Finally Home

Can You Protect Me?

Suzy POV

“Ma’am, the flight has arrived.” I open my eyes and see the flight attendant looking at me. I finally get up and see almost everyone has gotten off the plane. I grab my bag and start walking toward the doors. I walk out and see people hugging their families or people with signs waiting for their departed. I look around and see my name in big letters with some man.

    “He couldn’t come himself?” I ask the guy.

    “Suzy, you know he is busy, especially now since you came back.” I sigh and let him take my bags. I follow him to the car and inside I hope to see my dad waiting to surprise me but I don’t. I watch as the familiar roads come into place and see people walking around enjoying there life. I never was able to go around like they do which is why I wanted to study abroad in America where no one who I was.

“We’re here.” I look out and see the gates open to reveal a beautiful house. I laugh when I think about how I was deceived myself when I was younger to think this was a fairy tale house with a garden and a pool. I look to the front doors and see my dad standing with my two brothers. I feel the car come to a stop and take a deep breath. Before I could open the door it was swung open to see Nichkhun grab me and pull me into a hug. When he finally lets go, I am pulled into another hug which reveals my other brother, Taecyeon.

“I missed you so much.” I feel tears roll down my cheek as he whispers into my ear. I look up to see my dad with tears in his eyes as he turns around to go back into the house. I push Taecyeon away and back hug my dad. I know he hates to be hugged but just this once let me hug him. He surprises me when he doesn’t shrug me off. I finally go inside the house to see everyone standing in a line to greet me. I feel uncomfortable and Nichkhun must sense it as he pulls me to his side. I say hi to everyone and hug some people but I feel like a robot when I do that. At the end of the line, I see my three best friends with tears in their eyes and before I could react I was on the ground, crushed by the three of them. Fei, Min and Jia have grew up with me even though they were all older by a year but treated me as a sister.

“You should have called and told us you were coming home we could of went to the airport to pick you up.” I hear Jia say.
    “I thought my dad told everyone I was coming back.” I say and watch as they all look at each other with confused faces.

“Your dad didn’t say anything until we saw him talking to the driver this morning.” Fei says. It all makes sense now, he wanted me to come in secret so Jong-In wouldn’t know I have returned. “Who cares, just as long as you are back.”

They pull me into the room and I look around to see they didn't rearrange the room or even came in here. I smile as I see my favorite stuffed animal that my mom gave me when I was 9.

"Here's your suitcase." I turn around to see three boys or well men now looking at me with tears in their eyes. I run to the one in the middle and hug him.

"Suzy, your hugging me too tight." I loosened my grip on him and hugged the other two.
"Why didn't you call us?" Chansung asks. I avoid their eyes and try to think of how to answer when Junho speaks up. "It's alright. Just tell us when your ready to talk."

"Suzy!!!!" Before I have time to react, I'm on the ground again. I look to see Ji-eun. I laugh and hug her back. We get up and she smacks me on my amr.

"Oww." I rub my arm. "What was that for?"

"For not calling all this time. It would have been nice to know you were coming back."

"No one knew." Junho says.

"No one? Not even you guys." She points to Fei, Min and Jia.

"Nope, we only found after we saw her dad talking to the driver." Min says. Someone knocks on the door. We all turn around to see Wooyoung standing there. I freeze as I see him looking straight at me. I look to his arm to see a scar that looks painful.

"Suzy." I feel the tears well up in eyes. He walks slowly up to me and opens his arms. I walk into his arms and tuck my head into his shoulder. I feel that everything that I have held in, let go as I cry.

I don't know how long I cried but I opened my eyes to see I was still in Wooyoung's arm. We are up against the edge of the bed. I look around to see everyone else has fallen asleep with the addition of Nichkhun and Taecyeon. I grab the pillow next to me and put it into Wooyoung's arm. I get up and try to be as quiet as I can. I walk into the hallway to see everyone has went to sleep but I know one person who never sleeps at night. I go up to the biggest room in the house to see my dad sitting at his desk. I'm about to walk in but I don't want to disturb him so I walk away.

"Suzy." I turn around to see him standing at the door to the room.

I walk into the room and look around to see nothing has changed. I see my mom's candle lit up. "You kept her candles."

"Yeah, the room would feel empty if I didn't."

"Dad, why did you want me to come back?" I ask. He looks at me and I see bags under his eyes.

"Well for one, you saw everyone missed you." I nod my head but look at him for something more. He seems to catch on as he continues. "Jong-in has found out you were out of the country. He is planning something and I rather have you under protection here than in America where I can't see you."

"But you could have just sent someone to watch me like the girls or even my brothers. They would of been happy to be with me." I say.

"Suzy, you don't understand."

"What don't I understand. All my life I have lived scared that I won't live until the next day. In America, I was able to do that." I say.

"Suzy, I don't want to lose you like I lost your mom!" He yells at me. I look at him and everything that happened that night flashes through my mind. I feel the room become dizzy and everything goes blank.