Knock, Knock, I'm Johnny.

Boy with The Guitar in His Hand
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Knock, knock."

 

In this early summer's afternoon. I heard someone knocking on my door. I ran to downstairs. It's only me who stay in home. The knocking sound is sounding again.

 

"Knock, knock."

"Who's there?" I asked him as I ran to open the door immediately.

"Johnny."

 

"Johnny who?", I asked him  again as I open the door.

 

Suddenly I feel the warm wind carressing my body and blow my hair. There is a boy who stood up in front of me. With his bowlcut hair and it's looked like he wear an earring in his left ear. His pure brown eyes shot me through my eyes. He is not tall, but he is taller than me. He's like twenty-something-boy with a cute face and skinny body. His thin lips gives me a sweet smile and say,

 

"Johnny who's about to change your life, my life and the history of pop music."

 

* * *

 

(The alarm suddenly ring)

 

"Ya!! Who set this alarm for this morning!!! I want to sleep peacefuly on the weekend!!"

This girl suddenly wake up because of the alarm sound. Her brother told her with a half screaming to answer it.

 

"You set the alarm by your self because you said you want to wake up early!", her brother appeared shirtless with the towel which is wrapped in his body in front of her room's door.

 

Heard her brother's words makes she keep silent for a while.

"Aish, pabo!", she hits her head to the bed. She open her eyes widely and suddenly realize something.

 

Still wearing the pyjamas and messed hair she ran to downstairs immediately. As she got the front door, she open it and realize there's nothing in front of the door.

"Where is he? Where is he?"

 

She looked everyside of the front door. Close the door, and open again, on and on. But still, there's nothing in front of the door. She completely like a fool this morning. Standing beside the front door, still wearing the pyjamas and messed hair.

 

"Eomma, where is he?"

"Who?!"

"Johnny!"

"There's no boy who named Johnny here!"

"No, he is Johnny! Johnny Marr!!"

"Ya!! stop to think about that ahjussi again!! He is now 50 as old as me!"

"I met him in front of the door just now! And He's 20!"

"Aish , this little punk! Don't tell me you met him 30 years ago! Don't dream too much Shinhye!"

 

Her eomma told her as she chopped something in the kitchen.

 

Huft.. I hope someone who look like Johnny Marr will move next door and appear in my front door saying those things someday. I've been dreamed too much these days. Well, could it be happened?

Cut!

Well, since a boy who named Johnny Marr will being talked on this chapter, I will tell you who is he. He was an 80's English guitarist from The most influential british band called The Smiths. Raised in Manchester, he formed a band who known for being the first indie band in England. Many people told his guitar playing was unique on his era. He played what another people can't play it. Since Shinhye knew him from an interview, she fell in love for his smile and his cuteness. How can someone who played guitar on a rock band being so cute like that. Well, maybe it because he was so young when he played guitar for a band. But she just can't accept the fact that Johnny Marr is  as old as her mother now.

Shinhye sit on the chair of the dinning table. She sip her milk, and bite the toasted bread. Still thinking about her dream last night.

 

"Remember noona, it's seoul, not manchester.", her brother smirks at her.

"Better not to talk, jungshin", she said to her brother as she tossed her bread which is full with chocolate spread to her brother's face.

 

"Damn!", Jungshin curse his sister and touch his face which is full with chocolate spread now. 

 

This afternoon, Shinhye remembered her promise to buy the new string for Jungshin's guitar. Since she broke it, she must take responsibility of it. Anyway She always failed to learn how to play guitar. Her brother always got angry everytime she learned with him.

 

'… I said play F not C!... You placed your finger on the wrong fret!.. Don't strum like that! … Why did you throw the pick inside the sound hole?! … Where's my pick?! I said don't eat my pick...'

 

Though she never throw the pick inside the sound hole and never eat his pick, still He got angry with her when it comes to his guitar. And now, the guitar string. Aigoo…

 

At the same time, inside the music store..

 

"Well, how was your life there?", the shop keeper ask a man who stand up in front of the guitars gallery looking for the guitar to play.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter