She's Back

Can You Protect Me?

Suzy POV

I open my eyes and see I'm in my room. I sit up when I feel weight on my legs. I look down to see Fei and Min sleeping. I try to make little movement but I fail as they both wake up.

"Suzy, are you feeling okay?" Min asks.

"I'm okay." I say. Fei gets up and heads to the door. I see my favorite docter. "Unnie!"

"Suzy, stay sitting." She comes over and does some tests on me. I do what she says but feel kind of dizzy when she asks me to stand up. "Do you remember what happened?"

"I was talking to my dad when everything went blank." I say thinking about what we were talking about.

"She seems fine." The docter says to Fei. "It seems to me she wasn't feeling well when she got here and she looks stressed so that may have been why she fainted."

"Suzy, why didn't you tell us you weren't feeling well." Min says as she helps me sit back down.

"I didn't know, I thought I was just nervous about coming back and I was stressed about trying to get back into my old life." I say trying to sound convincing. Fei looks at me and I feel like a little girl caught lying as I turn my head back to Min.

"She's okay, just needs some rest."

"Can she go to school tomorrow?" I hear a deep voice say. I look to the door to see my dad and Jia standing there.

"She should be okay to go to school but if she doesn't feel good in the morning then I wouldn't force her."

"Jia, remember what I said." My dad says to her as him and the docter leave. After they shut the door, Min runs to Jia and hugs her.

"What did he say to you?" Fei asks. She looks at me and sighs.

"He asked if we could watch over Suzy when she goes to school and make sure to always be by her side." I try to read between the lines but nothing seems out of place.

"Why did he ask that?" Min says. "Suzy, did you do something while you were in America."

"No, I made sure to be good." I say. Fei looks at me and starts laughing soon everyone is laughing. "What's so funny?"

"Suzy being good. I'm surprised it didn't kill you." Min says.

"Ha Ha you guys are so funny. I'm not that bad." I say trying to defent myself.

"Please, the definition for trouble is you." I throw the pillow at Fei as she finishes her sentence. "We missed you, you know."

"Yeah, everyone at school keeps telling us we aren't complete unless you are with us." Jia says. I smile as I hold back the tears. I missed them too but I wanted time to forget everything that happened that night go away.

"How long was I out?"

"Two days." Fei says.

"That explains why there is school tomorrow." I say sighing. "Is everything still the same?"

"Well yeah.." Min says quietly.

"What is it?" They all avoid looking at me. It can't be that bad right?

"Well there merging schools this year because of construction." Jia says.

"There what!" I yell. "What if they find about me? Why all of sudden are they working on the school that they can't so it when summer break starts?"

"Suzy, calm down. This is why your dad asked us to watch you as you go back to school."  Fei says. "Get some rest. Tomorrow everyone is going to be in shock."

They walk to the door and say goodnight. After the door closes, I walk to the window and look out to see my mom's favorite patio still the same. 

"Mom, do you think I'll be able to grow old?" I sigh and wipe a tear that fell. 

~Next Day~ 

"Suzy, are you ready?" I hear Nichkhun say. 

"Yeah." I yell back. I look into the mirror one last time and smile. I wonder if people still remember me. I walk out to the car and get in on the passenger side. 

"Suzy, your going to be okay." I look at Nichkhun and smile but I feel butterflies in my stomach. I hate this feeling.

"Your going to give everyone a shocker." Min says. I start laughing but quickly settle down when the school comes into view. We came early so I didn't have to have everyone stare at me. There's only a handful of students here which is good but they aren't paying attention to us. They'll find out later.

"Suzy, you remember where to go right?" Fei says as I nod my head. I head to the office when the front desk lady spits out her coffee. I start giggling and watch as everyone in the office stops and looks at me. Yeah they remember me.

"Suzy, your back. I thought you were studying abroad." The principal says. 

"I was until my dad wanted to come home so I agreed and here I am." I say smirking. 

"Well come into the office and I'll help you get your classes set up." I follow him into the office and look around to see everything still the same. I set up my classes and hear the bell to let out the first class. "Do you remember where to go?" 

"Not really." I say truthfully as I was only here for half of my freshman year. 

"I'll show you, your second class then." I gather my stuff and follow him when he stops before he opens the door. "Suzy, this is the only time I want to see you in here."

"And here I thought you missed me." I say laughing and he shakes his head. "Don't worry, I promise, I'll be on my best behavior."

"Good." I follow him and see the hallways empty. He tells me where my classes are and gives me a map when we enter a room. He hands the teacher a paper and leaves.

"Welcome back students." He looks at me and smiles. "And we have a returning student today."
I finally have enough courage to look at the students when everyone is quiet and is just staring. I see a couple of kids I grew up with and new faces but one face catches my attention. Jiyeon.

"Suzy, you can sit next to Sungyeol." The boy raises his hand and I head toward him. As I walk to the desk, I can feel everyone watching me.

"Hi, I'm Sungyeol." The boys says next to me as I sit down.

"Hello, I'm Suzy." I pull out a notebook and look at the board. Time passes by quickly when I hear the bell ring. I gather my things as someone bumps into me and my bag drops to floor, spilling all my stuff out.

"I'm sorry, I didn't see you." I look to see Jiyeon standing there.

"Of course, you didn't, you must of forgot your glasses at home with your brain." I say before I have time to take it back. She is ready to slap me when someone grabs her arm.

"Jiyeon, don't. We don't need to be getting in trouble here." Sungyeol says. "I'm sorry for her behavior."

I watch as he drags her off and I let out a breath. This is going to be hard. I go to all four classes which are all the same with everyone shocked I'm back and rumors seem to have spread already as to why I'm back. I was going to go to library when I see Fei and Jia walking toward me.

"Hey, Suzy." Jia says.

"Hey, guys."

"Suzy, your going the wrong way. The cafeteria is the other way." Fei says. I sigh and start following them when I see Min waiting by the door.

"Suzy, I was waiting for you." Min says as we approach her.

"She was going the wrong way." Fei says.

"So are you ready for our big entrance especially since they merged schools now."

 

 

Myungsoo POV

"Hey, Myung." I look to see Sungyeol walking over with Jiyeon. Weird.

"What did you do?" I say looking at Jiyeon.

"Nothing yet." She says. I look at Sungyeol who is looking around the cafeteria.

"What are you looking for?" I ask him curious.

"This new girl, well not really new girl." I look at him confused and he seems to catch on as he continues. "She went here before but transferred schools, now she is back." Jiyeon rolls her eyes.

"Whatever, I knew I shouldn't have agreed to come to this school." Jiyeon says as she eats her lunch. I'm about to ask why when the cafeteria becomes quiet. I look to see four girls have entered. They are all beautiful until I see the girl I have seen in the pictures.

"That's her, the new girl." Sungyeol whispers and now I know why Jiyeon hates the girl. They walk toward the table with Nichkhun and bunch of other people. She goes to his side and hugs him. I guess there dating.

"Ugh she makes me sick." Jiyeon whispers. "First Taecyeon, now Nichkhun."

"I don't get why you hate her. Unnie and him didn't even date." Sungyeol says.

"Doesn't mean she didn't like him." She looks toward Suzy and I can see something shift when she looks toward the door. I follow her gaze to see Kai and Sehun walk in.

"What are they doing here?" I ask. "Didn't they chose the other school to go to?"

"They changed schools." Sungjong says as he sits down. "They said the other school was boring."

"Boring?" I say. I see them walking toward us and watch as Jiyeon tries to busy herself.

"Hey, guys!" Kai says. "How are you guys doing?"

"Good, how about you guys?" I ask calmly trying to distract their attention from Jiyeon.

"Can we sit with you guys?" Sehun asks. I'm about to say it's probably not a good idea when Jiyeon gets up and leaves. I look at Sehun and see something flicker but turns his attention back to us.

We hear a girl scream when I see Jiyeon on the floor. I see Suzy with her lunch all over her. Everyone in the cafeteria is quiet and waits for something to happen. I get up to defend Jiyeon, when Suzy helps her up and walks toward the cafeteria doors.

"I thought that girl was going to do something." Sungjong says. I look at him as he explains. "Everyone said she was famous for getting in fights and was always in the principal's office."

"I believe it." Kai says. "She looks like a troublemaker. My type."

"You don't have a type, Kai." Sungyeol says.

"I know." He says.

"I'm going to check on Jiyeon." I say grabbing my tray and dumping it. I walk out the doors and head toward Jiyeon's locker. I'm going to wait by her locker when I hear voices. I hide between the doorway when I hear the voices come closer.

"You may have helped me but I'll never forgive you for sleeping with Sehun." Wait what? I peek around the corner to see Suzy and Jiyeon standing there.