea I've bought in the evening.

 

'What happen to your forehead?' He asks and I briefly explain as a small accident. 'I'm flying again tomorrow. This time to China for a variety show.' He said with his mouth full of food and urged me to look at the things he bought. 

'Well, you probably should let me take a few Polaroid photos of you so I can sell and earn some extra cash. The milk teas I've treated you cost a fortunate! Why must you be so fussy and only drinks from the most expensive shop? Don't you get fat?' 

'I'm blessed with it. I know you're jealous.' He wiggles his fingers at me. 'Many girls are vying to see me, be lucky you got the best ticket.'

'Like I care.' I made a funny face and I laugh when I see the famous banana cake. 

 

Sehun's manager returns at around 5am and I started to worry for his health when he had to leave so soon. 'You shouldn't have come if your schedule is so chaotic.' I scolded but he simply shrugs, making no comments.

'I'll be back in 2 days for the various gayo daejun performance, I'll bring back something from China too.' He informs and I return with a knowing smile. He treats me like his little sister and I'm grateful for it. I'm the only child at home and with Sehun around, I don't envy other kids with oppa or noona. 

 

'Lose some weight, Suhyun. Did you grew fatter?' He asks and pinch both my cheeks as hard as he could.

'Hey.' I frown and pinch his when he refused to let go.

'Ouch!' He whines and finally let go. 'Take care and stop hurting yourself.' He push my forehead and went off before I could react. 

 

 

Well, that was fast. I went back to my bed after clearing the plates and mess. 

 

 

 

Yay, first chapter is up ((: