Dasi Run Run Run

Nice Meeting You

The Ark were at their first fansign. Hundreds of fans showed up to meet them. The Ark couldn’t tell where the line began or ended. They all had trouble sleeping last night because of the anticipation of this event. They all stood on the platform staring at the sea of people. Minju took in a deep breath before bringing the microphone to .     

“Hello everyone! We are The to the A-R-K! The Ark!”, the girls said in unison as they all bowed. The crowd roared.

“Thank you all for making it to our first fansign! This means a lot to all of us. We look forward to meeting all of you so let’s get started!”, Minju said as the crowd cheered. The girls took their seats at the table as the line moved up. They were all met with smiling faces and kind comments.

“Halla! You’re such a good dancer!”

“Fighting, Yujin!”

“Yuna, I love your rapping!”

“You are so cute, Jane!”

“Saranghaeyo, Minju unni!”

Some fans even brought them gifts. They were flooded with accessories, food, and fan art. The Ark never felt so loved from their fans. After their delayed comeback The Ark had worried if they still had fans but now they knew they had faithful followers.

Yuna was signing their mini album when the fan asked, “When are you going to release a full album?”

The Ark’s promotions were about to end. Their company, Music K, had planned on having the girls releasing a full album for their next comeback. The company agreed that the girls could take part in making the songs. The only problem was the girls knew nothing about songwriting.

“Soon.”, Yuna smiled as she handed back the mini album. The fansign was winding down and The Ark had to say their goodbyes.

“We are sorry to say this but this is the end of the fansign.”, Minju said sadden as the crowd groaned.

“We will have more events to come! Please continue to love and support us! You are all the best!”, Minju said cheerfully. The crowd screamed as the girls exited. They all hopped into the car with their manager and drove back to their dorms. The Ark carried all their gifts into the living room and spread them out on the carpet.

“Look at how much stuff we got!”, Jane said eyeing the stash.

“We have the best fans in the world.”, Yuna said fondly. Halla grabbed a pair of cat ears from the pile and put them on. Yujin started eating the kimbap a fan made for them. Minju admired the self portrait painted for her. The fansign was the only thing scheduled for them that day. That meant they had the rest of the day to do whatever they wanted.

“I’m so bored!”, Jane said laying on the couch scrolling through her phone.

“What do you want to do then?”, Minju said sweeping the floor. Halla was in her room taking a nap when her phone rang. She groggily turned over and reached for her phone. She got a new text message.

Bambam: Hey! The guys and i r going 2 the carnival in seoul. U girls wanna come?

Halla jumped out of her bed and ran to the living room.

“Guys! Got7 invited us to go to the carnival with them!”, Halla shouted, squeezing her phone. The girls all looked at each other.

“Let’s do it!”, Minju said dropping her broom. The girls rushed to their rooms to change.

Halla: Yeah! We’ll meet u there!

Yuna thought about the last time she went to a carnival let alone went out with her friends. It’s been ages. She shook her head in amazement. Someone knocked on her door.

“Come in.”

Minju entered.

“Hey Minju! What’s up?”, Yuna said as she was picking out her clothes.

“Nothing. I’m just glad that we finally get to have some free time. ”, Minju said as she slowly closed the door.

“Yeah. It was really nice Got7 invited us.”      

“We’re really getting close to them, huh?”, Minju said sitting down on Yuna’s bed.

“We are, aren’t we?.”, Yuna grinned.

“But if you had to, who would you say you were the closest to?”

Yuna wasn’t stupid. What is she getting at? Yuna went along with it for now.

“Junior, I guess. Why?”

“I was curious. That’s all.”

“Minju.”, Yuna said crossing her arms. Minju now knew that Yuna was on to her.

“Okay! I came in here to warn you.”

Yuna was confused, “Warn me about what?”

“I think JB likes you.”

It took Yuna a moment to process the words correctly. At that moment Yuna thought about what he had said to her at the party, how he helped her untangle her hair, and that dream she had with him. Yuna had considered if JB liked her but to her it was highly unlikely. Why would he like me?

“What?”, that was all Yuna could say at the moment.

“It’s just a hunch! But, from what I’ve seen he might have feelings for you.”, Minju said raising her arms.

“We barely know each other how can he have feelings for me?”, Yuna said slipping on her t-shirt.

“I don’t know.”, Minju said blankly. Yuna knew what Minju was thinking about.

“I don’t like him like that. Even if I did, you know I want to focus on our music right now. We’re just friends, I promise.”, Yuna sat down next to Minju.

“And Junior?”, Minju asked as she glanced at Yuna.

“Same thing goes for him! Now get out, I’m still getting ready!”, Yuna shoved Minju out of the room.

The girls took the bus to the carnival. They took in the smell of food from the vendors. Families, friends, and couples were everywhere laughing and having fun. There was a huge ferris wheel in the center of the carnival and surrounding it were roller coasters, a drop tower, and tons of other rides. A group of guys wearing face masks started walking towards them.

“You made it!”, Yugyeom hi-fived Jane. Yujin noticed that there was only five members present.

“Where’s Jackson and Junior?”, asked Yujin.

“They had some filming to do so they couldn’t make it.”, Mark answered. Yuna was disappointed that the two couldn’t come, especially Junior.

“Where do you want to go first?”, JB asked. They all decided to start off with the roller coasters. The rode all of them together except Youngjae who started getting nauseous. Since they all felt bad for Youngjae they decided to go on a ride that was more his speed so they went on the carousel.           

“Woohoo!”, Bambam screamed riding on his pink pony.

“Yah horsie!”, Mark yelled slapping the porcelain horse’s .  

“My hyungs are weird.”, Yugyeom said to the little girl next to him. As the carousel went round and round JB saw a small group of girls staring at him and s. It was going to happen sooner or later.. He lifted up his face mask uselessly. JB watched as The Ark rode their horses. I'd hate to ruin their fun. JB spotted Yuna in front of him. She was pretending that she was a horse jockey. She was happy and so was everyone else. Once they got off went they to the drop tower, carousel swings, and bumper cars but there was always a group of girls following them. Every ride they went to the group got gradually larger. The Ark and Got7 didn't mind at first until the crowd started shouting.

"Oppa! Turn around!"

"Got7 oppas, look at me!"

"Who are the girls with you?!" 

"Yeah, who are you?!"

"Show your faces!"

People walking by were staring at them. The crowd was getting restless. They tried walking faster but the crowd was constantly catching up to them. Got7 gave each other a knowing look. Each one of them got close to a member of The Ark. JB took Yuna's hand. Yuna shot JB a bewildered look.

"Now!", JB whispered. Got7 ran off in different directions. JB sprinted pulling Yuna along. Yuna looked back as fangirls chased them. She started running at the same pace as JB. They weaved through the sea of people going in the opposite way they were. JB and Yuna ran into a small cafe and sat down in a booth away from the windows. When the fangirls ran past the cafe they both sighed in relief.

"Are you okay?", JB breathed heavily. Yuna nodded her head trying to catch her breath.

"I'm sorry about that. I'll make it up to you.", JB said solemnly. If I knew that was going to happen I wouldn't have invited you. He brushed through his hair in frustration.

"It's not your fault. I still had fun.", Yuna said trying to cheer up JB. A waitress came and placed a small cake on the table. 

"Oh, we didn't order this.", Yuna said politely. 

"I know. We like to give out free desserts to couples that come in here.", the waitress said as she walked away. 

"But we're not-", Yuna was trying to explain but the woman already left. They both stared at the cake.

"It would be a waste not to eat it.", JB said grabbing spoons for the both of them.

"What were you doing before you got here?", JB said eating a spoonful of cake.

"We had a fansign. It was amazing!"

"That must've been nice. Your promotions are ending, aren't they?"

"Yeah. It seems like yesterday we just came back. But I'm excited that we get to have a break soon."

"Got7's promotions are starting to wrap up. Maybe we can meet up again to make up for today?"

"We" as in just the two of us or The Ark and Got7? Don't think on it too much ,Yuna. 

"Yeah.", Yuna said swallowing. 

"Have you started preparing for your next comeback?"

"Not yet. We're planning on releasing a full album."

"Really?"

"Uh huh.", Yuna said as she realized something, "JB, you know about songwriting, right?"

"Yeah. Why?"

"Can you teach me someday?"

JB saw the puppy eyes Yuna was giving him. How can I refuse such a cute face? 

"Of course."

"Thank you so much! Here I'll give you my number!", Yuna said pulling out her phone. 

"That's alright. I already have your number.", JB regretted the words as they came out of his mouth. He hoped that Yuna wouldn't question it.

"Oh. How do you have my number?", Yuna tilted her head.

"I got it from one of your members.", JB said rapidly. That was close. The cake was gone and all was left was the plate. JB's phone buzzed. 

Mark: R u ok?

JB: Yeah. Where r u

Mark: I'm with Halla at the pirate ship ride. Try to lay low fangirls r still out there. We will meet up in one hour at the ferris wheel.

JB: k

"Who texted you?", Yuna asked.

"Mark, he said we'll all meet up in a hour at the ferris wheel.", JB put away his phone, "So what should we do now?"

"Let's figure out where we are first.", Yuna said as she got up. The went outside to see they were in the street market of the carnival. Shops lined up together selling trinkets, clothes, and food. People were bargaining and yelling their special deals. Yuna got a text from Minju. 

Minju: Where r u? Who r u with? R u ok? 

Yuna: I'm at a street market in the carnival with JB. I'm fine u?

Minju: YOUR WITH JB????1!!!1!!! 

Yuna: yes 

Minju: Remember wat i said! B careful!

Yuna: i will lov u

Minju: ❤ 

JB saw Yuna texting on her phone. 

"Yah! You can text later. Come on!", JB said grabbing Yuna's wrist and dragging her to a shop.

What have I gotten myself into.