I Already Knew Her?

Can You Protect Me?

Myungsoo POV

 

I knock on Kai's door and trying to think of why they would keep this a secret. Kai opens the door and I let myself in.

"Close the door." I say and he does as I say. "How do you know Suzy?"

"Myungsoo, I don't want to talk about it." He sits down on Sehun's bed and I sit on his.

"Kai, I just want to know so I know what I'm dealing with." He looks at me and lets out a breath. I don't let my gaze wonder as I look at him. He watches me and then puts his head down.

"You found out." He rubs his hair and lets out a chuckle. "Not surprised. Once I found out Jong-in assigned you, I knew it wasn't going to be a secret for long."

"Kai, I can keep a secret but tell me how you know Suzy because I swear I have seen her before." That's when I see hurt flash through eyes.

"Remember when I said I was going to introduce you to my girlfriend about two years ago."

"Yeah, you were running around bragging about how beautiful she was." I say and think back to when he was so happy and we didn't bother asking questions because we trusted his judgement.

"That was Suzy." He looks at the ground as he continues. "We were happy but I knew who she was so we couldn't have many public dates."

"How'd you meet her?" I ask.

"I met her because of you." Wait, what? "Do you remember that party during our 9th grade year?"

"Yeah, that was the last party I went too because of...."

"You don't have to say her name, Myung. She was a mom to all of us." I feel tears start to build up as I think of her. 

"But I never saw Suzy until school started." 

"Think about it, Myung." He says and I think back to the night everything changed for me.

~Flashback~

"Myung, let's just stay home and rest. It's been a long day." Sungyeol says and I shake my head no. 

"I promised to be there tonight." I say but I just want to get my mine off things. This will be the last time I go. I walk out of the room and head toward Kai's and Sehun's room. I knock and it's immediately opened. 

"What's wrong?" Sehun asks.

"Are you still going to the party tonight?" 

"Uhh yeah, Kai let's go." We run to the fence and lift up the bottom to crawl out. Tonight is one of the biggest parties of the year which is hosted by Nichkhun and Taecyeon. Every year on October 10th they throw a party no matter what day it is during the week. No one understood why they didn't throw birthday parties but this is the only one where everyone is invited no matter which mafia you belong too.

"Sehun, do you know if everyone will be here." Kai asks.

"Probably. Why do you want to see if she is there?" I look at Kai to see him blushing.

"Of course, she's my girlfriend."

"Uh-huh, still don't get why she is dating you." I smirk at Sehun's comment and wonder what makes Kai go crazy about this girl. Kai was known to play with girls feelings to just get what he wants which makes me wonder why he is so caught up with this girl. 

"Myungsoo, are you going to break it off with Ahreum?" I look at him and give him a knowing smile. "Your going to break her heart." 

"I just needed her for a distraction but since...." I trail off and Sehun gives me a pat on the back.

"It's okay, you never liked her in the first place so it's better this way." Sehun says as an encouragement.

"What's your excuse this time?" Kai asks. 

"Well her friend, from what I hear, is very beautiful so maybe I'll go that route." Sehun shakes his head smiling and Kai starts laughing. This is why I don't get why Kai is hung up on this one girl. Kai is the one that thought of the friend excuse. He told this girl he didn't like her anymore because he liked her friend more and let's just say that week was the first girl fight I ever seen happen at school. We get to the party and it's already in full swing. I look around and see Ahreum with a couple of her friends so I walk off into the other direction. I see Hoya and Sunggyu already here so we head toward them. 

Later that night, Ahreum found me and I pulled her into a quiet part of the party to break it off. 

"Ahreum..." I say when she cuts me off. 

"Soo, do you think I'm beautiful?" She asks and I see tears start falling. "My best friend is really beautiful and always surrounded by guys. Everyone wants her, you know. She even gots a boyfriend that is so in love with her but she can't see it." 

"I do know that." I say. I shouldn't say this, I might ruin their friendship. She looks at me and I see pain. "Ahreum, I think maybe we should break-up."

"Why?" 

"It's not working for me and I don't want to drag you along." I say hoping she just lets it go.

"Is it because you met another girl?" So much for hopeful thinking.

"Ahr..." She cuts me off

"Your just like everyone else." She says through tears. "Everyone leaves me."

"Ahreum, your a good girl but were not meant to be together." 

"Who is it?" She asks and I run a hand through my hair frustrated. I feel my phone vibrate and see it's from Sungyeol.

Jong-in organized everything. -Sungyeol

"Who is it?" Soyeon yells at me. 

"Your best friend." I yell back and walk off. I feel someone grab me by my shoulder but I just keep walking until I bump into someone who spilled their drink on me.

"Are you blind?" I yell and look to see a beautiful girl with long black hair who is biting the bottom of her lip. 

"No, are you?" She says back. "You ran into me so no need for me to apologize to a jerk." 

"What?" I say surprised. No one has talked to me like that. I watch as she turns around and heads toward where the drinks are being handed out. 

"Wow. She's feisty." I hear Sehun say. "And she has guts to say that to you."

"She probably didn't know who you are." Kai says as he smirks and takes off in a different direction. He always does that when we go to parties especially this one. Ditches us to go see the girl of his dreams as he likes to put it. Being a somewhat friend hurts when he won't introduce her to us. I look down to see the front soaked so I head to the bathroom to take off the shirt when I see Eunjung yelling at a girl. I continue to the bathroom and take off my shirt and my tanktop isn't wet so I text Sehun to see if I can use his jacket.

I'm waiting in the restroom when I hear someone banging at the door. I open it to see Sehun wasted with a loopy grin.

"Soo, here you go." He says as he slurs and I laugh.

"Thanks." Seeing how drunk they are, that means we should go home soon. I walk around and see everyone enjoying their time. I used to be like them without any worries. I can't believe Jong-in killed her. Sehun and Kai are sitting outside when I find them and I smile.
"Why aren't you guys inside?" I ask.

"Needed fresh air." Kai says but his expression says something else.

"Myung...." Sehun trails off and I look to see his eyes have soften.

"What?" 

"Did you hear about Hwa-young?" I look to see the stars are out tonight.

"Yes but we can't do anything even if we wanted too." I say and that's when I hear yelling.

"You think your so great when deep down everyone hates you and the only reason they hang out with you is because you can get them into parties." I look to see Eunjung yelling at the same girl still. "You can have anyone else but why do you hang onto Taecyeon like he is yours?"

"He's my...." The girl says but is cut off when Eunjung slaps her.

"Your a !" She screams at her and the girl just stands there letting her do what she wants. 

"Shut up, Eunjung!" I hear Kai scream. "What has she done to you? Leave her alone."

"She won't leave...."

"I don't care, leave her alone!" Kai says as he stands up and heads back inside. The girl leaves and I recognize her as the girl I bumped into earlier.

~End of Flashback~

"That was Suzy?" I ask amazed at how I could just brush her off like that.

"Yes. It was her party that they always host." Kai runs a hand threw his hair and I finally take a good look at him to see bags under his eyes.

"You stood up for her. Why didnt I notice that? You were never the type to meddle in things?" I say and piece everything together. 

"I was so in love, still am, with her. I was going to introduce her to the rest of you that night, you know?" He sighs and I watch as his eyes swell up with tears. "She is the only girl that didn't care where I came from or even asked questions about my past."

"What happened with you guys?" I ask cautiously.

"She broke up with me about week later." He fiddles with his hands.

"What is it, Kai?" He shakes his head. "Why did she break up with you?" He looks around the room, avoiding my eyes.

"Her friend, best friend, had died." He runs a hand through his hair. "It hit her hard. They were very close until something happened."

"What happened?" I say. "Kai, you can tell me what happened."

"Myung, you don't want to know."

"Kai, just tell me and I promise to never repeat it again." He sighs then finally gives in as he looks at the ground.

"Her best friend had committed suicide."

"Are you serious?" I asked shocked that someone had to go through that. "Did they say why?"

"Myung, I don't know how to tell you this but I'll tell you." He gets up and shuffles through his drawers before getting out an envelope that is folded in half. "Ahreum was the one who committed suicide."

"That's not true!" I yell and run out of the room. I run until I can't see where I am running anymore. "He's lying, she couldn't because of me......"

 

 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

A/N

Finally an Update!!!!!

Sorry have been busy with school (College Freshman) but I'll try to upload suzy's version by the end of the week.