More Than Just Love

To Love

2 years ago

 

His phone gave a series of rings, breaking the calm silence of the morning of their huge home and Taehyung quickly grabbed his phone to answer.

 

"Taehyung! Help me out, please! Jin doesn't want to go to the book signing tomorrow. We already scheduled it and he agreed when I told him about it, but when I called him to remind him that I will pick him up tomorrow... I don't know, he just told me that he didn't want to go."

 

Taehyung can sense the desperation in Yoongi's voice over the phone. At first he was wondering why Jin's editor was calling him through his personal number when he usually call through the home phone, but a quick trip to the living room and he saw that the phone line was cut. As in literally cut... with a pair of scissors still left at the scene of the crime. With that amount of damage, he's sure now that Jin really didn't want to go to the book signing event. Plus, he needs to find the older to scold him about cutting the wire... again.

 

"Did he tell you why he doesn't want to go?" he inquired. He first needs to know what made the author back out from the event before he can think of a plan to convince him.

 

"He's being his weird self again. He was like "This is Seokjin and Jin doesn't want to go to the event." After that, I can't contact him anymore. Did he pull out the telephone connection again?!" Yoongi's exasperated, that much is obvious.

 

"It's cut actually. Anyway, I can't do much, hyung... You know that I... I mean Love doesn't talk. If he's being Seokjin, he won't talk with anyone but Hope, Suga and Love."

 

"Damn it! I hate him when he's being like this! I'm coming over!" 

 

Taehyung heard a silent "I'm going to strangle him." before getting replaced by the beeping sound through the other line. He assumed that Jin's editor is already on his way there, packed with a whole bag of killing intent. After putting his phone back in his pocket, he went ahead to look for Seokjin. It wouldn't hurt to try and convince him before Yoongi manages to get there and knock some sense to the author, literally.

 

A year of living with the young author and he had memorized all his little quirks and the weirdness he always shows. This also made him quite acquainted with the two entirely different characters the older male have.

 

Jin is the author that sits on his chair and types in his laptop and cooks on days when he's not slaving himself away with his stories. He's the man that welcomed the college Taehyung into his home and the one enjoying his morning coffee and meals that the student prepares. He's the author that hit the top of the charts two times in a row in the two years that he became a professional writer. The first being his debut work Dreaming of You and the second one the first book Love at First Sight for the trilogy Falling In Love. He's the kind senior to his cousin Hoseok and the perfect author to the genius young editor Yoongi.

 

Seokjin, on the other hand, is the man that doesn't care about anything else but the three people he acknowledges in his world. He's the man that only has eyes for Love and would give him anything he ever wishes to have, though most of the time it's just him assuming things because Love doesn't speak. He's the friend that only listens to Hope when he decides to do something crazy. He's the headache to the grouchy Suga - as Seokjin calls him - whenever he decides to cancel all of Jin's plans. He may seem like nothing but a pain in the but he's the reason Jin's stories are alive.

 

Hoseok and Yoongi explained to him that it was Jin's little way of escaping reality. A character that can throw away all the worries and just be a brat. Because Jin is perfect. Jin never misses his deadlines, doesn't act spoiled to anyone, obediently attend events, doesn't do anything crazy, and is always the kind and caring man that he is. Seokjin is his way of coping up with that perfect life of his. It might sound a bit crazy but Taehyung had learned to accept it as it is.

 

With a sigh, Taehyung made his way to Jin's office to see if the older is there. He poked his head inside and sure enough, Jin was there, seated on the sofa with his head rested at the back of the chair. He looked really comfortable with his eyes closed and his body sprawled on the softness of the cushion. He looked so peaceful that Taehyung momentarily forgot that he was supposed to be scolding him for cutting the telephone wire.

 

The older sensed his presence, opened his eyes to look at him before smiling with those pretty lips of his. He then tapped the space next to him asking Taehyung to sit down. After occupying the sofa, Jin shifted his position and rested his head against Taehyung's shoulder. He should've known.

 

"Love. How was your day?"

 

Taehyung was wrong. He should've known with how sweet Jin was. It wasn't Jin in the room but Seokjin, and now Seokjin is asking for Love and not Taehyung. He should've seen it coming.

 

He didn't speak. He didn't know when and how it started, or why did he even assume that Love doesn't talk. But every time Seokjin would call for Love, Taehyung would find himself unable to respond right away. Unlike Jin, he can't change into Love in a split second. He needs time. Time to school his features. Time to remind himself that all the sweet gestures wasn't for him. Then, before he knows it, Love became silence.

 

"Love, are you angry at me?"

 

He stayed silent. If it was the usual, he would've already smiled at the older and maybe rest his head on the other's hair. But today, right now, he needs to save Jin from Yoongi's wrath. He might not be able to talk him through it, but maybe if Seokjin feels that Love is sulking... maybe...

 

"Did I do something wrong?"

 

It was a mistake to spare him a glance. Because once he did, he saw Seokjin's pleading eyes and a pout rests on his lips. The older man went to search for his hands and rubbed soothing patterns with his thumb. 

 

"I'm sorry, Love. Is it about the event? If I come, will it make you happy?" Seokjin asked as he continue to caress the younger's hand in his.

 

All Taehyung did was give him a little nod and a little smile. That was all. It wasn't worth the sweet smile Seokjin directed at him, or the way the older gripped his hands, or the relieved sigh that he did, or even the next words that spilled from his lips "Anything for you, Love." It wasn't even for Taehyung. The look, the touch, the words, it wasn't even for him, but he felt his heart slam on his chest. It wasn't for him, especially the next words that Seokjin uttered "I love you, Love." It wasn't for him, and yet, his stupid heart refuses to believe it.

 

"Seokjin! I swear to god I'll steal Love from you if you don't come tomorrow!" came Yoongi's loud voice from downstairs, ultimately making Seokjin stand and walk out of the room to yell back at him.

 

"I'll tell Hope you're cheating on him!"

 

"Why the hell are you bringing Hope in this talk?!"

 

Their bickering was nothing but a distant buzz in Taehyung's ears as he struggled to understand what his stupid heart was trying to tell him. His face felt warm, his hands were shaking and he's pretty damn sure he has no strength to stand up. To make matters worse, he felt Seokjin's hands on his cheeks and the next thing he knew, their foreheads are touching and those deep brown eyes are staring right through him. "Love, are you okay?"

 

If Yoongi didn't come barging in the room a second after that, Taehyung might've uttered a word and broke the spell. Because at that moment, it wasn't Love staring right back at Seokjin.

 

Again, Taehyung heard a beat... followed by another... and another... and another, and he knew, it's his stupid heart that doesn't hear reason.

~*~

 

Present

 

Taehyung wonders if maybe... maybe that was when it all started. Or maybe it was their first meal together. Or maybe the first time Seokjin called him "Love". Or maybe it was the first time Taehyung saw him. Nevertheless, his stupid heart never stopped beating and is still isn't tired of hammering through his chest, completely ignoring his warnings and pleads.

 

--------------------------------------------------

 

Akira: I apologize. I actually forgot about this. I still know the plot and the story and I still have the drafts but it kind of got buried with the rest ^^; Thank you to the reader who left the comment. If it wasn't for you, this story will continue to be forgotten ^^;