[R] Hearts Fly But So Do Fists

Archive || SWEET POTATOES
I reviewed your story in Third's Perspective; I hope you don't mind. Also, I hope that my opinion was enough in the character/ploy/flow section as you wanted. Pick up your review here. Don't forget to credit the shop~! ^^
tumblr_nwicd0u7l41u79fdvo9_1280.jpg
Sweet Potatoes
reviews
SWEET POTATOES are sweet and healthy, so is this...
Reviewed By:
KING_OF_GHOsts
Genre(s):
romance, slow burn, genderbending
Status:
ongoing
Reviewer's Message:
    The story has the right cup of sweetness, comedy and friendship! A story like this rarely exists these days. I am expecting a lot from the style of writing the author has done, as well as the author. I will happily recommend Hearts Fly but so Do Fists to my friends. 
 
Hearts Fly, But so do Fists
By: Chomper

Title [5/5]
    I really find the title funny at first, but not ridiculous. It started making sense when the description was read. It really attracts readers. The title is unique. I never saw a title like yours before.


Description & Foreword [9/10]
    This is already norm knowledge for everyone who is at the field of writing: Descriptions & Forewords purposes are to: 1) Attract readers, 2) Excite readers and 3) Say something about the story; not too much and not too little, just enough.
    Let me say this, Hearts Fly, So Do Fists’ description and foreword are superb! They were really good; they all have the qualities I mentioned earlier. This is the kind of description & foreword I’m looking for! This made me so excited to read the story.
    The only reason why I docked one point was because it is too long. Long descriptions are often skipped by most readers, so yeah.



Plot [15/20]
   I read some stories like this in a different site, but that doesn’t mean the story is THAT cliché. The plot is really good. It has a strong hold on the readers’ interest. 
    To be honest, it is totally impossible these days to make the plot a perfect score. The plot's highest score if improved is maybe 99 out of 100. 
    The plot of the story seems to be a bit common , if that's the term. The plot is commonly used in novels and movies. What I like about the plot though was it gives a different vibe. It pulls the readers' interests.

Flow [14/15]
    The flow is a little sloppy, but it's still natural. The reason why I docked one point is because the flashbacks are misplaced. They should be entered at the right time.

Characterization [14/15]
    The characters? I love them! 
    Characters are the reason why 93% of people read a story. The choices of characters were great! The characters were also elaborated clearly. I like Yongguk’s character. Himchan’s character was a bit of a mystery, because he suddenly turned a bit… confident. Zico’s character could use a few more explaining. It was unclear on how a bully like Zico turned out to be friends with Yongguk, not that I doubt their friendship, I just find it weird. It wasn’t really explained. This is one of the reasons why a point is docked on the flow and the characterization.

Grammar [18/20]

    I docked a point here. Why? I didn’t technically see any grammatical errors, but the story would probably be more understood by other readers if some of the used terms are simpler. Some of the terms were words that I just knew when I started college, and I was really impressed; but reading the story, I know some of the readers might have looked up Google a few times or re-read the words (context clues) for better understanding. Yet overall, the spelling and grammar really amazed me. I understood the story with ease.

    Also, the way of using the period, I think it was overdone. I find it a little disturbing reading the chapters because of many hints and stops. I think it’s better if the sentences were made longer and elaborate it a little more.

Readability [5/5]
    The story’s font is perfect! No squinting was needed.

Personal Enjoyment [12/15]
    The story has the right cup of sweetness, comedy and friendship! A story like this rarely exists these days. I am expecting a lot from the style of writing the author has done, as well as the author. I will happily recommend Hearts Fly but so Do Fists to my friends. 
 

Overall Grade: 92/100
essence © cruxblader themes 2015. all rights reserved.