o6.

California
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

My eyes flinched when the sunlight hits my eyes. I slowly open them just to find an empty spot beside me. I was panicked for a while because I’m sure Chanyeol slept next to me last night after things happened. Suddenly, I heard a guitar being played accompanied by a husky voice singing a song that I don’t really know. I shifted my position to find Chanyeol sitting on the floor while playing his guitar. He’s topless, only wearing his shorts. I keep quiet, listening to the song I’ve never heard before until it’s finish before I clapped my hands which makes Chanyeol caught off guard.

“What song is that?” I asked with my hoarse voice. Chanyeol chuckled, placing his guitar back to the bag before slowly walking towards me, sitting next to the lying-me.

“The song that I made. And, good morning.” He said, my head as he leans in and peck my cheek. I can feel my face burning and he noticed how it reddened so he pinched my cheek. “Are you hurt anywhere?” I shake my head shyly, pulling the sheets to cover my body and my face. “Good to hear that.” It feels weird that within one magical night, the affection between us become bold as if we’ve been doing this for years.

“What’s the title?” I ask out of the blue, trying to divert my thoughts. He raised his eyebrows, confused. “The song that you made. What’s the title?”

“You Are.” He replied, changing his position to lying down next to me. I quickly rest my head on his chest and he slipped a hand around my bare waist.

“You’re good at making songs.” I praised and he only hum. “Yeol, I said you’re good at making songs.” I look up to see him staring at the ceiling. “Yeol.” I called him once again and this time he brings his eyes to mine. “Is that it? A hum?”

“What do you expect me to say, pretty?” He my waist slowly.

“I don’t know. A ‘thank you’ sounds nice?” I rolled my eyes and he giggled before giving my head a light kiss.

“Thanks.” He said shortly. “Should we head for breakfast? It’s already 9 and we still have so many places to go.” I nodded, agreed with what he said. “Come on.” He helped me to sit on the bed before he jumped down. He’s looking at me weirdly when I’m only sitting with the sheets covering my body. “What’s wrong?” He asked.

“C-Can you get me my t-shirt?” I asked, pointing at my shirt which is lying flatly on the ground. Chanyeol chuckled, shaking his head.

“Shy?”

“Of course I am!” I furrowed my eyebrows when he throws the shirt to the bed.

“Don’t be. I’ve seen everything last night, remember?” He wriggled his eyebrows and I groan, throwing the pillow to him and he’s only laughing at my action.

We went to the restaurant without taking a bath because Chanyeol said he’s afraid he’ll miss the good foods. The restaurant is packed with the guest that we often brushed with other people’s shoulder and hand. I’m not that tall that sometimes I look like I’m drowning in the sea of people. Chanyeol noticed how I struggled just to follow him around so he reaches out his hand and grab my small wrist.

“You’re so tiny, I can’t even leave you behind.” He chuckled as he carries me through the crowd. We claimed a table for us to eat as we sit down on the chairs. “I have a plan.” He said while munching his spaghetti.

“What is it?”

“How about we visit your brother’s grave by the end of this week?”

I froze for a while, fixing my eyes at his expression, asking myself whether my ears are playing with me or not. Chanyeol noticed how I fell silent so he wrapped my fist with his warm palm before the back of my hand with his thumb.

“Since I’m empty this week and I can talk to Mr. Kim to give you a free time, might as well visit the place you want- no, need to visit.” He said, pulling my hand to kiss the knuckles. I sighed. “Come on, gorgeous. You’ve traveled so far from Seoul and you told me that your brother was the only person who understands you. He must be sad if you don’t pay a visit.” He plays with my fingers.

“You’re going to accompany me, aren’t you?” I asked and he nodded almost immediately. “Okay.” I replied shortly before stuffing my mouth with the salad. Chanyeol’s lips twirl upwards before putting down my hand with one last peck.

“That’s the Baekhee I know.”

 

Chanyeol brought me to the beach right after we packed our belongings and checked out of the lodging. We’re standing on the pier, resting our hands on the fence while looking at the open sea in front of us. “My brother used to say that unplanned trips are the best.” I said, inhaling the air. Chanyeol hummed as he looks around. “He was on an unplanned trip the day God took him away though.” I continue. He glanced at me with his slanted eyes because the sun is shining brightly. “Have you ever gone to an unplanned trip before, Yeol?” Chanyeol nodded.

“Yeah, I have.” He replied. “I went to Arizona with my friends.”

“What’s Arizona look like?” I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter