Ice Cream

Nice Meeting You

JB wanted to make the most of the time he had with Yuna. He didn’t want the hour they had together wasted with them on their phones. There was an elderly lady working behind the table. There was a wide variety of accessories splayed across the table.

“Let me know if you have any questions.”, said the elderly lady. Yuna carefully eyed the jewelry until she saw a necklace. The only thing hanging from the silver chain was a metal sphere. There was a little latch in the middle of the ball. The elderly lady could see the confusion on Yuna’s face.

“It’s a locket.”, the lady said picking it up and unlocking it, “You can put anything you want in here. Well, if it can fit inside”.

“That’s cute.”, Yuna said. She appreciated the simplicity of the design and its uniqueness. JB saw how fascinated Yuna was by the necklace. Eventually Yuna left to check out other stores nearby. Once Yuna was out of earshot JB asked the elderly lady how much the necklace cost.

“Is she your girlfriend?”, the lady asked giddily staring at Yuna from across the market.

“No ma’am. She’s a friend.”, JB replied.

“Do you want her to be your girlfriend?”, the lady raised her eyebrow. JB was flustered. Why does she want to know about my love life? JB took too long to reply. The lady rolled her eyes and grabbed the necklace.

“Just take the it.”, she said as she placed it in JB’s hand.

“That’s very kind of you but let me pay.”, JB was reaching for his wallet.

“It’s on me. Now go over to your friend before she leaves you.”, she said shooing away JB. Yuna was motioning to JB to come on.

“Thank you!”, JB stuffed the necklace in his pocket and ran over to Yuna.                       

“Did you buy anything?”, Yuna asked.

“No, just made some small talk. Hey, let’s go over there!”, JB led Yuna to a costume store. JB tried on a monkey mask.

“How do I look?”, JB said waving his arms around.

“Better than before.”

“Hey!”, JB said taking off the mask. Yuna grabbed a parasol and started twirling it around. She struck a dramatic pose.

“Do I look refined?”

“You look stupid.”, JB snorted. Yuna was tempted to hit him. After goofing off with the props they wandered off deeper into the market. Yuna saw a face painting booth and was immediatly attracted to it.

"Let's get our face painted!", Yuna jumped in excitement. 

"Come on!”, she said heading towards the booth. JB reluctantly followed. The lady greeted them and handed a book filled with designs.

“There are so many options.”, Yuna said flipping through the book.

“What about this?.”, JB pointed to the dalmatian.

“Good idea. I’ll get that one.”

Yuna sat in the chair as the lady painted on her face. Yuna had to refrain from laughing because the brush tickled her face. A few minutes later she was done. The lady handed her a mirror. Yuna’s face was completely white with black spots. There was one huge spot on her right eye. She even had a dog nose and a tongue sticking out of .  

“How do I look?”, Yuna asked JB.

“Pretty.”, JB replied. Like you always do. It was know his turn to have his face painted. JB had no clue what he wanted.

“Why don’t you choose one for me?”, JB passed the book to Yuna. Yuna examined the designs in detail.

She landed on the perfect one. He’s gonna love this. Yuna showed the design to the lady, shielding it from JB’s eyes.

“Which one did you chose?”

“You’ll see.”, Yuna giggled.

The artist was finally done and handed JB the mirror. His eyes widen. He transformed into Hello Kitty. Yuna was dying of laughter behind him.

“So, do you like it?”, Yuna croaked. JB couldn’t lie to himself, he looked good, really good. He loved cats and the design complimented his cheek bones.

“I love it.”

"I need to take a picture of this.", Yuna took out her camera and snapped a photo.

"If you post that online, you're dead! Now I need to take a picture of you.", JB took a photo of Yuna.

They headed to the street food vendors next. The smell of food smacked them in the face. Yuna had to keep herself from eating everything in sight.

 

“Ice cream!”, Yuna screamed heading towards the cart. She ran so fast JB almost lost her.

“Two chocolate ice cream cones please!”, Yuna ordered. These ice creams were made to look like flowers.

“That will be 1000 won.”, the man said giving her the cones. Before Yuna could blink JB was already paying.    

“You didn’t have to do that.”

“I know.”, JB smirked. Yuna handed him one of the cones as they sat down at a table.

The sun was about to set. People were starting to head back home since it was a weekday. The cool breeze caused Yuna’s hair to get into , making her eating experience less enjoyable. JB could see her struggle.

“It’s a nice day to be outside.”, JB said staring at the sun. Yuna turned around to look. The sky was a blend of orange, pink, and purple. The glittering sun was steadily moving down into the ocean. Yuna spotted an empty pier in front of the sun.

“Let’s watch the sun from there.”, Yuna pointed out. They walked over to the edge of the pier and sat down with their feet hanging off of it. Yuna let out a deep sigh.

“I don’t think I’ve ever watch the sun set before.”, Yuna said entranced by the view.

“It’s been awhile for me. I haven’t had the time lately.”, JB said saddened. He missed sitting back and watching time pass by. Now with promotions ending he would finally have time to do that.

“I should do this more often." Yuna said wistfully.

"Me too.", JB said staring at Yuna. Yuna turned to face JB.

"I'm sorry but I can't take you seriously with that paint on your face.", Yuna said trying to keep her composture.

"You're the one who picked it out!"

"I know."

There was a long silence that followed.

"What kind of song were you planning on writing?", JB spoke up. It took Yuna a second to realize what he was talking about.

"I'm not sure. I don't know where to start."

"Have you written any lyrics?"

"A couple of lines. Nothing worth making a song out of."

"Don't sell yourself short. You never know how much you can accomplish if you always doubt yourself."

"Ooh! Did you come up with that yourself?", Yuna asked sassily. JB shook his head.

"I'm serious. I think you can write a really good song."

Yuna was touched by JB's words. Having someone she respected and adore say that to her was heart-warming.

"You think so?", Yuna smiled. JB nodded.

"Come up with some lyrics and show them to me the next time we meet up. Inspiration is everywhere and don't be afraid to get personal. Start carrying a pencil and notepad with you and no matter how weird or crazy thought, write it down. We'll work out the composition later."

Yuna didn't know what to say. She was all worried about not being able to deliver a song to her CEO but now she had help from someone who knew what to do. She felt like a huge weight was being lifted off of her.

"You don't understand how much this means to me! Thank you!", Yuna wrapped her arms around JB's neck, pulling him in for a hug. JB was taken aback. He never never met a girl so expressive. Yuna became self-aware at that moment and released JB from her arms.

"Sorry.", Yuna coughed. Smooth move, Yuna.

"It's fine.", JB replied, I actually didn't mind. Yuna yawned loudly.

"You tired?", JB eyed Yuna.

"A little.", Yuna said checking her phone. It was almost time for them to meet up with the others.

"We should probably head out.", Yuna stood up. They got to the ferris wheel right on time and none of the others were there. They sat down on a bench in front of the ferris wheel to wait.

"Thanks for the today.", Yuna said genuinely. She had more fun with JB than she expected.

"You're welcome.", JB said as he noticed Yuna had some chocolate ice cream on her face.

"You got some chocolate on your face."

"Oh! Where?", Yuna said wiping her face with fingers.

"Right there.", JB pointed to the corner of . Yuna was still missing it.

"Here.", JB moved closer to Yuna. He gently grabbed Yuna's face and skimmed his thumb across . Even after the chocolate was gone he still held onto Yuna's face. He stared at her big brown eyes and full lips. Yuna felt the warmness emitting from JB's hand. Yuna gulped.

"Is it gone?"

"Yeah.", JB said softly as he rubbed her cheek with his thumb. Yuna remembered what Minju had said to her. I think JB likes you. Yuna didn't know how to feel. This was the first time a guy was showing interest in her. JB didn't want to let go and Yuna wasn't moving. It seemed as if time stopped. JB could only look at Yuna and vice versa.

"Hey! There they are!", a voice screamed. JB and Yuna pulled away from each other. The others arrived.

"Woah! Nice face paint!", Minju said looking at Yuna.

"Unni you look so cute!", Jane squealed.

"You look cute too!", Mark pinched JB's cheek. Everybody laughed at JB's face paint.

"You're all late.", JB said grumpily.

"Sorry, we all ended up at the same ride and the line was longer than we thought.", Yugyeom apologized. As they all chatted a pair of guys walked towards them.

"Hyung!", Bambam yelled hugging the muscular man.

"What are you guys doing here?", asked Youngjae.

"We just finished our fliming. We heard you guys were at the carnival so we decided to stop by.", Junior replied.

"I missed you too, Bambi.", Jackson squeezed Bambam.

"The carnival doesn't close yet. What should we do?", Mark asked.

The Ark and Got7 went to the arcade. Halla and Yugyeom were playing against each other in Dance Dance Revolution. Jackson, Bambam, and Jane were having a competition in skeeball. Minju and Mark were racing on fake motorcycles. JB and Youngjae shot virtual animals with toy guns. Junior and Yuna were at the claw machines. Junior was trying to hold in his anger. He slammed his hand on the panel.

"I almost had it!"

"Let me try.", Yuna said pushing Junior aside. She couldn't stand to see Junior upset. She entered in a token and the music began to play. She skillfully maneuvered the claw over the stuffed polar bear. She pressed the button and the claw descended. The claw latched onto the polar bear and slowly moved it over the opening. The claw released the polar bear and Yuna took it out of the machine.

"There you go!", Yuna said giving Junior the bear.

"Thanks.", Junior sheepishly took the bear. JB watched the two. He thought about the necklace still in his pocket. He didn't know when but he was going to give it to Yuna. He saw how friendly Junior and Yuna were.

I need to give it to her soon.