Soju

Moments

 


Soju

 

 

[ Oppa...are you busy? ]

I sent him a message hopping he wasn't. I sat alone in the small food cart in front of our dorm. My bright red hair hidden under a wig and my eyes hidden by sunglasses. I took another sip of my soju as I waited for his reply. 

[ No, just finished an interview, Im heading home. Why? ] 

[ Oppa, want to have a drink with me? ]

I waited again only this time it felt longer. I was about to send him another when my phone rang. I quickly answered.

" Oppa! hi haha." 

" Hi Ahyoung-ah, your not working tomorrow?"

" No the boss gave us a few days off before we get really busy. The girls left and im all alone." He stayed quiet for a moment.

" where are you?" His voice sounded worried. Funny how I could tell these small differences in his voice.

" Im in a food cart across our dorm. Are you coming?"

" Eung, Im close by, wait for me. Ok?" 

" Im not going anywhere oppa."

" Alright ill be there soon."

He hung up and I took another sip. Feeling lonely once again, being alone made my mind fill up with questions and insecurities. I had recently grown to hate this loneliness and the dark quiet when everyone else slept. The stress of the new album didn't help it either. I finished my glass and waited for Jong. It hadn't even been 10 minutes when he arrived. 

" Ahyoung-ah?"

​" Oppa your here!" He smiled one of my favorite smiles as he sat next to me. 

" Your drinking already?"  

" Just a glass, join me oppa."  Before he could answer the nice cart lady came.

" There is a group of kids coming sweetheart i don't think your wig is enough to fool them like the old men over there." She looked at Jong oppa.

" You should take her somewhere else before you get recognized too." He shook his head in agreement. 

" How much does she owe?"

" Oh don't worry about it, her company, even if its for a little while is enough for me, now go." She pushed us out and, in the confusion of it all I hadn't even noticed Jong oppa was holding my hand as he led the way to his car, until he let go. He helped me in and drove off. We were silent for a while, but it was a comfortable silence.

" You know I missed this oppa." he stopped at the red light and gave me his full attention.

" Driving together like this?"

" Yes...Im sorry to bother you like this oppa."

" You're no bother Ahyoung-ie...Im glad you called me." My heart always skipped a beat when he called my name like that.

" Where are we going oppa?" Not that I really cared as long as I was next to him.

" Somewhere we can both drink without having to worry about being noticed." Soon after we arrived, he parked next to two motorcycles. I recognized one of them. 

" You live here oppa?" 

" Yeah, you don't mind do you? We can find somewhere else to go."

" No this is fine, plus you get to drink without having to worry about driving." His place was nice, surprisingly neat and simple but different. 

" Where is Haerong?" I asked as I took of my wig and shook my hair out.

" Had to take him to my parents, i didn't like leaving him alone." I followed him in to the kitchen as he talked.

" I have no food sorry, last time the guys came over to drink they finished what little I had and only left my fridge full of beer and soju."

" Haha we can always order."

We eventually did and the conversation flowed nicely while we filled our stomach's on chicken and beer and soju. We talked about our schedules and new projects. Eventually running out of trivial things to talk about. I don't know if it was the soju, but I began to talk about what was bothering me.

" Oppa...can I ask you something?"

" Go ahead."

" Oppa how do you keep yourself sane? living alone and working as hard as you do? The girls haven't even been gone a day and i already feel so overwhelmed. " He stared at me with those eyes of his that just seemed to see right through me.

" I talk to the guys or occasionally Haerong...Ahyoung-ie don't you talk with your members?."

" No, i mean, I did but recently I don't want to bother them. They are as stressed and busy as I am and I don't want to worry them." He tenderly took my hand in his.

" Talk to me then, I did promise your parents I would take care of you."

" Oppa that was on the show, I don't expect you to..."

" Stop, I did say it on the show, but I meant it. Im glad you trust me enough to call me when your having a hard time." I didn't know how to respond. 

" Thank you oppa, somehow you still ended up taking care of me, sorry."

" I don't mind...can I ask you something?"

" Yes."

" Do you think I only took care of you because of the show?" The way he was looking at me was giving me crazy butterflies. I thought about it for a little before answering.

" No, your "Hong my way" If you don't want to do it you don't." He smiled at my answer, touching my cheek with his free hand.

" How do you do it Ahyoung-ie?'

" Do what?" I could barely manage to get out.

" Make me feel the way I do. I really missed you, you know. I stopped myself from calling you everyday convincing myself you were probably to busy."

" I should be the one asking you that oppa." He laughed at my outburst making me pout. After calming down he looked at his phone.

" Its late...do you want to sleep over, you can stay in the extra bedroom...I don't want to leave you alone in an empty dorm."

" Your not working tomorrow oppa?"

" No, so what do you say?"

" Alright." He smiled brightly then did the most unexpected thing. He kissed me, a small chup on my lips. Then looked at me as if reading my expression. I laughed.

" What was that for?"

" Because your beautiful." Before I could respond he kissed me again, only this time he lingered giving me many small kisses. Each one lasting longer and getting more urgent. Our breath quickening. I laughed again breaking our kiss.

" And what is this one for?"

" Because I want you to be mine. Be my girlfriend Ahyoung-ie." 

" Haha on one condition."

" And what is that?"

" Kiss me again." We eventually agreed to go to bed, he showed me the room and even lent me some clothes I could sleep in. We said our goodnights and laid down. I couldn't sleep though, just the thought of Jong oppa being in the room across from me had me wide awake. I gave up, i don't know if it was the alcohol still in my body but I got up and knocked on his door. He quickly opened the door.

" Oppa I cant sleep...can i lay down with you?" 

" Alright come here." He helped me under the covers.

" Do you want an arm pillow?" I had to giggle last time that happened it didn't quite work out but I agreed. He put his arm out and I snuggled close. This time more comfortable than the last. I wrapped my arm around his stomach as he wrapped his around me hugging me closer. 

" Oppa?"

" hmm."

" Do I get a goodnight kiss?"

 

 

 

 

 

 


I wrote this one when I watched the episode where Ahyoung feeds Jong healthy food and she said she wanted to drink soju haha I tried my best to write down what was in my head but...idk haha tell me what you guys think should I keep things PG 13 or should I add a bit more spice to the next one?