The Fate of Samgyetang

Boy with The Guitar in His Hand
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Shinhye's mother feel curious about who is the person who came just now.

"Shinhye who was there?"

Shinhye closed the door when her eomma yelled to her. She giggled and Her cheek still blushed.

"Noona, eomma asked you who was there", Jungshin told to shinhye, still watching the TV.

 

She still giggled and responsed her mother shyly.

"It's Johnny… who moved nextdoor and knocked our front door just like in my dream", she can't stop to giggle whenever she thought about that cute-living next door-boy.

"Aish this kid..", her mother shook her head. She doesn't know how to wake her daughter from her daydreaming.

 

"Aigoo noona, now is 2000's era , there's no boy who known as Johnny Marr just like in 80s. Moreover, We live in Seoul. Nobody will look like Johnny Marr.", Jungshin talk to Shinhye wisely like He is the only adult who live in the house.

"No, no, He's not Johnny Marr. He is Johnny," she said seriously but Jungshin suddenly cut her words,

"Whatever, better not to talk.", he turned off the TV and walked to upstairs pretend to be cool. But He sudden giggle after seeing Shinhye's expression when responsed his utterance before.

"Ya Jungshin!!!", she's about to throw her slipper and Jungshin run to upper floor quickly.

* * *

 

It's already night in Seoul. Jonghyun is organizing his guitars on his house. Since he has many guitar collection which he brought from US, he must place those guitars on the right place. So it's not making any mess.  Inside his bedroom which is standing beside the bed, beside the sofa on the living room, next to TV, flying on the wall near the stairs, He placed the guitar everywhere that compatible inside the house. So if you visit his house, it's like the gallery of guitars, more like museum of guitars. This is how Jonghyun made his house become a comfortable place for him. After organize the guitars, he took one of his guitars and played it on the kitchen to accompany his mother cooking for the dinner. He sits on the chair beside the dinning table.

 

"Jonghyun..", his mom called his name suddenly.

"yes mom?"

"Are you sure you want to look for job here?", his mom asked him seriously.

Jonghyun stop playing guitar and take a look to his mother.

 

"why mom?"

"Aniyo, If you are not sure to look for a job here, we can go back to US. I still have my saving to buy the flight ticket.", his mother talked seriously to him.

 

Since he was a kid, Jonghyun moved to US and lived there with his little family. So he is more familiar with western culture and the people there than in Korea. It's been a long time he had never going to Korea. And after He graduated from college, he decided to move to Korea with his mom. He has his own reason why he decided to move and get a job here. But he never tell about it to everyone, even his mother. So that's why his mother keep asking him about his decision to get a job here even after they moved to Seoul. She worried about his son decision.

 

"Gwenchanayo eomma, you don't have to waste your money to buy another flight ticket.", he smiled to her with the  soothing gaze. His mother just smile and carresing his hair softly.

 

"Ah, it's looked like the samgyetang is cooked", Jonghyun's mother turn off the stove immediately.

"Wow, it's been a long time I didn't eat your samgyetang mom. I forgot when was the last I eat it, haha", he talked to his mother happily.

"Well, I remember when … ", her mother suddenly fell silent. She remembered when Jonghyun got high fever three years ago and she cooked samgyetang for him. That was a bad year for him.

 

"Why do you keep silent mom? What do you remember?", Jonghyun asked curiously.

His mom smiled at him and answer his curiousity.

"Well, I remember when you were 3, you ate samgyetang for the first time and you were crying because you felt your tongue was about to burn with the hot samgyetang.", she decided not to remind him about the last time he ate samgyetang.

 

Jonghyun laughed while listening to his mother answer.

"You have a strong brain to remember anything mom, even you still remember when the first time I ate samgyetang."

"You must be proud to have a mother like me, right?", his mother while pouring the Samgyetang to the bowl and food container.

"Of course, you are so daebak mom!", he gave a thumb up for his mom.

 

Then his mother covered the food container with a fabric and gave it to Jonghyun. She told Jonghyun to give the samgyetang to Shinhye since she helped Jonghyun to let the guitars being placed in front of her house for a while.

"Hurry up, give it to her before she has dinner", his mother talked to him.

 

Jonghyun walked to Shinhye's house next door. Then he knocked Shinhye's front door.

"knock, knock"

 

Shinhye's mother is preparing for dinner when Jonghyun knock the door.

"Who's there?"

"It's Johnny", Jonghyun answer it with half yelled.

 

'Johnny? Who's Johnny?'

Shinhye's mother murmured  after listen to  Jonghyun's answer. She walked quickly to open the door. When she opened the door she saw Jonghyun in front of him.

 

"Ah, Anyeonghaseyo Ahjumma! Jonghyun ibnida!", he bowed to Shinhye's mother.

"Anyeonghaseyo my son, but you said that you are Johnny before, am I wrong?"

"Sorry, I thought that Shinhye would open the door since we met this afternoon and let me placed my guitars in front of this house for a while. My english name is Johnny and I just move from US to next door, Ahjumma." Jonghyun told her and smiled.

"Oh arasseo, so you are somewhat Johnny Marr who will live next door for further?, Shinhye's mother smiled at him, remembered what shinhye talked about this morning.

"Sorry? Johnny Marr? A-aniyo haha, by the way How do you know him?", Jonghyun felt surprise with this ahjumma's words,

"Well Shinhye talked about meeting Johnny Marr in front of the door in her dream this morning and after that she met you this afternoon who knocked this front door just like him. She felt so happy this afternoon."

 

Jonghyun smiled with his dimples are about to appear clearly.

"Aigoo your dimples, even you are cuter than that ahjussi whom Shinhye really like so much.", shinhye's mother told him and feels about to eat him up. She just carresed his arms softly  which is covered by plaid shirt.

 

Jonghyun smiled widely and responsed her utterance.

"I'm guitarist and I like him too ahjumma. Anyway, I deliver the samgyetang for shinhye and you from my mom. Since now is summer. It's good for the family to eat it. Thank you for helping us in our first day in Seoul." he gave the samgyetang and bowed to her again..

 

"Aigoo my son, you are so polite. Tell your mother, I'm so grateful with it. Kamsahamnida!"

"Ne Ahjumma, cheonmanha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter