Hi-Five

Nice Meeting You

Yuna was trudging through the snow. It seemed that the gazebo was getting further away with every step she took. Yuna realized that this was the first time in a while that she had been by herself. She started to think about where she was right now. I'm partying in a mansion filled with idols. This is insane! This was only the beginning. She thought about how many more parties and events The Ark would be invited to. Everyone would know who they were and would want to befriend them. The Ark would get their first win but certainly not their last. They would get invited to variety shows and become emcees on music shows. They would win awards at MAMA and go on a world tour. Yuna's family would be so proud of her. She couldn't wait to go home and show how accomplished she'd become. I miss them so much. It had been years since she was able to go home. Tears were starting to form but she held them in. Yuna finally made it to the gazebo and sat down. She stared at the iced over pond sparkling under the moonlight. She started to remember going ice skating with her friends and family. Ice skating was so much fun. I wish I can do it right now. She sighed as she spotted the shed. Since when was that there? It was a old wooden shed right next to the pond. Yuna walked over to it in curosity. She grabbed the metal knob and turned it. It's open! It wouldn't hurt if I went in, right? The door creaked open as Yuna peered inside. It was filled with fishing rods, gardening tools and- Ice skates! Yuna rummaged through the pile until she found a pair of white ones. She quickly put them on and left her boots in the shed. Yuna catiously made her way to the pond. She carefully put both feet on the ice. Easy there, Yuna. Now just bend your knees and push outwards. After a couple of tries she was skating. This isn't as hard I as remembered. She almost lost her balance but was able to catch herself. Woah! That was close. She was doing laps and gliding on the ice. It feels so freeing! Yuna loved being with her members but she also enjoyed alone time. Yuna was now trying to channel her inner figure skater. She was terribly failing to do jumps and spins. Man, I am so bad at this. She was laughing at herself now. She was sure that her laughs could be heard from the mansion. Laughter was ringing through the open area. 

"Keep trying, you'll get it eventually.", a voice said behind her. Yuna jumped almost losing her balance. She turned to see-

"Junior."

"It's nice to see you again. I'm sorry to interrupt."

"No, it's fine. It's good to see you too. May I ask what you're doing out here?"

"It was getting crowded in there so I decided to go outside. I saw you walking towards the gazebo and I didn't want you to be alone so I trailed behind you. Wow, that sounds creepy.", Junior said chuckling. Yuna blushed and smiled.

"It's actually very kind of you! Thank you for being concerned."

"You're welcome. You're a really good skater by the way."

"Oh. Thanks. It's not that hard."

"Really?", Junior said surprised, eyeing Yuna's skates.

"Yeah! Come on, I'll show you! There are ice skates in the shed. It'll be fun!", Yuna said psyched. Junior felt like was about to make a complete fool of himself. But with the way Yuna was looking at him, Junior didn't want to disappoint her. After putting on the skates Junior sheeplishly got on the ice. He tried to move but was too afraid to. Yuna quickly skated over to Junior. 

"Have you ever skated before?"

"When I was younger, but even then I was no good.", Junior said trying to balance himself. 

"You can hang onto me if you like. I don't mind.", Yuna said lending her arm. Junior hesitated before placing his hand on her arm. 

"Thank you.", Junior said softly. 

"No problem. Now just bend your knees and move your feet like this.", Yuna said as she was demonstrating. Junior did the same motion.

"There you go! Now follow my lead.", Yuna pushed off as Junior followed. Yuna led Junior around the ice, watching him carefully. He was a fast learner. It was no longer Junior being dragged by Yuna but now they were going the same pace.

"You're getting the hang of it! Hi-five!", Yuna said proudly as she raised her hand. Junior hi-fived Yuna with too much force causing her to slip and fall. Junior was still holding onto her so he fell as well. Junior was now on top of Yuna. It took both of them a second to register what position they were in. Yuna watched Junior's eyes go wide and the flustered look on his face. Their faces were inches away from touching. As Junior was trying to get up he noticed the Yuna's face. It was a mix of shock and fear. Junior was doing his best to stand up but every time he did he would just land on top of Yuna again. Oh great! She probably thinks I'm doing this on purpose and I'm some kind of ert. If I can just get up! In the end Junior just rolled off of Yuna. He laid there ashamed of himself. Why didn't I do that in the first place. He laid there breathing heavily. Yuna was looked over at Junior and they locked eyes. They started to crack up thinking about how embarrassed they both were. Yuna studied Junior. He was a handsome guy. His hair was gelled up and he was wearing a grey suit. He laughed with his hand covering his mouth. His face glistened under the stars. Junior saw that Yuna was examining him so he did the same to her. Her hair was in a braided bun and she was wearing pearl earrings. She had a loud laugh and it was contagious. There was an aura of innocence and femininity coming from her. Despite the cool, charismatic image she had Junior could tell that was only a portion of her personality. They quickly looked away from each other and gazed at the sky. There were a lot of stars out tonight and they were all shining brightly. 

"It's a beautiful night.", Junior blurted. 

"Yeah.", Yuna said entranced by the nightsky. 

"It's been a long time since I've done this."

"Me too. It's really nice."

"While we're here why don't you tell me about yourself?", Junior asked. Usually he wasn't this forward but he wanted to know more about Yuna. 

"Oh. Well, I was born in '94. I lived in New York-"

"Really?! That's cool. What was it like over there?"

"It was always busy and loud but I liked it. I lived in a nice neighborhood. I did really well in school, always studying. But my passion was for music and drama so I auditioned for Superstar K3 and that's how I signed with YG. I don't know how I got in. I was lacking so much at that time. I still am but even more so back then. There were so many talented trainees and then there was me. I left the company and decided to go back to America to persue my studies. I didn't want to give up on my dreams so I came back to Korea and had a meeting with my now-boss. He gave me hope that I could do well so I signed with him and that's how I'm here now.", Yuna looked over at Junior.

"I'm sorry that was way too much information.", Yuna said apologetically. Junior glanced over at Yuna.

"I don't mind. It's good to get things off your chest. I was also born in '94. I have two older sisters. I grew up in Jinhae. I got into dance and started taking lessons. Then I decided to audition for JYP and that's how I met JB. We tied for first place at the open auditions so naturally we got paired up. After two years of training I debut in JJProject. I liked being in a duo, don't get me wrong, but I can't imagine what my life would've been without Got7. They're my family.", Junior sighed not trying to get emotional. Yuna thought about how grateful she was to be in The Ark. One day she wanted to do solo activities but not now. She was happy being with her girls.

"That's how I feel about The Ark.", Yuna thought to herself but somehow she said it out loud. Junior could see the contemplating look on Yuna's face. He could also see Yuna's pouting lips and how she crinkled her nose every time the wind blew. She looks cute. Wait, is that inappropriate to think right now? Yuna could feel Junior's eyes on her. Why is he staring at me? Did I say something wrong? Should I look back at him? Yuna turned to face Junior. They stared into each other's eyes. He has really pretty eyes. She has really pretty eyes. All of sudden they heard the crunching of snow. They both sat up and looked behind them. It was the rest of Got7 and The Ark heading towards them. 

"Hyung!", Bambam yelled running through the snow.

"Yuna!", Jane screamed. The girls sprinted to Yuna and gave her a bear hug. The guys tackeled Junior back down to the ice.

"We've been looking for you! Why didn't you tell anyone you were going outside?!", Minju asked as she was holding Yuna.

"I'm sorry. I wasn't thinking. It won't happen again.", Yuna said as she wrapped her arms around her members.

"When we realized you were gone we started asking around to see if anybody knew where you went. You're lucky that JB knew Junior was going outside to check up on you. We saw the footprints that you two left so we followed them.", Halla said squeezing Yuna.

"Bambam could you please get off of me?", Junior said kindly while Bambam was sitting on his back. Bambam slid off and helped Junior stand up.

"Were you guys ice skating?", Bambam asked innocently. Jackson rolled his eyes.

"Why else would they be wearing ice skates?!", Jackson said exasperated. The Ark and Got7 laughed. 

"Yeah, we were. There are more skates over there.", Yuna said pointing to the wooden shed. Everybody immediately looked over at JB.

"We might as well since were out here.", everyone cheered and raced towards the shed.

Jackson, Mark, and JB had no problem ice skating. On the other hand Bambam and Yugyeom were holding onto each other for support while Youngjae was constantly falling. Minju and Halla were learning from Junior how to skate while Jane and Yujin were accidently crashing into people.

As Yuna was taking in all the madness someone stopped next to her.

"You having fun?", JB asked.

"I am. How about you?"

"Despite the freezing cold weather, I'm enjoying myself.", JB said clenching his fist.

"Thank you for helping my members find me. I really appreciate it."

"We had to find Junior anyway so don't sweat it.", JB said causally.

"Either way I'm grateful towards you, I mean it.", Yuna said earnestly while staring at her members.

"Really? That makes me even happier that I did it.", JB said. Yuna quickily turned her head towards JB. Did he just say that?  

"Huh?", Yuna said with wide opened. JB faced Yuna and chuckled.

"Although, I do wish I was the one that came outside with you. That would've been the highlight of my night.", JB said smirking. He skated away and Yuna was left with still open. Jane came up to Yuna after seeing the startled look on her face. 

"What just happened?", Jane asked.

"You tell me."