Introducing Love

To Love

The house was empty but the sound of someone cooking in the kitchen was enough to tell Taehyung that Jin had crawled out of his room after being copped up in there for so long. The young author is already halfway through the last book of the trilogy he started around the time Taehyung came into the house.

 

He made his way to the kitchen and sure enough, the older is busy making dinner preparations.

 

"Tae, could you set the table please?" he said without looking back.

 

Taehyung allowed himself a few seconds to stare at Jin's back before complying. As he took the plates and utensils out, he wondered for a moment when he started tracing the lines of Jin's back and wishing that the older would follow him with his eyes, like what he does when he's being Seokjin.

 

3 years ago... 

 

It was supposed to be Jin briefing Taehyung about the things he should know but with the author going nowhere away from his worktable, Hoseok ended up the one doing that in his stead. It was a bit funny how his cousin came marching back in the house half an hour after he left, with a pale shorter man behind him. The two men walked straight to the author's room. Curious with what's happening, Taehyung followed them upstairs and reached the room just in time before the shorter man turned heel with a satisfied smile.

 

The pale man patted Hoseok's shoulder and smiled at him before leaving with a skip in his steps. Taehyung saw how his cousin's shoulders slumped in resignation as Hoseok's eyes follow the other man's retreating back out of the room.

 

"I'm only doing this because Yoongi-hyung was too happy that you're writing again, okay?" Hoseok told the man behind the desk who didn't even spare him the glance. 

 

With an exasperated sigh, Hoseok toured him around the house and pointed out all the location of the things that he would need. He also got a clearer explanation of the things he's supposed to do for Jin. His only required work in the house is to prepare the morning coffee and deliver it upstairs when Jin rings the bell, cook breakfast and send it upstairs as well, and leave enough food for lunch and snacks before he goes to the university. After his classes, he would go straight back home and do some cleaning before cooking dinner and bringing it upstairs again if Jin is too occupied in his work to come downstairs to eat on the table. That was pretty much all of it.

 

He did attempt to ask Hoseok further about the nicknames but the older told him that it would be better to ask Jin directly once he finally snaps out of the trance he's currently in with how he's typing like a madman on his laptop.

 

Taehyung spent the first week barely seeing the older male. The author had stayed cooped up in his room, always typing whenever the younger would bring him his morning coffee and his meals. He would sometimes feel like the older was following him with his gaze but every time he will bring his eyes back to look at him, the author's sight is nowhere away from the screen of his laptop.

 

It wasn't until the weekend when Taehyung woke up to the delicious smell of food. He quickly went out of his room and straight to the kitchen. There, he saw broad shoulders and a ball of brown hair with strands that sticks up at odd angles, plus the red apron Taehyung wears every time he's in the kitchen. The other man turned when he felt Taehyung's presence and broke into a wide grin upon seeing the younger. He was told to sit down while the older finishes their breakfast.

 

"I'm sorry for not properly welcoming you." the older starts as he handed Taehyung a cup of coffee. He also settled a plate of pancakes and sausages surprising Taehyung with the author's cooking skills because of the more than simple meal.

 

"You're Hobi's cousin, right? I'm Seokjin, but just call me Jin." 

 

"Taehyung. I'm Kim Taehyung."

 

After a week of being there, cleaning the place and cooking for the young author, it's a bit weird that they only did proper introductions now. Plus, the only time he ever heard Jin talk was that time he called him "Love". That's right. He had to ask him about that. 

 

"I apologize in advance because I might call you "Love" from time to time." Jin beat him to it.

 

"About that..." He was a bit uncertain about where he should start about asking the author about the weird nickname he was given his first three minutes in the house.

 

"I guess you've heard from Hobi that I give people nicknames?" Jin asked as he tries to flatten his hair in a way that made him look like he's a bit self conscious around Taehyung. He found it cute how Jin bows his head and touched the back of his neck as if he was having a difficult time in finding the right words to say, which shouldn't be since... well... he's a writer

 

"He said you call him "Hope" and your editor is "Suga"." Taehyung said in an attempt to help Jin continue with what he was trying to say. He's still finding the older man really cute, but of course he's keeping that to himself.

 

"Yeah... well, I kinda does that when an inspiration strikes and it helps me write. I hope you don't find it troublesome." Jin looked at him with expectant eyes that made Taehyung push all thoughts aside. Suddenly, he wasn't so cute anymore. He forgot to ask why Jin gave him the nickname "Love" or what kind of inspiration did he get when he saw Taehyung or what kind of trouble would come his way because of it. At that time, all he could ever think about was how handsome Jin looked with his bed hair, with his plain white tee, with how restless his hands are that keeps on touching the back of his neck, with the light from the sun seeping through the window curtains.

 

"It's fine." was all he managed to say.

 

"Hello Love, I'm Seokjin."

 

That was when Taehyung saw the change in the older man's eyes, and somehow, he knew that there will always be a difference at how Jin would look at Taehyung, and how Seokjin would look at Love.

 

In a distance, the sound of a beat reached Taehyung's ears, unaware that it was coming from inside him.

 

--------------

 

Akira: I hope the story is getting a bit... clearer? And sorry for having such a confusing start. Again, it's because this is supposed to be a oneshot but yeah things happened and all. Anyway, may I know your thoughts about the story so far? Even though nothing much is happening yet LOL ^^