Ahreum

Moments

Ahreum

 

 

Ahyoung-ie was now five months pregnant, and each day it seemed her belly grew more. She was watching her favorite drama at the moment. I was just happy it didn't have Lee Seungi in it. I lay on her lap reading some new scripts while she played with my hair.

" Wah as much as its been moving I'm leaning more towards boy now haha, Look oppa look!"  I could see a little bump on her belly then it moved across before disappearing again. I put my hand on her waiting for our baby to move again.

" When do we go see your doctor again? Do you think the baby will let us see it this time?"

" In two days, I hope so haha I really want to know." I kissed her belly and gave it a gentle shake with my hand.

" You have to let us see you ok, your mom and I are getting impatient out here." She laughed as she pat my head.

" Your going to be such a great dad oppa." He smiled, the big bright smile that always made my heart melt. It was true though, he was going to be such a great dad. His excitement to everything related to our baby was just swoon worthy. I could just imagine how he will be once our baby is born. 

....................

" Ok, lets see here is the head, it looks like its on its hand haha." The doctor pointed at the screen showing us our baby on its thumb, then moved the probe a little lower.

" Lets see its seems to be in a good position this time....and here are the legs...its a girl! congratulations." Jong leaned down and kissed me with the biggest smile in his face.

" Oppa were having a little girl!."

" You were right haha."

" Well everything looks good, her heart sounds strong, your weight is where it should be, Ill see you next month, again congratulations."  He wiped the sonogram jelly from my belly and left us. As quickly as I could manage I sat up and hugged Jong. He wrapped his arms around me as I hid in the crook of his neck.

" Oppa Im so happy but why am I crying?"

" Because you have a beautiful heart. Come on, wanna go shopping?" She laughed, I knew that would make her feel better. She had been impatiently waiting to know the of our baby to start shopping for things.

....................

We sat at the restaurant surrounded by our family. They looked at us impatiently waiting for our answer. I sat quietly not saying anything but just enjoying the moment. Ahyoung reached in to her purse and pulled out a pair of little white girly shoes. Placing them on the table in front of her. Everyone clapped and congratulated us. Good thing we were in a private room if not we would have gained looks from everyone. 

" Any names in mind yet?" My mom always so impatient haha. I looked at Jong and he just smiled as he reassured me. The same day we had found out, we had talked about names again. He kept insisting he really liked my name and I gave him the same names we had talked about on our honeymoon. We ended up agreeing on Hong Ahreum. I honestly loved the name and so did oppa. 

" Hong Ahreum." They said the name to themselves trying it out. They all smiled widely and said how pretty and how much they liked the name.

" One thing is for sure with such a beautiful daughter-in-law she is going to be a pretty little girl."

" I agree, with my daughter and my handsome son-in-law she is going to be the cutest, sorry kid but I think she is going to be cuter than you." 

" Haha Its ok dad I don't mind, plus how can she not be pretty when I have such a handsome husband." Everyone complained at her comment as we laughed, I put my arm around her waist and pulled her closer to me. 

...................

I hated leaving her home alone, but I had to work. I wanted to film one more movie before Ahreum was born. Nothing would make me feel worse than missing her birth and not being there for Ahyoung, just because of work. Yet i still felt like if I was missing a lot. I would leave early in the mornings and come home when she was about to sleep. Occasionally I would get off early some days, but I felt useless. So I was beyond happy to know we only had one more week of filming.  Today was one of those lucky days I got off early. I walked in my house to find Ahyoung laughing at Woobin. He sat on the floor with miscellaneous parts and tools all around him.

" Oppa your home!" She made her way to me and I hugged her.

" What is going on here?"

" Brought my niece to be a present...didnt know there were so many parts I had to assemble though." I had to laugh, never had I seen him so lost about building something.

" Bin oppa got Ahreum a really cool stroller, good thing we haven't gone to buy one yet." I was content but more than that I was beyond thankful at how much he was excited about the baby as we were. He had his own life, full of schedules and his girlfriend. Yet he still found time to come visit Ahyoung so she wouldn't feel lonely while I was gone. Not only Woobin, but the other guys as well. I didn't know what I had done in my other life to deserve such good friends, a beautiful loving wife and my daughter.

" Thanks...is this to get us to make you her God father though? haha" He threw the pillow he had been sitting on at me. In all honesty though me and Ahyoung had talked about it a lot. It was really hard to decide on who would be Ahreum's God mother and father. 

" Oppa!"

" Kidding, Kidding."

" Not that I care or anything, but have you guys decided yet?"

" Well we really couldn't decide, so, um we kind of thought why cant she have more than one?"

" Really?"

" Yup we already asked Sojin noona and my sister to be the God mothers."

" And we were going to invite you and Soohyuk oppa to dinner tomorrow, but since your here and..."

" Really!!? I get to be Ahreum's God father!?" Bin oppa hugged me kissed me on the head. He was so happy that it warmed my heart.

" Soo~ is that a yes?" He let me go and went to give Jong oppa hug.

"  Of course yes!" I left them alone in the living room to talk and finish building the stroller as I made dinner. Jong oppa came home early but he still looked tired. He really wanted to do a movie now so he would have time afterwards to be with me and Ahreum. I understood him but I didn't like seeing him push himself a lot. Specially since it was an action movie. They even included car chase scenes since they knew he was a good driver and drifter. I worried a lot but I was thankful for the visits I got from the girls and my avengers. They would also take me out to dinner when Jong appa had to work late, or we would even go see him on set. We ate dinner together and I finally got to see the stroller put together. I also found it funny how they both forbade me to help clean the kitchen. It really was an adorable sight. My two handsome tall men washing the dishes together. I discreetly took a picture and went to give Jong oppa a back hug. Burying my face in his back. 

" Eww stop being gross in front of me."

" Aww sorry, did my Bin oppa also want a hug?" He pretended to cringe away from her but still let her hug him. I couldn't help but laugh at his expression. They all let her do whatever she wanted with them. Thats how much they had grown to love Ahyoung. They treated her like the overprotective brothers that loved to , but gave in to her every wish. I remember long ago, Ahyoung had told me how much she had begged her parents for a sibling when she was little. Looking at her now, I really think her wish came true. She gained really good sisters who were always there to protect her, and four brothers who would do anything for her. She really is loved.

.............................

I tossed and turned not being able to find a comfortable spot. I felt big and out of breath. Giving up I sat up, unintentionally waking Jong up. He rubbed his eyes like a little kid as he sat up.

" Having trouble sleeping again Ahyoung-ie?"  His voice was low and childlike, bringing a smile to my face.

" Eung, Ahreum-ie is getting so big."  He motioned for me to sit in front of him, I did as I was told. Moving my hair out of the way he kissed my neck, then I felt his hands beginning to massage my neck. Slowly moving lower to my waist, his hands were so relaxing. I felt my tight muscles begin to loosen up.

" Your not too hot to use me as a pillow?" I shook my head no. 

" Alright come here, lets try and sleep then." Oppa made a great pillow and his massage had helped a lot. In no time I began to feel my eyes close again.

I woke to the feeling of water rushing out of me. Please tell me I did not just pee on Jong oppa and myself. I quickly sat up removing the sheets, waking oppa in the process. He was really confused until he felt the wetness.

" Did you just pee?" I touched myself, no this felt completely different.

" Oh my god!, no oppa I think my water just broke!" His eyes went wide.

" What?! really? Do I call your mom? No wait your doctor?" Her eyes looked just as surprised as mine felt, but she calmly answered my questions.

" Call the doctor first oppa, I'll call our mom's." I talked to the doctor as I removed the wet sheets and she jumped in the shower. I had just hung up when she came out. Her face looked like she was in pain.

" Oppa I think I just had a contraction." Dropping the sheets I helped her sit on the bed.

" The doctor said to take you in, let me just change really quick."

" No oppa I got you all wet go shower, Im ok the contractions are still far apart we have time." He looked at me very worried but I insisted. He agreed in the end and he quickly showered as I put my clothes on. I wasn't even done putting on my pants when he came back out. I had never seen him this awake and alert so early, it was kind of funny seeing him move around the room getting our stuff together to leave. Oppa being the well prepared man he is, had already gotten a bag with our things ready ahead of time just for this occasion. In what seemed like no time we were already on they way to the hospital. 

" What did your mom say?"

" She is going to try and be at the hospital as fast as she can, but dad probably wont be able to make it until tonight. Your mom is also on her way, said she would call your sister for us."

" How are you feeling Ahyoung-ie?"

​" Happy we get to meet our Ahreum-ie today." She said with a big happy smile on her face. Not exactly the answer I was expecting, but I knew just how much she meant it. The light went red and I looked at her. She looked calm, like if she was ready for this. Underneath that though I could see how much she was trying to hide how painful the contractions were. Occasionally she would let out her breath really slowly as she closed her eyes. I held her hand, but I hated not being able to do more. I concentrated on arriving fast and safe as possible to the hospital. When we got there my mom was already waiting for us.

" Oh Ahyoung come here, honey you go check her in." I did as I was told and checked her in. We were taken to a private room where the nurses had Ahyoung change as we waited for the doctor. 

" Stop pacing like that your going to make Ahyoung more nervous."

" Oppa come lay down with me please." I scooted making room for him on the bed. He put his arm around me and I snuggled to his chest. I felt a lot better in his arms. Everything was kind of disorienting. The pain but also the excitement of it just happening. The nervousness of finally getting to meet my little girl, and just the fact that we were going to be parents. I was going to be a mom now. Just as I was beginning to feel comfortable, the doctor came in. He checked the chart and asked for everyone to leave so that he could check me. Oppa got up from the bed and was about to walk out with his mom. 

" No, can my husband stay please." The doctor looked at me for a moment then agreed. I held out my hand for him and he quickly came to my side. It turned out I still had a little more to go but that was fine with me. I really wanted my mom with me. The doctor had also asked me if I wanted an epidural. He said later on it would be too late to get it if I was in too much pain. I didn't want it though. 

" Why didn't you want it Ahyoung-ie?"

​" I was told it messes with your back later, my mom has really bad back pains from it when its cold." 

" But I dont want you to be in pain."

" It will only be for a little while oppa, plus it will be worth it." I was beyond in awe of her. She really was something. Four hours had passed and I had finally managed to help Ahyoung sleep. I took the time to let the girls and guys know. Not even a minute later I had messages from them all. Some had schedules but promised to be here as soon as they could. Sojin, Soohyuk, and Woobin were already on their way. 

.................

" Alright your doing great, now one more push." I held her hand and with the other I helped hold her back as she pushed. I knew she was in pain but she never let a yell out. Occasionally she would let out a small whimper but other than that nothing. I wished I could do more for her, but if holding her hand was all I could do, I was going to do my best to make her feel alright. With another small whimper she pushed and hid her face in my chest. Everything happened all at once in that moment. I felt her go limp and let out her breath, at the same time I heard her cry. Our little Ahreum had strong lungs. The nurse quickly took her and placed her on Ahyoung' s chest. She was so tinny. Ahyoung-ie had small tears rolling down her face as she held Ahreum.

" Does dad want to cut the umbilical cord?" I went over to the doctor as the nurse handed me the scissors. I was such a weird feeling. The doctor patted me on the back and took the scissors from my hand. I went back to Ahyoung as the nurse was taking Ahreum away from her. She looked at me wide eyed.

" Oppa she is so perfect."

" You both are." I leaned down and kissed her lightly. We both looked over to where the nurse had our daughter.

" She weighs 6 pounds 5 ounces." She said out loud for us all to hear.  She continued her assessment occasionally yelling out some other stuff like she has all toes and fingers, or heart sounds perfect. 

......................

 

Ahyoungs mom and mine stayed in the room with her as I went to the nursery to show Woobin and Soohyuk my daughter, their god daughter. I really liked saying that. I had a daughter. They let me in as the guys watched from the window. The nurses had me put on a robe and a mask. I carefully held her up to the window for the guys to see. She was so tinny, I could almost hold her in one hand. Ahreum seemed to have gotten Ahyoung's pale skin even though her face was very pink at the moment. She also had a full head of hair as dark as mine. I couldn't hear the guys through the window but I could see their eyes look at her so adoringly. Woobin made a gesture with his hands to Soohyuk. It looked like he was mentioning how small she was, the both mouthing "cute". 

" Excuse me, Its her feeding time. Would you like to take her to your wife? We will have a nurse go with you."  I quickly agreed. The guys and the nurse followed me back to Ahyoungs room.

" Let me hold her, please!" Woobin stretched his arms out. Carefully I handed Ahreum over to him. He had the most silliest look on his face.

" Wow...look at her tinny hands." He said as he poked her hand lightly with his pinky. Ahreum grabbed ahold of him making him even more excited.

" She is really cute, good thing she looks like Ahyoung huh haha," He patted my back as we walked.

" I dont know she kind of looks like she has his mouth look." The three of us stopped walking and looked at Ahreum in Woobins arms. Now that I really looked, she kind of did. The nurse cleared and we began to walk again.

" My turn let me hold her." We walked in to Ahyoungs room. All three of them looked up at our little group. Ahyoung smiling brightly as she saw Soohyuk holding Ahreum.

" Im sorry to say she has Jonghyun's mouth, she is still so adorable though, congratulations Ahyoung-ah."

" Haha thank you oppa, she also has his dimple though."

" Really?!" 

" Yeah you can she it when she is eating. Look." She held out her hands to Soohyuk, but we were all frozen in surprise by her comment.

" Haha im only going to give her, her pacifier you dorks, as if I would pull by out in front of you all haha." The guys awkwardly laughed as Soohuk handed Ahreum over. Just like Ahyoung said, she did have my dimple. It was such a weird but gratifying feeling seeing some of my features in her. I saw a lot of Ahyoung in her as well. It had only been a few hours since her birth but Everything felt perfectly amazing. i could only imagine the days ahead. Although we were warned about not getting any sleep. None of that seemed to matter at the moment though.