You Will Be Okay

Can You Protect Me?

Suzy POV

I walk to my window and open it slowly, making sure no one hears anything coming from my room. I climb out and balance myself on the ledge until the end of the house. I grab the drain pipe and slide down until their is no more pipe. I brace myself for the fall when I hear a whisper.

"Jump, I'll catch you." My heart sinks as I remember the times Kai use to come and help me. I let go of the pipe and feel arms wrap around me as my feet touch the ground. "Come on."

We run and climb over the fence with Sehun helping me as my pants got caught on the wire. We run until we come to the beginning of a hike trail that leads you up to the tip of the mountain.

"Hun, do you think we could change destiny by living out here?" He chuckles and I smile.

"Well I think we could but you are very precious to a lot of people so they will find us and kill me." He says.

"They wouldn't kill you." He looks at me with a knowing look and I shake my head.

"They might hurt you but won't kill you. I won't let them hurt you ever." Sehun smiles and I feel happy knowing he isn't mad at me for leaving without telling him. "What did you want to talk to me about?"

"Why did you come back?"

"Does it look like I have a choice? One word from my dad and everyone runs around crazy." I sigh. "Let's go this way."

"Suzy, there's no trail." I look at one the trees and see a marking that was made when I was seven year old. "Just trust me."

"Still the same." Sehun says laughing. "There's a perfectly marked trail and you still choose to go off trail."

"You'll be amazed at how I have changed."

"Like today in the cafeteria? I thought you were going to go off on Jiyeon." I smirk at his comment but feel offended. I really did have some reputation. We walk in quiet for awhile and I like the silence. I finally see a tree barely growing and walk toward it to see an deformed arrow carved in it. "Where are you taking me, Suzy?"

"Somewhere amazing. You better not tell anyone or I will personlly cut off your leg." I say joking well about the last part. "My mom brought me here before everything happened. She.... knew what was going to happen."

"She what?" He sounds surprised and shocked.

"At the time, I didn't know better. I followed her here excited to see where this secret place she always went too." I stop at a two trees who have seriouly grown more branches since the last time I came here. I struggle you to move the branches when Sehun helps me, letting me through first and following right after. 

"Wow, this is beautiful." Sehun whispers and I nod my head agreeing with him."How'd she find this place?"

"Honestly don't know."

"How'd she know she was going to die?" He askes cautiously.

"She met someone here and they were talking about normal things until I heard the guy saying he can protect me and my mom but my mom told the guy to only to protect me." I can see everything clear from that night. "She started crying saying how she won't be able to see me grow up to be a beautiful lady."

"If she knew, why didn't she tell your father? He could of stopped everything and protected her." 

"That's what I don't get and why I went to America to find out answers and let's just say they aren't pretty answers." I hug myself as I feel cold.

"Are you cold?" I shake my head and he wraps his arms around me. "I missed you, Suzy."

"Don't lie, you were probably better off without having to get me out of trouble every minute." I say smiling at the ridiculous things he would do to make sure that I wasn't punished bad.

"No, that's what I missed the most. You don't know how hard it got after you left." I turn around in his arms and hug him.

"I'm sorry, Hun. I just needed to get away from everything and everyone." I pat his back as I hug him and he tightens his arms around me. "I promise to never leave you again."

"If you ever leave again, I'm going with you." I giggle and back away from him until I hear some bushes start to move. Sehun reacts faster than me and pulls me to the side where there are some bushes and trees. We squat as I hear couple of people arguing and we move a tree branch to see clearly who they are. I see my mom's friends all gathered around.

"I told you to make sure that she never came back until she graduated from high school." One of them shouted.

"Does it look like I had a choice, Dong-yul wanted her back home."

"We need to make sure everything is hidden." I see someone who kind of resembles my mother. "Make sure the boys are always with her."

"Why is my mom here?" Sehun whispers and I look to see she is one of them that are standing there. I look closely and see she has a black eye and busted lip.

"Hun, did that happen last night?" He shakes his head and I sigh. I should have never left them alone.

"Don't worry about the boys, they are already taking care of Suzy." She says.

"Okay, remember the promise we made. We need to stick together more than before and make sure that Suzy is never left alone especially with Jong-in boy's or even Dong-yul boy's." I look at him closely and remember him.

"That's him. That was the guy with my mom the week before everthing happened." I whisper and I want to run out to him to ask him how he knows my mother when Sehun grabs my hand and pulls me further into trees to an opening. "What are you doing? They aren't finished talking."

"Shhh." He pulls me behind a tree when I hear a branch crack.

"I could of swore I saw someone." Someone whispers as I hold my breath.

"It probably was nothing." I hear them walking away and let my breath out.

"Come on, they left." Sehun whispers. We stay crouched down and move forward carefully until we can hear them clearly.

"Is she going to be okay?" I hear a lady ask.

"She is better than before and I made sure that she didn't lack in anything but I'm scared of what is going to happen when Jong-In does find out." Another says. "Can't we just let out the secret then they would know and they will know we aren't messing around."

"What do you mean?" Someone questions.

"Well her birthday is coming up and we can announce it then. They wouldn't expect us to announce it after 17 years. It'll catch them off guard and make them re-strategize which will give us time to think of a plan." I hear some agree with the person when I hear shouting. They get closer when I hear they are shouting my name. My mom's friends scatter and take off in different directions. I hear the shouting going in a different direction. They are following the trail. I tug on Sehun and pull him with me. We make it out the hiding place and get back on the trail.

"I'll see you tomorrow, Suzy." Sehun says as we reach the beginning of the trail.

"Wait, Sehun. Do you think I can go with you?" I say a little out of breath. "I just need time away from them."

"I room with Kai now." I watch as he is trying to think of what to do.

"Don't worry about it. I'll rent a hotel tonight." I say walking away when he stops me.

"No, we can stay in the guest rooms. It's vacant now and no one bothers with those rooms anymore."

"Are you sure? I don't want to get you into trouble for not going back." He shrugs his shoulders.

 "We still have a lot to talk about and I doubt they even know I exist with all their favorites."

I hug him and whisper in his ear "Your my favorite, Hun. Always remember that."