Two

Whose child?

Taehyung rubbed his eyes frantically as he swore in denials. The very same sentences was repeated over and over again while his hands specifically cold. His breath became heavy and his heart raced in maximum speed. He could feel his legs wobbled when he’s standing however he quickly supported himself, holding a coffee table with his right hand while another trembling holding the letter.

 

“Dear Kim Taehyung,

I’m sure you wouldn’t remember me at this point so telling you who I am is probably not worth it. But, currently I’m at the lowest stage of my life and I don’t want our child to see hideous things at such a tender age. So, I’m begging you, please take care of her while I’m away. You’re the next person that is important to her besides me, her mother.

Yes, Taehyung-ah, this is your child, Kim So hyun who was born less than two years ago.

Please help me, Taehyung-ah”

 

Taehyung gradually plopped to the bare floor. His eyes then fixed at the innocent child who’s staring at him blankly at his face. He studied the child to check whether it’s true she’s belong to him. Not a single feature matched with him, he thought.

“NO!!! IN NO!!! YOU’RE NOT MY CHILD!!! THIS IS WRONGGGGGGGG!” He wailed. “I’M STILL YOUNG, I CANT HAVE A CHILDDDDDDDDD! I HAVE A LIFEEEE! THISSSSS! THIS IS BULLTTT! PLS TELL ME THIS IS A FREAKING JOKE RIGHT?” Taehyung’s being stupid, asking the child.

Sohyun startled a little bit but suddenly, she cackled, reaching her arms forward calling Taehyung “Dada” once again.

Taehyung stunned, “THIS IS NOT FUNNY YOU LITTLE SATAN. YOU’RE NOT MY CHILD” He stood up abruptly and pointed at the child with his index finger.

Sohyun chuckled once again, leaving Taehyung defeated, descending to the ground once again and ended up ACTUALLY crying on the floor reminiscing his unfortunate self.

‘What I’m gonna do…’ he thought in himself.

The next thing he knew, he was laying on the floor unconsciously until the next morning came.

 

 

It was still twelve o’ clock in the afternoon and the last class was finished thirty minutes ago. Jimin decided to rest his mind under a shady tree before the next class began . He brought out his sketch book and utilities and started scribbling random things to occupy his mind. His ears was stuffed with a pair of panda earphones, playing some of his favourite songs. He wanted to draw anything but nothing came up to his mind so he let his eyes searching for a great inspiration throughout the university compound. Sudddenly, his sight caught a beautiful figure standing not too far away from him.

It was a girl but he never seen her before, probably a freshman. She was gathering with her friends, laughing and teasing with each other. ‘She’s really beautiful’ He thought. She had black wavy hair flowing abover her waist, pale skin, cherry lips and her classic monolids eyes, a tradional Korean beauty. He liked when she covered when she’s laughing, showing a sign of modesty and occasionally, she would tugged some escaped strands behind her hair. He could hear his heart pumped swiftly. Automatically, his plump lips curved into a sweet smile.

‘Should I talk to her?’

He shoved everything into his bag and hanged at his back. He stood up and confided a heavy sigh. “Well, here goes nothing”

He made his way to the girl. Every steps he took especially felt heavy as if he was dragging himself. The reducing distances suddenly became a thousand mile.

He make an abrupt stop.

“I cant do this” He turned around but unable to move away. So, he turned back. The girl was still there.

He clenched his fist and bit his bottom lip determinedly. So he arranged his steps forward again.

Suddenly, his bag was tugged by someone, making he flinched back.

“Where are you going, midget?” A husky voice startled him. He looked back only to find out that Mino was still grabbing  his bag and wore his majestic  grin.

Song Mino was a part of the university’s rugby team aka WINNER and they were extremely popular due to their good looks and of course, their amazing achievements . They were the university’s precious jewels and almost everyone looked up to them, seeking their attention by being their friends or whatever, not that Jimin care. `Their leader is Song Mino and he could be said the most popular among them due to his bad boy appearance and smooth personality.  Song Mino really like to pick up on him. All of this started when Jimin accidently poured his banana milk onto Mino’s  expensive leather jacket and Jimin was still in his freshman year at the time. Eventually, he was able to paid that leather jacket back but Mino still bothering him.

Behind him, he could see the rest of Winner gagging and encouraging him,

 “What do you want, Mino?” He sighed.

“Hey, I’m your senior, learn some respect”

“Yes, Sunbae?” He toned down. His body became week.

“Hey! Stop bothering him!” Someone shouted.

“Who the are you?” said Mino with his annoyed voice.

“I’m Sehun. Jimin’s cousin. You got problem with him means you got problem with me, So what’s up?” Sehun crossed his hands and gazed into Mino’s soul.

“Pffft, whatever” Mino let go of Jimin’s bag and looked at him “See ya later, midget” He winked.

Ew.

As soon as Mino disappeared for their sight, Sehun neared Jimin and held his shoulder searching his body for some hints of wounds or cuts. Obviously, his favourite cousin worried about him. Aww.

“I’m okay, Sehun” Jimin flashed his convincing smile. “Thank you so much”

“What are you doing bro? I told you to wait in front of the entrance door so we could go grabbing lunch together, bro” Sehun pulled Jimin ears, making him squeaked. “Ouchhhhhhhhhhh, it’s hurt mannnn! I’m sorry I forgot okay?!”

Sehun chuckled, “Serve you right”

Jimin chuckled  as well but suddenly he remembered something. He averted his eyes to a certain direction.

He sighed in disappointment, ‘She’s gone’

 

It’s the last class of the day and Jimin cant wait to go back home, diving himself into his cozy bed. Since he got off from his part-time job today, he decided to rest his sore body for the rest of the day.      He tried to pry his eyelids open while he jotted down notes for his references. The lectures was boring as hell but he need to concentrate as the next quizzes began next week.

“So, for the next quiz, I’ll be putting questions from chapter 3 to chapter 5, so be sure you study well kids” He adviced.

The whole class was filled with groans and complaints because those three chapters were the worst of them all. Their lecturer never gave them easy questions.

“Ya all should study hard and be like Jimin”

Jimin’s constantly being  the teacher’s favourite when it comes to academics because he scored fabulously. His last exam managed to d 3.7 pointer, enthroning himself in the dean list.

To be honest, he actually never had a solid dream in anything but he was so sure about something.

He really loved art.

After KSAT, he tried convincing his mother to let him take art major but his mother persuaded him to take Architecture instead because she said Architecture is more prominent job in modern era and he shouldn’t waste his intelligence in useless major. He honestly admitted, he kinda offended.

So at the end, he took Architecture as his major although he didn’t want to. But along the way, his interest in Architecure gradually perked as he found it not so bad. He dreamt to build his building which different from others.

He still couldn’t get over his interest so he got a part-time job in an art class near his apartment to attend his art desires. It was so much fun because he get to taught little children to draw or doodles. And oh, he loves children so much!

As he engulfing in his own thoughts, the lectures finally ended today’s lessons and immediately stormed out from the room. He started packing his things inside his bag.

“Wait, what is this?” he found something unsual in his bag. It was a form of letter and a pink love sticker on it.

He cringed but opened it anyway.

 

“Park Jimin-ah,

Leo Buscaglia once said, love is life. And if you miss love, you miss life.

But, I miss you.

You are my love. You are my life.

: ) “

 

WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT.

He wrinkled his nose in disgust. What the actual fudge with this cheesy letter. He scanned the letter meticulously. No sign of the sender.

Along with the letter, comes a rose. “Since when these things get in here?”

Wait. There’s someone have a crush on him?

He looked around the class, finding the possible culprit but it’s kinda impossible for him because most of the student had gotten out of the class.

He decided to wave it off first and think about it later as he shoved the rest of his things inside his bag. He texted Sehun that he’s going home.

 

JimblesJamfull: Sehunnie, I’m going home.

Sehet94: Ohorat, be careful! I have dance practices today, so I wont able to walk with you  *frown*

JimblesJamfull: It’s okay, Sehunnie. We could do that tomorrow. You too don’t work too hard yourself, okay? *smile*

Sehet94: Okay, Shorty! *wink wink*

JimblesJamfull: What shorty?!   *angry*

Sehet94: I mean, JIMINNIE, hehehe.

JimblesJamfull: Sounds right.

 

 

Jimin stepped out of the public bus and walked home leisurely which only a block away. It was such a calm and hollow night since the neighbourhood was slightly dingy, so he enjoyed as much as possible. Tonight, there’s less people on the sidewalk. A couple managed to catch Jimin’s attention as they passed him. The boy wrapped his arms around the girl’s shoulder, whispering something to the girls ear. His thought suddenly brought him back to the beautiful girl earlier. He’s  extremely disappointed and wish he could meet her once again.If only Mino didn’t him earlier, he annoyed.

He finally reached the ground floor of  his building and went to the elevator. He pressed the ‘down’ button. A few minutes later, the door opened and he stepped inside.  The door was about to close when Jimin heard someone shouting “WAIT WAIT!”

Being a thoughtful man he is, he helped by pressing the ‘open’ button till the person came in. Jimin’s mood immediately descended down hill when the  person stepped inside, with a handful of shopping bags in his arms. He moved to the side, keeping the distance between him and that person.

“Thank you, Jimin-ah” Taehyung muttered.

Jimin rolled his eyes, ‘How dare he call me Jimin-ah’

By his peripheral vision, he could see Taehyung slightly struggled keeping the shopping bags in his arm. His face was a mix of worry, scared, confused , rushing , etc. In a nutshell, Taehyung’s not being Taehyung today who’s usually have an amazing level of confidence to Jimin’s dismay and there’s no way he would greet Jimin in such a nice manner.

After the long  wait which seems forever, they both finally reached the 13th floor and Taehyung dashed out as soon as the door open. Jimin slowly  followed from behind. Taehyung struggled again when he searching his keys in the jeans’ pocket while balancing the shopping bags at the same time. He could put them down but his conscience didn’t function that time.

Little did he know that there’s a thing that fall from one of the shopping bags but before he could notice, he already slammed shut the door.

Jimin neared the thing and picked it up.

“a pacifier?”