Nickname "Love"

To Love

After the brief encounter with Jimin's employer, Taehyung made his way back to his house, or rather the house he's staying at. It was just a short bus ride from school which makes it easy for him to come and go. He stood at the front door and used his own key to enter. It still amazes him up to this day how his life took a huge turn the first time he walked into that house, and the first time he saw that person and the nickname he received that day.

 

3 years ago...

 

Being new and unfamiliar to the city, freshmen college student Taehyung decided to turn to his cousin, Jung Hoseok, to help him look for a place to stay in and maybe a place to work, too. At first he thought he can just stay with Hoseok, but when he arrived at his cousin's address, he found out that he's already sharing the apartment with someone else, so he can't stay with him.

 

The older suggested to him to try and apply at his friend's place. Hoseok told him that his friend was looking for someone to live with. Someone who can make him coffee in the morning, cook food during meals, and just be with him inside the huge house. It was perfect for a college student like Taehyung. Not only does he will get a place to stay near his school, the job description seems easy enough to not affect his studies. But of course, his cousin conveniently forgot to tell him that his friend is none other than the famous young author who made himself popular with his debut work. The person who won the rookie award for newcomer authors this year. 

 

"Hyung! Are you sure we can enter the house just like this?" Taehyung nervously asked his cousin who is now walking directly upstairs. They came in through the front door alright, but Hoseok didn't even ring the doorbell or did a few knocks, he just turned the knob and walked straight in.

 

"Jin-hyung won't hear a thing anyway, so it's useless to knock." was the only response he got before his older cousin disappeared in one of the rooms, the room to the farthest right.

 

Still nervous about his meeting with his employer, Taehyung remained standing at the doorway, not even inviting himself to come inside the house.

 

"Hobi! Wait! Let me carry my laptop atleast!"

 

Taehyung brought his eyes to the second floor where the unfamiliar voice came from. A man in white tee and simple jeans was getting dragged out of the room by his cousin. Even from afar, Taehyung can make out dark brown hair over fair skin and noticeable red lips. It wasn't in his nature to take in details over people he just met but there was something about the man that made him do so.

 

His cousin was literally pulling the other man through his shirt who refuses to step out of the room and meet his potential assistant-slash-housekeeper-slash-cook-slash-anything-he-might-need.

 

"Hobi! I know he'll be fine. He's your cousin, right? So let me go back to writing, please." the other man begged as Hoseok continues to drag him out.

 

"Yoongi-hyung already told me that you haven't written a single word since the last book! So just come out for a minute and meet him!"

 

Seemingly finding reason in Hoseok's words, the man referred to as "Jin-hyung" quit the struggle and looked over his shoulder to get a glimpse of Taehyung. Their eyes met and they fixed their stares on each other until the man in Hoseok's grip removed himself from the hold and hurried downstairs to meet Taehyung, not breaking eye contact in the slightest.

 

The man run to his direction and made Taehyung take an unconscious step back only to be frozen in place as the man craddled his face in his hands and stared at him. His stare was piercing as he traced Taehyung's face from the top of his head, down to his eyes, his nose, his cheeks, down to his chin and to his neck. He was close... too close. The tips of their noses almost touching with how close their faces are.

 

"Love!"

 

The man broke into a wide grin before scrambling back upstairs, running past Hoseok who's currently descending the stairs and back to the room where he was dragged out of.

 

Taehyung blinked a few times and let out a breath he didn't know he was holding. What just happened? He felt his face heat up as he remembered how Hoseok's friend checked out his face at an impossibly close distance. He felt even more embarrassed over the fact that he also stared back at him and took note of deep brown eyes, small angular nose, full lips and prominent cheeks... and also how cute he looked when he broke into that smile.

 

He was shaken out of his thoughts when Hoseok dropped both of his hands on Taehyung's shoulders and shook his head at him. The younger didn't get the chance to ask if he did something wrong before the older smiled at him with approval "Tae... You're hired!"

 

"What?!"

 

Even after Hoseok explained to him that Jin has a weird habit of giving people weird nicknames (He said his nickname was Hope and Jin's editor was "Suga" as in sugar.) Taehyung still can't understand how that would mean that he's hired.

 

"Dear cousin, Jin-hyung wouldn't give you a nickname if he doesn't intend to keep you... wait... that came out wrong. Just trust me when I tell you that you're hired. He already rejected a dozen people and he didn't react like that to any of them. Yoongi-hyung's free time is getting eaten by finding a suitable assisstant for Jin-hyung and he's not spending enough time with m-- uhh... Please just believe me."

 

"Why do I get the feeling that you're only pushing this on me for your own reasons?"

 

"Well, that too. But I want both of you in good hands and I know Jin-hyung would treat you well... wait... that came out wrong, again. Anyway, your room is the one at the farthest left. Bye. Yoongi-hyung will have my head if I'm late."

 

Just like that, his cousin was out of the door, leaving him alone there, still confused about everything.