Meeting Place

Boy with The Guitar in His Hand
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Song References:

The Smiths - Heaven Knows I'm Miserable Now

The Beatles - Blackbird

Johnny Marr -  Word Starts Attack

The Last Shadow Puppets - Meeting Place

(Note: Alex Turner (left) and Miles Kane (right))

 

 

Not like any other day, Shinhye woke up earlier today.You know, what time did she wake up? 

She woke up at 7 in the morning!

Of course, it was amazing thing to know Shinhye woke up in the morning. She usually wake up late when it comes to weekend. But these  weekend is just special weekend for her. Yesterday, she woke up because she got dream about Johnny Marr. And Today, well, you know about it. The Somewhat-Johnny Marr is living next door since yesterday!

 

"This is the best weekend I've ever felt!", she woke up happily after listening Jonghyun played some The Smiths riff with his electric guitar next door.

Jonghyun got his room on the upper floor, same floor with Shinhye. Their room-windows are face to face each other. So when Shinhye opened her window she could see Jonghyun sat on his bed while playing guitar.

 

"Well, it seems that his guitar playing will be my alarm for further", she giggled when thinking about Jonghyun will playing guitar to wake her up on the next morning. Then She reached her alarm clock on the wooden-table beside her bed.

 

"bye bye, my miserable alarm! Heaven knows I'm not  miserable now", she threw her alarm clock to the dustbin beside her desk without any regret. She completely doesn't care about it as she reached her bathrobe and going to the bathroom for taking bath.  After done for taking bath, she went down the stairs and helping her mother to cook and making the breakfast.

 

"Shinnie-ya, I make tuna sandwich for your breakfast! And here is your milk.", she placed the sandwich and a glass of milk on the dinnin table.

 

Jungshin walked down the stairs as he still dried his wet hair with towel. He felt surprise seeing what shinhye did just now.

 

"Whoa noona, what's wrong with you this morning?", he looked confuse.

"Aniyo, I just want to help eomma this morning", she responsed Jungshin's confuseness. But Jungshin still feel surprise.

"But you never as sweet as it to me before", Jungshin looked his sandwich and take a gulp.

"Ya! Just eat your breakfast!", shinhye talked to Jungshin as she washed the dishes on the kitchen.

"Ne, Ara, ara..", Jungshin then ate his sandwich and have a seat.

 

After helping her mother, Shinhye went outside her house. Of course, she want to take her chance to meet Jonghyun this morning. And Yeah, she saw Jonghyun was watering the flowers on his house-garden. Then she greeted Jonghyun. Knowing Shinhye greeted to him, Jonghyun gave a smile to Shinhye as a response and talk to her.

 

"Annyeong Shinhye, seems today will be sunny all day, isn't it?"

"Yes, it is. You know, It's a little bit rare view to see a man watering the flowers in the morning".

 

Heard what Shinhye said just know, He suddenly laughed.

 

"Well, I have done it for past three years to help my mom. But I can't endure that I love flowers too.", Jonghyun smiled and still watering the flowers.

 

"Ah, Johnny is a kkotboda namja (flower boy)!", shinhye giggled to Jonghyun.

"Me?", Jonghyun took a look at Shinhye in awkward face.

"Yes you are", She smiled to this cute-flower boy, then continue to say,

 

"I love flowers too. For me, flowers are very beautiful things. Very nice and innocent thing. They don't harm anybody, they don't burp, they don't do anything ugly..."

 

Suddenly Jonghyun stopped watering after hearing what Shinhye said just now. He took a look onto the flowers that he watered. His mind started to travelling the past times. A few years ago, with the same situation in a garden. On his old-house garden, exactly.

 

Flashback

 

"Oppa, you are the only boy I've ever seen to like flowers so much.", a cute-girl said to him as she touched the wet flowers in front of her. Her face is beautiful, even more beautiful than the flowers.

"So?", Jonghyun asked her still watering the flowers.

"It's just such a cute-thing to see you like this. I'm just curious, Why do you like flowers, oppa?"

 

Jonghyun took a look to this cute-girl. He gave a soothing gaze and smiled, of course with his dimples appeared clearly.

He carresed her long brown hair which fell perfectly on her shoulder.

 

"You know,  flowers are very beautiful things. Very nice and innocent thing. They don't harm anybody, they don't burp, they don't do anything ugly..", he said to the girl. Then continued to say,

 

"so why not? It's better than watering the socks"

 

That beautiful girl laughed hearing what Jonghyun said at the end. Jonghyun also laughed by seeing her. Those cute laughs made Jonghyun missed the girl so much. He just realized that it already happened a few years ago. Well, time goes by and bringing him to this time. Different time, with the same situation.

Jonghyun gave his best smile to Shinhye. He took one of the flowers and slipped it upon her ear. This Jonghyun sudden-action made shinhye blushed and shy. She even can't see Jonghyun's eyes this time. But she tried to look at Jonghyun and Jonghyun talked to her.

 

"Yeah, that's right.."

 

* * *

 

(watching a video from cctv)

 

"That was me who played guitar there!", Yonghwa pointed his finger to the TV. Then He continued to talk,

"Then you left me for a while and… fast forward hong!", he commanded Hongki to do what he ask and Hongki did it.

"Stop! Stop! Wait, you talked to a girl and then… rewind again!", Yonghwa asked Hongki again. Hongki started to feel bored.

"Ya stop! There's a girl coming to this store and… she's coming to me?", he said to hongki and feeling confuse.

"Well, she is my friend. She said you just ignored her and kept playing guitar when she asked about me, you see right?", Hongki pointed his finger to Yonghwa image on TV.

"Don't be too arrogant", Hongki continued to talk. Yonghwa just smirked hearing what Hongki said to him.

"unimportant girl..", Yonghwa murmured.

"You were too arrogant dude!", Hongki talked to Yonghwa.

"Well, just stay focus on the TV!", Yonghwa tried to distract their talk.

"By the way, what did she does on you store?", Yonghwa asked Hongki about the girl.

"She bought guitar strings from me.", Hongki answered.

 

Yonghwa still stayed focus on the TV. He watched a girl had a talk with Hongki for a while and then she left the store while Yonghwa was playing guitar at the time. Suddenly he saw the girl stopped her steps before she reached the store front door.

 

"Wait, what did she does?" Yonghwa pointed his finger to the TV. He watched the video seriously and carefully. Then he saw the girl bowed her body to take something on the floor. Yonghwa tried to zoom out the video. But quality of the video is not so good, so he couldn't see what the girl took from the floor.

 

"I want to meet this girl", He said to Hongki as he pointed his finger to the girl image on the TV.

"Are you sure?!", Hongki asked Yonghwa seriously.

"I'm sure she is the one who stole my pick", Yonghwa said to Hongki as He is facing him.

"No, no, I think she's not. She even can't play guitar", Hongki tried to prevent Yonghwa to do more.

"Ya! I want to meet her to make sure she stole my pick or not!"

"But…"

"Wae?!  Is she your girlfriend?", Yonghwa asked Hongki in a high tone.

"Aniii…"

"So just tell her I want to meet her now! I want my pick back! And the game will be over!", Yonghwa said to Hongki seriously.

"Jinjja?? And you will not ask me to search for your pick again after it??", Hongki responsed excitely. He's already tired to  search for that stupid pick. How can the arrogant Yonghwa turned to be freaky because of a guitar pick.

"Yeah, If she's the one who stole my pick…"

"Okay! Today I will open for the jamming session and invite her to come here.", Hongki went out from the monitoring room and left Yonghwa alone.

 

Yonghwa saw the girl on the TV. He looked to her seriously. As he looked to the TV, he played his fingers and knocked the table.

 

"Who are you.. Huh", He gave a dead glare to the girl image on the TV.

 

As Hongki will opened his store, Yonghwa helped him to tidy up the store and placed the things on the appropriate place. Then after it's done, Hongki reversed the sign on the store door from 'Closed' to 'Open'. He also hang a black board in front of the store which is written 'Jamming Session: Artist Jung Yong-hwa at 3pm 'til over'. Like usual, Yonghwa took a guitar and sat on a chair to play some riffs. Suddenly there's a y girl coming to the store and greet Hongki. She wore a a shirt that exposed her cleavage and hot pants who made the boys couldn't stop to whistling to her. As she looked to Yonghwa who still playing guitar, she grinned seductively and come nearer to him.

 

"Well, play me an english song, do you?", she talked to Yonghwa ily.

Hearing what she said, Yonghwa take a look to the girl and gave her a smirk.

"then you wanna sleep with me tonight?", he smirked to the girl.

"As you want…", the girl responsed seductively.

Then Yonghwa come closer to the girl and reached her ear as he whispered something to her.

"Don't dream too much."

 

Yonghwa left her while holding a guitar, moved to other side of the store. And The y-girl felt so upset as she stomped the ground with her feet, showing her ugly face. This y girl named Shin Hyejeong. She was Yonghwa's Junior on highschool. Well, Yonghwa always got girls surrounding him but they never ended up to be his girlfriend and Hyejeong still chased him until now, but never got any chance to be closer to him.

 

"Yong, just give her a chance for one night-stand, it's been long time you don't sleep with a girl, right?", Hongki just grinned  and said to Yonghwa as he look to Hyejeong.

"How much she paid you to say like that huh?"

"No, I just take a pity to her since she always chased you from highschool", hearing what Hongki said, Yonghwa just give him a bitter smile.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter