Broken Arrow

Boy with The Guitar in His Hand
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Song References:

Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds - (Stranded On) The Wrong Beach

The - Taken For A Fool

The Smiths - What Difference Does It Make

The Stone Roses - Waterfall

The Smiths - Nowhere Fast

CNBLUE - Stay Sober

Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds - AKA... Broken Arrow

 

 

People, walking on the side of the road, across the zebra cross while the cars stopped for the red-light.

People, on the subway, sitting side to side, listening to music through cellphone, have a day-dream, standing and seeing other people from the window.

People, chatting on the coffee shop, talking about their own business.

 

And all the people, have their own business, and one of them is sitting on a coffee shop, mind his own business with a cup of his favorite coffee, Americano.

 

He chosed to sit here while all of his classmates are sitting in the class, listening to a lecture. His rolex told him that one hour has passed without any idea how to make his life better.

 

Flashback

 

An hour before..

 

"...Jonghoon hyung asked me to join his band, what do you think?"

 

Yonghwa fell silent, he threw his face to the window beside him for a while then continue to talk,

 

"...I already know that.", he sipped his coffee, felt the bitter-taste with his tongue.

"Ah.. So, what do you think?"

"I ask you back, so what do you think?"

 

"I'm okay with it.. We don't have any future without Taehyun.", Junghwan said to the point.

"(smirk) The future is set, you can't change it. I already know my future, and when you are out is my future.", Yonghwa didn't want to lose.

"Well, you haven't changed Yong.. Never want to lose..", Junghwan give a smirk.

"You also haven't changed, never think about what you're gonna say. If it's your decision than I can't keep you to stay a bit longer. Hope you are not regret at the end.", Yonghwa responsed arrogantly.

"I won't, they are on the way to sign record."

"Mmm, good start then.."

 

I already know that. If it's not because of Taehyun, maybe I would kick him out since the early days. And now, maybe it's the right time. No one can set my future, my future already in my hands. Just see who will rule the world next.

 

End of Flashback

 

(Background Song : Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds - (Stranded On) The Wrong Beach)

 

Yonghwa doesn't want to lose his time anymore, he stands up from the chair, take his black-leather-jacket, and drink the last shot of the coffee. Then leaving the coffee shop as his first step accompany him to meet the other people who walk around him in this busy world. But he just doesn't care with anything, anyone, except himself.

 

He thought he is a living art in this Un-artistic world.

 

***

 

Not long after that, He is already in Hongki's store.

 

He stands up beside the vinyl's gallery, move his hands, searching for some interesting records. Sometimes take a look in one record, before place it again in its place. On and on.

And there is Hongki beside him, like a talkative mom, asking many questions to Yonghwa.

 

"So, there's no longer The Fools?", Hongki asked Yonghwa in disbelief.

"How many times I've told you, They are leaving me! Taehyun become a father, Junghwan's going with Jonghoon, and Youngji already sold his drum to buy a scooter.. ", Yonghwa doesn't want to be worried about that. But, the more Hongki asked him about that the more he start to frustrate.

 

"Hey, don't you know, everybody started to know you and The Fools, and now you are disbanded? Can't you just asked Taehyun and Youngji to play again? Many years have passed for you all to be known,"

"It's not that easy, Hong! I will never ask them again! I respect Taehyun's decision for his baby, I want Junghwan to leave since long time, and Youngji, yeah, I asked him not to leave, but he said he doesn't have any interest in music now. The Fools are dead!", Yonghwa talked seriously to Hongki before he placed a record in turntable that he choosed before.

 

The turntable starts to blare.

 

(Playing The - Taken For A Fool)

 

"So what are you gonna do?", Hongki asked Yonghwa.

"Starting from the zero again..", Yonghwa responsed calmly.

"But I don't know with whom I can go through this..", he continued his word.

"...Ah I don't have this, how do you get it Hong?", Yonghwa found an old vinyl that interesting for him

"No no, you can't have it! Shinhye already booked for it!", Hongki yelled to Yonghwa, prevent him to take the vinyl with the title "What Difference Does It Make" with Morrissey hold a glass of milk as the album art.

"Oh, tell her to give my pick first! It's mine!", Yonghwa took the vinyl and save it under his shirt and denim trousers.

"Ya! Jung Yong-Hwa!", Hongki run to chase Yonghwa who run faster than him around the store until he tired.

"I already put the money there, it's officially mine now. Tell her if she wants, give me the pick first!", said Yonghwa who already tired, sitting and leaning to the wall.

"Huft.. Ara, ara!", Hongki responsed to Yonghwa tiredly.

"Geurae, I'm leaving now..", Yonghwa get up and walk leaving the store.

 

"Wait yong!", Hongki yelled to him as he get up from his position.

"Wae?", Yonghwa turned his back again, facing Hongki.

"Why not asked Jonghyun to to form a band?", Hongki is telling Yonghwa what he thinks just now.

Hearing what Hongki said, Yonghwa remembered Jonghyun.

"Jonghyun?"

"Yeah, that Johnny-boy who sang with you, you remember?", said Hongki.

"Oh, I'll think about it..", Yonghwa responsed calmly.

"If you want, I'll company you to his house. He live next to Shinhye."

"Ok, I'll tell you if I'm interesting.. Anyeong..", He bid his good bye to Hongki and leaving the store.

 

Yonghwa is walking on the side of the road, thinking about what Hongki said just now. The words 'Why not asked Jonghyun to form a band?', 'If you want, I'll company you to his house. He live next to Shinhye.' keep playing in his mind. As he think about it, his mind started to think about the girl who stole his pick. He take a look to the vinyl that he hold now.

 

I never meet a girl that freak in music, just like her. She's totally strange.

 

".. A maniac..", Yonghwa murmured something as he thinks about shinhye and smirked while seeing the picture of Morrissey holding a glass of milk.

 

Suddenly,

 

"Ya hyungnim!", someone called Yonghwa from the back. As he heard someone called him, he stopped and turned his body to face him.

"Ah Jungshin.."

The boy who called Yonghwa ran to approach him.

 

They decided to go to a café together, there is something that Jungshin want to talk with Yonghwa.

 

"Hyung, I want to sell this..", Jungshin showed Yonghwa a vinyl that he got from home.

 

Yonghwa take a look to the vinyl, from the cover until he pulled out the purple-colored-record inside to see the condition.

 

"The purple one is rare, right? How do you get it?", Yonghwa asked him as he still take a look to the detail.

"You don't steal it, do you?", asked Yonghwa who saw Jungshinface.

"o..o..of course not, it's my sister collection..", Jungshin said a bit nervous.

"Oh..", Yonghwa responsed easily.

 

"Actually I just bought a smiths vinyl too from Hongki,"

"Please hyung! Help me! I need money to buy a bass!", Jungshin begged to Yonghwa

"Please hyung, please…", He begged for the second time.

 

"Huft.. Geurae..How much is it?"

"₩ 200,000.."

"Ya! Why it's so expensive?!"

"I'm lack of 200,000 to buy it, please hyung..", Jungshin shake Yonghwa's hand with his cute-miserable-face.

"Ara..ara..", He gave up and handed a sum of money from his wallet. He's the type of man who can't see someone begging to him.

 

"(Excited) Jinjja gomawo hyung! Saranghae!You're the one who really love me in this earth ❤", He come nearer to Yonghwa hugged him shamelessly.

"Ya! Ya! Jungshin! Don't hug me! I hate it!", Yonghwa tried to push Jungshin from his body.

"Ah, geurae, but thank you hyung!", he released his hands from Yonghwa and bow his head to him.

"Ne.."

 

"By the way hyung, it's been a long time I don't see your gigs with The Fools since the last in the campus..", Jungshin said to Yonghwa.

"Well, The fools are no longer playing..", Yonghwa responsed calmly.

"Mwo? Do you guys are disbanded?", Jungshin shocked listening what Yonghwa said.

"Yeah, something like that.."

"How can?"

"We already lose our soul in it", Yonghwa just slurped his cold beverage.

"My deep condelence, hyung. If it has its own grave, I will often to visit it.."

"(Smirk) Don't make a joke, you are bad at it..", Yonghwa just smiled hearing what Jungshin said.

"Mianhae hyung, so what's your next plan?"

"Hongki offered me to have a meeting with someone whom I can work with, but I don't know it's a good choice or not."

"is he good?", Jungshin asked Yonghwa curiously.

"I once played with him, he is good I think."

"Then why not work with him? You have any doubt about it?"

"I only met him once and I don't know more about him"

"Then just meet him, maybe he's the one who can be your partner. You won't know until you know him, hyung."

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter