CH 3

Pure Heart

 

 


 

 

Siwon caressed the smooth pale skin of the man lying next to him. A smile invaded his lips as the brunette turned around just to rest his head on the wide chest. A sighed released; a bit contented but worries can be sensed by Siwon. “Something bothering you?” he asked; full of care.

Yesung shook his head, eyes closing reluctantly. His mind felt heavy, his breath feels ragged. Being with Siwon is nice and comfortable. He likes the serenity the latter has provided and that made his guilt burdening him every second. Siwon is totally clueless of him; all the latter knows is that he is a homeless soul-eater, no more no less. If he is a human, all of this cannot be achieved; Siwon will be able to look through him in a second. This is the only time he is thankful for being a devourers of hearts; as a demon like them does not have a heart to begin with.

“Are you still with your decision? Leeteuk hyung is ready to accept you into the family, everyone else too.” Siwon soothingly breathe into the latter’s hair.

Yesung nodded. “I’m better off alone.” He said.

“I’ve seen you in action and the Kang would be very happy to have you in their group. What if they recruit you?” concern latched into his voice.

Yesung’s eyes twitched at the mention of the Kang. He gulped, a bit frantic but composed himself quite fast. “I will not say yes to them.  Don’t worry.” He looked up, meeting eyes with the royal blue eyes man. Siwon’s demon eyes are royal blue and they always fascinated him. He crawled up, sitting on top of the latter; blanket covering their bottom half. “On the other hand, I’m quite excited.” He said, lowering down giving a light peck onto the latter’s lips.

Siwon smiled; eyes gleamed. He grabbed the latter soft and tight; deepening the kiss. Their body clasped tight together, hands roaming soothingly, gentle and loving. Lips and tongues clashed as Yesung moaned; forgetting the heed of his dilemma for a moment. Even though only for a moment, he wished the time to stop.

 

Donghae parked his car. Getting out of the car, he sighed as the Saturday sunlight pierced his eyes. It is a bit too sunny for a soul-eater and usually they are better off inside the house because of that. He ran lightly into the house just to find Leeteuk drowning in his thought at the couch. He knows that the leader has been in worried sick over these past few days and tonight they are meeting the Park. Donghae knows how much Leeteuk hate those freaking selfish flying souls.

The Park is the vicious souls, the superior and they can live without a body. It is said they has always been living for millions years, seeing the start of the Earth themselves. In other word, they are the leader of all supernatural things; which means they are the leader of the heart devourers too. However, over the century, the Park has never put their hands on anything, just watching by the sideline and being natural. Nevertheless, for Donghae, they are damn selfish, arrogant, weird and scary.

“Are we really going to the Park tonight?” Donghae startled the daydreaming Leeteuk.

“Geez...you shocked me.” Leeteuk heave a sigh. He then nodded and crossed his legs. “I’m seriously not in term with them. Those supercilious jerks.” He cursed.

“Everyone has the same opinion on that.” Donghae agreed. He took a slice of orange served on the table.

“Where’s Kyuhyun by the way? That kid totally sealed his track. I can’t sense him.” Leeteuk nagged.

Donghae scoffed. “With Ryeowook I bet. He left me, skipped the first day at school and yeah maybe he slept at Ryeowook’s yesterday night.” Donghae bit the orange fiercely; remembering Kyuhyun’s harassment towards him.

“I asked him to watch over Ryeowook, not to live with him. Even just now, he came back just to take a quick nap, change and gone out again.” Leeteuk recalled.

“Scold him, hyung! That bastard seriously needs a lesson.”

Leeteuk chuckled. “Let him be. He might have found someone.”

Donghae’s eyes widen. “Kyuhyun?! That idiot?! No way.”

“Why not?”

“That kid doesn’t know the meaning of love, soulmate and whatnot. He will fail badly.” Donghae bad mouthed.

Leeteuk threw the orange skin on his lap; hitting Donghae’s face directly. “He is just being clueless. He is Kyuhyun after all.”

 

Kyuhyun paced in front of the door; to knock it or to not knock it. After yesterday, he told the latter he is going home but he ended up sitting on the bench at Ryeowook’s lawn all night. Of course, he made sure Ryeowook does not know about it. After a quick change of cloth at the mansion, he came back to the house and now hesitated to even entering it. Geez...why am I acting like a school girl in love?!

“Gosh, whatever.” He determined. He looked down as his hand raised to knock the door when at the same time the door opened revealing Ryeowook. Too late to stop his hand, it landed directly on the latter’s forehead.

“Ouch!” Ryeowook rubbed his forehead; looking at Kyuhyun within his fingers. “Seriously, are you getting revenge now?”

Kyuhyun made a poker face. He swiftly put his hand back to his pocket, a bit embarrassed by Ryeowook’s statement. “I’m not. It’s an accident.” He grinned.

Ryeowook glared; feeling annoyed at the grinning face. “What do you want this time? There’s no school today.”

Kyuhyun continued his grin. He looked at Ryeowook’s appearance with a yellow long sleeved t-shirt and dark jeans. He looks good, his mind managed to compliment. “You look decent. Let’s go.” He suddenly pulled Ryeowook by his hand, running lightly out of the house. Ryeowook was taken aback and tried to release his hand but failed. “Kyuhyun! What are you doing?!” he yelled, running together with the latter; forcefully.

Kyuhyun did not answer, instead dragged the smaller one and quickly pushed him into the car. Ryeowook turned frantic and tried to open the door when he noticed that it is in child lock. “Woahh, unbelievable! Kyuhyun! Let me go!” he bellowed loudly inside the car, face fuming. “This is kidnapping! Totally kidnapping!”

Kyuhyun got into the driver seat, quickly buckled the seat belt of Ryeowook’s while the latter frenetically hitting his arms. “What are you doing?! Seriously!” he felt the engine started and hit the soul-eater on his chest; filled with anger. “Are you kidnapping me?!”

Kyuhyun burst out into laugh, one of his hand grabbed the latter’s hitting hand and hold it tight in secured grip. “Kind of. I’m kidnapping you for the rest of the day.” He said with a smiling face.

Ryeowook stopped his antics, sighed furiously as his face scrunched in annoyance. “What for? I’m not in mood to play with you.” He said, looking out of the window; showing some unwillingness. He was even thinking of jumping out of the car but the child lock aggravated him to death.

Kyuhyun knew that the latter is sulking and chuckled. “Do you ever have any though? You are always with your moody menstruation cycle.” He retorted.

 “I’m a man! And do we even know each other that long for you to say anything?” Ryeowook huffed. He looked at Kyuhyun; glared. At this moment, he hates that smiling face so much.

“We have known each other for exactly 63 hours and 47 minutes. Isn’t that quite long already?” Kyuhyun intrigued.

Ryeowook sighed, biting his lip. “Where are we going?”

Kyuhyun glanced at Ryeowook for awhile. He almost laughed at the outing face but hold it in him with his mind completely liking the cute face. “You’ve given up? That’s quite fast, I was hoping for a longer retaliation.” Ryeowook glared more. “We are going to have fun.”

“What fun?”

“A date kinda fun.” Kyuhyun replied nonchalantly.

Ryeowook’s eyes widen. “A date?” he asked in disbelieve.

“Yup, a date.” Kyuhyun nodded. “It has been a century since my last date. It didn’t end up well though.” Kyuhyun grinned, the car turning over a junction.

“Am I replacement?” Ryeowook asked; not so serious.

Kyuhyun shook his head. “It was never a real date. But today is a real one.” His voice sincere and honest.

That proclamation sent Ryeowook into astonishment and made him speechless. His heart skip a beat and he rest himself onto the seat, trying hard to stay calm. He noticed then, that Kyuhyun has been holding his hand for the whole ride. “You can let go of my hand. I can’t jump out of a moving car.” He said, trying hard to cover his nervousness.

Instead of letting go, Ryeowook can feel the grip got tighter. “Just let it be. I like it.” Kyuhyun said, eyes focused on the road.

“But, you have to drive.” Ryeowook gave an excuse.

“I’m good with one hand. I’ve been driving for a long time.”

“But...”

Kyuhyun chuckled; cutting the latter’s excuses. At the corner of his eyes he can see the blushing face. “We even slept together that night. Holding hands is not a big deal right?”

Ryeowook tried to pull his hand away directly; due to the comment. “That is out of my ability to stop you. Not that I was conscious. And we weren’t doing anything, just sleeping.”

Kyuhyun is not giving up. Instead he pulled the latter’s hand towards his chest, forcing Ryeowook to slant closer to him. “Okay, I’m sorry.” He smiled. “Just let me hold your hand, okay?”

Ryeowook stared at the relaxed soul-eater. His heart is doing its frantic dance again as he looked to the clasping hands. His hand is cold...

Still, “Okay...” he mumbled; just enough to make Kyuhyun sighed in content.

 

Ryeowook awed in silence. His mouth gaped open; totally mesmerized by the scenery in front of him. After a two hours journey, Kyuhyun shook him up from his deep slumber inside the car just to reveal to him a very beautiful dawn scenery at the top of Bukhansan mountain. The sun is setting down, hiding nicely behind the sky crappers of the main town. Ryeowook cannot help himself from sighing at the calming picture.

Kyuhyun who is sitting on the car booth however, found another picturesque scenery other than the sunset just next to him. He stared at the outline of the small face belong to Ryeowook, sculpturing every part of the bones structures, the skin, the nice shaped features into his mind. Ryeowook is beautiful, his mind concluded without any objection.

“This is my favourite spot.” Kyuhyun announced; gaining Ryeowook’s attention in second. “From here I watch everything. That town,” he pointed towards the main town, “it used to be so small but now, look how big it turn out to be.”

Ryeowook leaned to the car booth too, feeling thankful towards the latter. “You have seen a lot.”

Kyuhyun nodded. “Every time I feel moody, angry or sad, I’ll come up here. So, I thought maybe it could make you feel a bit better.”

Ryeowook smiled. “It’s beautiful. I like it.” Ryeowook looked at Kyuhyun, giving the latter the most sincere smile. Kyuhyun’s mind stopped for awhile, stumbled by the sudden registered smile on the other’s lips.

“But do you even feel angry sad and all?” Ryeowook’s voice brought him back to the real time.

Kyuhyun chuckled. “Well, we don’t have heart to begin with, but we still have feeling and thought.” He explained.

“Ooooo...” Ryeowook nodded slowly.

“I made a vow here, around a century ago.” Kyuhyun continued.

“What vow?”

“I will show this vista only to the person I fall in love to.”

“Aaaahhhhh...” Ryeowook acknowledging calmly. Nodding several times and stopped abruptly. “What?! The person you fall in love to?!”

“It is as you hear it.” Kyuhyun smiled. “Now, the sun is down. I believed that you are feeling better, let’s go to our dinner date.” Kyuhyun ignored the flabbergasted face of Ryeowook; opening the passenger door. “Would you like a dinner with me?” Kyuhyun gestured Ryeowook to step into the car.

Ryeowook is still in shock, just stared at the latter in disbelieve. Kyuhyun chuckled, finding the situation is quite amusing. He pulled the Ryeowook’s hand, getting him into the car where Ryeowook just followed like a zombie. Getting into the driver seat, he noticed how Ryeowook is following his every single move but he resorted to only smile. The engine started, and upon driving away, Kyuhyun once again holds Ryeowook’s warm hand, his smile getting bigger as Ryeowook did not pull it back.

 

Kyuhyun stopped the car in front of a very exclusive looking restaurant; sending Ryeowook a bit out of place due the situation. He recognized the restaurant; it is called the The Palace where he celebrated his father’s birthday last year. Besides that, Ryeowook looked down to his attire, knowing that he couldn’t enter the place with just a t-shirt and skinny jeans. Kyuhyun started to buckle off the seat belt, moving to Ryeowook’s too when Ryeowook stopped him and sighed. That made Kyuhyun stopped his act abruptly.

“What’s wrong?” he asked, raising an eyebrow.

Ryeowook pointed towards the restaurant. “Are we going in there?”

Kyuhyun nodded. “Yup, I’ve made a reservation. The food is decent. Why?”

Ryeowook huffed. “I’ve been there once and it is a bit strict you know. I can’t get in with these clothes.”

Kyuhyun smiled. “I will solve that. Don’t worry.”

Ryeowook shook his head. “No, I don’t like that restaurant.” Ryeowook looked to his lap; playing with his fingers.

Kyuhyun sighed. “Then where do you like it?” he pinched the latter’s cheek lightly; causing Ryeowook to look up to him.

Ryeowook’s mind wandered for awhile until his lips sculptured a grin. “I’ve always wanted to try something. The street food stall.” He said, cheerfully.

Kyuhyun titled his head to the side, a bit weird off by the sudden suggestion. “The street food?”

Ryeowook nodded. “Let’s go let’s go let’s go! Okay?” he showed a pair of puppy eyes towards the latter causing Kyuhyun to look at him in shock for awhile. “Kyuhyun, let’s go okay? I wanna eat street food. A lot of them!”

Kyuhyun nodded without choice. How can he even decline, when Ryeowook looked at him with those eyes? He shook his head as he started the engine, his mind saying no way in hell he can resist.

 

Ryeowook gulped down his fifth fish cake sticks, his tenth rice cakes and some blood sausages and lastly his fourth flat dumplings. He sighed in content, feeling the new burst of flavour in his mouth. Kyuhyun who is sitting opposite to him and eating his rice; smiled, seeing the unstopping smile and the shining gleam of Ryeowook’s eyes. Ryeowook seems much more comfortable with him, and the latter loosened up a bit.

“Don’t tell me you never eat these?” Kyuhyun predicted. He knows how some rich kid only eat high class steak tenderloin or something like that but Ryeowook doesn’t seem like a typical rich kid.

Ryeowook nodded. “Never. My parents didn’t allow me. They said they are not good.” He said with mouth full of foods.

Kyuhyun sighed in sympathy. “Eat a lot okay? I will buy you everything.”

Ryeowook grinned. “Of course. There’s no one to stop me anymore.” He stuffed his mouth again, just to slow down in a moment as his mind registered his own words. “I’m on my own after all.”

Kyuhyun noticed the change, picking up his chopstick with the blood sausage and offered it to Ryeowook. “I am here, aren’t I?” he said, feeding the latter. “I will stop you when I feel it’s getting dangerous.” He smiled.

Ryeowook felt his heart a bit at ease seeing the smile. Only now he can see the soul-eater clearly. Usually, all he does is looking down, hitting him, scolding him, throwing something and he never takes any consideration to see the latter clearly. At first he saw Kyuhyun; all he remembers is the eyes. The sapphire blue eyes that still remain in his mind but seeing at Kyuhyun now, his eyes are not of that colour. They are light brown, a bit greenish too. Looking at Kyuhyun deep and long, he is once again reminded of Kyuhyun’s words at the mountain. He blushed, but then quickly picking up a glass and gulped the water.

Ryeowook stopped his complicated mind and resorted to a nod. “What is the danger I could get from eating?” he asked; playfully.

Kyuhyun picked up his glass. “Street foods poisoning. Since you are not use to it. Or indigestion.”

Ryeowook patted his tummy. “This over here,” referring to his stomach, “is very strong. I can even digest metal.” He said in cocky voice.

“Don’t be cocky. If you can digest metal, I guess I can swallow the magma.” Kyuhyun retorted.

Ryeowook scoffed. “I thought a soul-eater can do everything.”

“Even we have some limitations.” Kyuhyun replied.

“Can you fly?” Ryeowook asked; acting the flying motion as he says so.

Kyuhyun shook his head. “Apparently, we don’t have wings. But we can move faster than the light.”

Ryeowook awed. “Really?! Then why did you drive?”

Kyuhyun shrugged. “Leeteuk hyung said, we have to fit in. We even make ourselves breathing to fit in with human.”

“What? So you don’t need to breath?” Ryeowook eyes widen.

Kyuhyun nodded. “We are not quite a living thing you know.”

Ryeowook pouted; shaking his head. “How can you say that when you are eating my first street food with me? You are here, visible to me and everyone, I can see you, hear you, and even speak with you, how can you are not living?” Ryeowook gave a long speech. “You are living to me. That’s all that matter, right?”

Kyuhyun stared at Ryeowook long and profound. Ryeowook titled his head to the side, waiting for the response.

“I love you.”

Ryeowook coughed hard, shocked by Kyuhyun sudden confession. He covered his mouth quickly, tapping the table as some of other customers looked at him weirdly. Kyuhyun quickly reached for the water heading over to Ryeowook’s side to rub the latter’s shaking back. Ryeowook gulped down the water abruptly, his face red and his eyes watered with tears from the chocking experience.

“Geez...told you the street foods are dangerous.” Kyuhyun nagged, rubbing the back of Ryeowook soothingly.

Ryeowook is still coughing, lesser than earlier and wiped his eyes. “It’s your fault.” He said, grabbing the glass again. He can still feel his throat sting from previous coughs.

“How is telling the truth is my fault?” Kyuhyun replied, soft and concern; looking directly towards Ryeowook who is staring at him.

With Kyuhyun did not give up from the staring contest, Ryeowook looked away scratching his not so itchy head. Thinking hard, his mind is so freaking complicated right at the moment. He does not know how to coop with this kind of situation, he does not know how should he react and the most important he does not know his troubled feeling.

Kyuhyun however sensed the other’s anxiety and chuckled. “Look, I’m not forcing you or anything. I’m just telling you what I feel. I might lose the chance.” Kyuhyun said with ease.

Ryeowook looked at Kyuhyun; without noticing his hand moved to the latter’s face, caressing the soft cheek. Kyuhyun is cold, the skin is never warm just like a non-living but for Ryeowook, Kyuhyun is alive just like him. Considering the latter’s kind words, Ryeowook smiled. “Give me some time.”

Kyuhyun nodded. “Take as much as you want. I have a lot of time.” Kyuhyun grinned, eyes a bit closed due to the smile.

Ryeowook noticed his hand, quickly pulling it back. Suddenly, he burped in front of Kyuhyun and in a blink of an eye covered his mouth in embarrassment. He looked down, feeling himself getting red in the face; he bets his ears are dead red.

Kyuhyun burst into laugh. “I guess we are done eating.” He said, getting up to pay the foods.

 

Leeteuk and the others scanned the area. The manor is big, almost the same as theirs and he knocked the door. A gust of wind blew behind them, as the trees moves, making some sound from the rustling leaves. The Park is always so damn scary, Leeteuk thought.

The door opened by itself, revealing a long passageway in front of them. Heechul looked at it with a smirk, a bit interested in the horror of it. “This is just like a ghost movie.” He said, chuckling.

Siwon shook his head. “Do they have to live like this?” he said as his hands busy trying to pry off the frightened Donghae that is clinging to him. “Get off me.”

Donghae looked at him, pouting. “Just once, Siwon. Just once in your whole perfect life, protect me.” He pleaded.

Siwon sighed in annoyance.  His shoulder felt heavy and he shifted towards Henry on his left side. “You get off.”

Henry make a sad face, faked a cry. “Protect me too.”

Feeling aggravated, Siwon shook off his hands, shoving the two scaredy-cats away from him. “Both of you are soul-eaters. One of the most feared creature.”

Donghae rubbed his pained arm. “Well, people sometimes do misunderstand.”

“Just get it over and let’s go. Being here too long make me sick.” Leeteuk interrupted.

All of them felt into silence started to walk through the dark hallway. The air is cold and wet, and there is not even one source of light can be found. Luckily, they can see in the dark. Reaching the end of the hallway, they felt a tremendous energy coming from behind the door, just to confirm that those Parks are behind it.

Leeteuk pushed the door, which is swiftly open to reveal some flying souls which they believed to be the Parks’ prisoner. Henry looked at those souls, one of them is flying circling him as he tried to hit it but failed miserably. Donghae took a decision to just look in front, ignoring the taunting souls.

“What are you afraid of? We eat them.” Siwon angered.

“This is different. What we eat is still in their packaging.” Donghae mumbled. Siwon rolled his eyes and sighed, speechless.

In front of them, five seats are empty but Leeteuk knows that they are not that empty. “I have something to ask.” He said, straight to the point.

In a blink of an eye, five of them appeared, all smirking. Heechul looked at each of them in amusement. “Quite a fashion you guys have.” He said, referring to the coloured hairs, the rockers, gothic fashion and one of them even had some kind of I-am-a-princess-of-the-day-for Halloween kinda clothes. And Henry held it in, he really held it in but his laugh burst out, echoing inside the enormous mansion. Donghae joined him in a second while Siwon kept himself composed.

“Is it funny to you?” the girl with the gothic style asked; her voice filled up with venom.

Both of them abruptly stopped quickly again, hiding behind Siwon. “Seriously...” Siwon gritted his teeth.

Heechul smirked. “It is quite amusing.” He said, voice latched with some warning. Leeteuk held his hand; giving him a look to stop.

“Stop Seohyun.” The blue haired said, believed to be the head of the Park. He smiled looking directly towards Leeteuk. “We are trying out our new body.”

“I’m not interested to know.” Leeteuk replied, fast. “I’m here for a reason, Yoohwan.”

“What is it?” the girl in the princess cloth asked.

“You know what it is. You have been watching us.” Leeteuk said.

“Are you Yuri?” Yoohwan asked.

“You asked me to.” Yuri rolled her eyes.

“Oh, I guess I did.” He said, looking at the smirking Jaejoong next to him. “I guess this is about the boy.”

“Just proceed will you? I can’t stand the bad fashion.” Heechul tsked.

“How rude and ignorant.” Yoohwan retorted. “You never change.”

“No freaking way I will change for your amusement.” Heechul deadpanned.

Leeteuk tightened his grip on Heechul. “I need to know it now.” He just wanted everything to end quickly. And it is best not to mess with the Park, every single soul-eater knows that fact.

Yoohwan smirked. “Junsu, proceed.”

The rocker styled man, with thick eyeliner release a sigh as he has to dump his game which is nearing the ninth level.

“Once upon a time, as the world is moving, the galaxies nurtured, the stars are collapsing. Once, the hidden heart awoke, the blood moon have come. All the blood moon requested is one heart as the key, the heart loved by an immortal and that heart may save the world. But, the immortal chose his love and the humanity anguished. All left is us.”

Five of the soul-eaters fell into silence. Eyes blinked.

“Can you tell it in the language that I can understand?” Henry raised his hand suddenly.

Junsu scoffed. “I’m not repeating such a cheesy historic bull.”

“Now you know it, maybe you have to start moving.” Seohyun chuckled. “Your friend is in trouble.” She sang happily resulting to the five immortals to flash out without any trace.

“Gosh, so rude.” Yuri complained.

 

Kyuhyun sighed looking at the quiet road. The road to Ryeowook’s house is always dark and quiet, with just several villas and quite up on the hill. He looked to his side, noticing the dozing off Ryeowook. One of his hands pried off from the steering just for him to reach the jacket on the back seat and tried to cover Ryeowook. He succeeded and looked back to the road just to be shocked by the sudden appearance of a body in front of the car and absolutely he did not manage to stop on time when he hit the body.

The sudden break sent both of them jerked from their seats. Ryeowook woke up abruptly from his sleep; the seat belt saved him from colliding with the dashboard. “Gosh, what happened Kyuhyun?”

Kyuhyun did not answer; instead he just looked at the body lying just 2 meters from the car. Ryeowook looked at the same way and gaped. “Oh my god!” he tried to unbuckle from his seat when Kyuhyun stopped him with a hush.

“Don’t. Don’t move. We have to go.” Kyuhyun said, as he looked around from inside the car.

“What do you mean? He might need help!” Ryeowook retorted; implying to the lying man on the road. “You hit him!”

“There’s too many of them. What are they here for?” Kyuhyun instead questioning himself. Ryeowook ignored him, once again trying to get out of the car. “Don’t move. Stay here.” Kyuhyun stopped him again.

“What is wrong with you? There’s a man over there!” Ryeowook yelled; pointing at the man in the road. However, his eyes widened when the road turned empty, no trace of anyone on the road.

Turning towards Kyuhyun, he then shouted when a face appeared at the window of the driver seat, making him jumped on his seat. Kyuhyun however did not budge; eyes staring right onto the smiling face. Ryeowook looked around just to see some people getting out from the dark, surrounding their car.

“Kyuhyun...” he trailed off in fear.

“Stay inside no matter what happen.” Kyuhyun said, unbuckling his seatbelt.

“Where are you going?” Ryeowook asked; anxious.

Kyuhyun cupped the latter’s face, giving an assurance. “Just stay here and wait for me, okay?” Kyuhyun assured and got off the car, closing the door in an instance and locking it. If it is up to Kyuhyun, he can just go away from here in a flash but Ryeowook would not be able to withstand the speed.

Kyuhyun looked around, seeing around ten soul-eaters surrounding them. He quickly recognized some of them and the one in front of him. “What do you want?”

Yunho snickered, while the others followed him. “Had a fun date?”

“What do you want?” Kyuhyun repeated; unbothered.

“We are wishing for the cutie.” Jessica butted in, sitting on the car booth as she crossed her legs. Winking at Kyuhyun who frowning at her; a bit annoyed by the girly voice.

“Him him him. Kim Ryeowook. He is quite important to me.” Yunho declared.

“Over my dead body.” Kyuhyun said through his gritting teeth; fist clenched tight.

Yunho laughed, tapping the latter in the shoulder. “It will be my pleasure if we can stay intact once we die. You know we are nothing if we die. Nothing.”

“Don’t you dare to touch him.”

“What will you do?” Yunho gave all of his underlings a signal, to get Ryeowook out of the car.

Kyuhyun quickly blazed towards the car door, his hand quickly stopped one of the soul-eaters from even trying. His grip tightened over second, cracking sound can be heard as the latter crouched from the pain. “Arrrrrgggghhh!” he screamed when he was lifted on air by the hand.

“I told you not to touch him.” Kyuhyun’s eyes changed. His sapphire blue shine in the night light as he threw the man away. The others looked at him; a bit terrified.

The hesitation made Changmin came forward, as he started to attack Kyuhyun. Kyuhyun stumbled from the sudden push while the others started to join Changmin in attacking Kyuhyun. Their claws revealed, clashing and Kyuhyun did not care of the need to kill when he pierced one of the soul-eaters’ chest with his claws, sending him to disappear from their sight totally.

“Seriously, you are quite tough.” Changmin said, his stance is defensive. Kyuhyun tsked, not interested to have a decent conversation. Yunho and Jessica came nearer; Kyuhyun can see their revealed claws. From inside the car, Ryeowook cannot even figure out what is happening as all he can see is flashing light, signifying their movements.

“Hold him!” Yunho suddenly ordered, all his underlings dashed towards Kyuhyun. Without any vacillation Kyuhyun able to shoe as many as he could but hissed when one of the claws threaded his back. Ignoring the pain he tried to fight back when two pairs of hand stopped him and locked him from any movement. He struggled out, sending them flying when he dashed towards Yunho directly tackling the latter to the ground. Their fight is intense as Kyuhyun managed to injure the other while he can feel his energy draining. Eating only once a month really is not helping him right now.

“Get the human!” Yunho managed to yell as he clashed with Kyuhyun. Changmin dashed towards the car, looking at the panicking Ryeowook inside the car. He tried to open the door but failed, knowing it is locked. Snickered, he pulled the door open with his strength as Jessica crawled in towards Ryeowook which is now cornering himself inside the car.

Kyuhyun managed to fight off some of the Kang brothers’ underlings, one by one turned to dust by his claws. He is now pinned Yunho to the ground, one hand is pushing the latter’s head as he raised his other hand to finish the latter off.

“Kyuhyun!!!” Ryeowook’s scream stopped him abruptly. He shifted his attention towards the flailing boy in Jessica’s and Changmin’s grip. “Kyuhyun!! Help!”

“Ryeowook!” Kyuhyun is distracted. Taking the chance, Yunho pierced Kyuhyun, right at his stomach. Kyuhyun groaned, Yunho pushed him; harsh and hard, sending him landing right onto the car booth. His body slid down and landed directly onto the ground.

“Kyuhyun!!” Ryeowook screamed, watching in horror towards the lying Kyuhyun. “No! Kyuhyun! Let me go!” Ryeowook’s struggle became much more frantic, tears trickling down his face, worries and fear took over him.

Changmin and Jessica snickered towards the worthless effort and Changmin resorted to pick up the boy onto his shoulder.

Kyuhyun however is still conscious; he knows that his energy is draining fast that he cannot even heal himself at the moment. He groaned, hearing to Ryeowook’s scream. He tried to stand up, ignoring his pained body as he flashed towards Changmin before he was grabbed by the neck, pushing him to just get pinned to the ground. His eyes widened, seeing the one on top of him is none other than Yesung. Kyuhyun felt weird by the latter’s sudden appearance; he cannot sense Yesung at all; guessing that the brunette has covered his presence.

“Yesung, help Ryeowook.” He said in choked voice. But all he can feel is how Yesung’s grip tightened around his neck. “Ye...Yesung...”

Suddenly, Yunho burst into a faked laugh. He neared the struggling Kyuhyun, crouching down as he patted Yesung on his shoulder. “I’m taking your lover boy. Thank you Kyuhyun.” He said sarcastically, gesturing to his underlings to start moving. “Finish him off.” Yunho said, ordering Yesung.

“Kyuhyun!” Ryeowook screamed, sensing himself will be taken away. Their eyes met, Ryeowook felt the anger and desperation in Kyuhyun and he felt useless. He cannot even save himself right at this moment but Kyuhyun is fighting for him, all wounded and damaged.

“Ryeowook!” Upon seeing the disappearing enemies, Kyuhyun struggled, trying to hit Yesung as hard as he could, his claws almost cutting Yesung’s head when Yesung just stop him from anything when he punched Kyuhyun right on the chest, cracking his ribs. “Ryeowook...”

Kyuhyun did not give up; he pulled himself up again, as Ryeowook’s voice fading away from him. He tried to chase after them, but Yesung appeared in front of him again, his arms shoved Kyuhyun by his neck, once again Kyuhyun met the ground.

“Just stop, you don’t even have enough energy to get up.” Yesung’s deep voice sounded near. “Kyuhyun groaned, still trying to get up when a leg pushed him right on his back, pinning him flat onto the ground. “I said, stop.”

“No way. Ryeowook...” Kyuhyun gritted his teeth. “Have to save Ryeowook...”

“You can’t even heal yourself!” Yesung yelled in frustration. He stepped on Kyuhyun a lot harder.

“What do you care?” Kyuhyun hissed, still trying to get up. “You bastard!” he turned around, hitting Yesung’s leg but Yesung’s claws set into his left shoulder, causing a deep shrill from Kyuhyun. “Arrrghh!”

“Stop! I don’t want to kill you.” Yesung whispered; stern and sympathy. “Come and save him when you are ready.” He said, quickly disappeared after giving Kyuhyun his last apologetic look.

Kyuhyun tried to move, but failed miserably, his body didn’t allow him to do so. He felt his energy disappearing, his limitation is nearing. “!” he cursed. “! ! !” his eyes watered, his fists hitting the ground; furious. It was supposed to a happy day for them, for him and Ryeowook but the Kang ruined everything making him feeling weak, useless.

From afar, his brothers are approaching, he sensed them but he couldn’t bother less about it. All he can think of is Ryeowook, his mind ragged with the need to get the latter, Ryeowook’s face flashed in his mind before his eyes fluttered close.

“Kyuhyun!” he can hear Donghae’s voice, but it is too late to reply when his world turned dark.

“Kyuhyun!” Donghae looked at the sprawling body, not moving and damaged. Leeteuk and the others surround the latter, looking around.

“Get him home quickly.” Leeteuk ordered, after a quick look on Kyuhyun’s injuries. His voice latched with worries and anger and Heechul knows it better when the latter’s eyes changed to their crimson red.

“There’s no one here and damn, I don't know where have they gone to . They’ve sealed their tracks.” Heechul said, holding Leeteuk by his arm. “But, I can sense the Kang before we reached here.”

“Damnit! Those bastards!” Leeteuk punched the car, leaving a deep dent. He then remembered something, his mind recognizing the road towards Ryeowook’s house. He knew that Ryeowook was there before they reached the scene, he sensed the latter but now Ryeowook is nowhere to be found. “Ryeowook.”

“He is not here.” Siwon interrupted, picking up Kyuhyun into his arms.

“They took him?!” Henry puzzled.

Donghae turned frantic, looking through the car. “It can’t be! We have to save him!”

“It is useless if we tried to find him now. First we need to treat Kyuhyun.” Heechul retorted, still staring at the furious Leeteuk.

Leeteuk took a deep breath, calming himself down. “Let’s go home. And then, we will decide what we should do about the Kang.” He ordered, replying Heechul’s grip.

His mind is frantic and complicated. Looking at Kyuhyun’s wrecked condition, he cannot get rid of the murderous instinct he has; that instinct that almost killed his own soul mate long time ago.

“Let’s go.” Heechul’s voice whispered near his ear, a soothing hand is rubbing his back.

Leeteuk looked at Heechul, nodded. “Let’s go.”

In that mere time, Leeteuk decided,

This time, you are seriously dead Yunho.

 

 


well, sorry to interrupt but ive got something to ask. anyone here knows shinotenshi? she wrote the dead and the jerk and it is not so cliche. i was supposed to write a fic with her long time ago, but then its kinda postponed. we've got the plot ready but now that i think its good to be published, shes not here anymore. i cant contact her. if anyone knows how to contact her, please help me ~~

as usual, enjoy and thank you for reading, commenting, subscribing and voting <3