o4.

California
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The first bus that leads us back home is going to arrive around 5 more minutes and both of us are already waiting for it at the bus stop. Last night Chanyeol didn’t want to talk about his family again right after he told me that his parents died. He looked so down and I just don’t want him to feel sad anymore so I had to divert the conversation. But still, he didn’t look like he was enjoying his time talking to me. Even now, we’re only standing at the bus stop, not saying a single word to each other because it’s still feel awkward.

“Say something.” Chanyeol breaks the ice that he built and I was taken aback that he finally says something.

“Huh? Oh, yeah.” I clear my throat. “I um, I have to perform again tonight and um, if you want to, you can come and watch.” I shrug, not looking at him.

“Didn’t your parents taught you that when you speak to someone you have to look at their eyes?” He asked and I cluck my tongue before I glanced at him in annoyance. I was surprised that he’s actually smiling tenderly at me, a hundred percent different from his expression that I saw last night.

“There you go.” He stuffed his hands inside his coat’s pocket. “So, what time are you going to perform tonight?” He asked.

“Um, 6 PM.” I said, still maintaining an eye contact with him and he nodded, still smiling ever so cutely.

“Okay. I’ll come and watch. The pedestrians will be sad though if I’m not performing today, but I don’t want you to feel sad if I don’t watch your performance. So, yeah.” He jokes and I chuckled, shaking my head.

“Just a couple of minutes ago you don’t want to talk to me and now you’re back flirting with me. So weird.” I scoffed.

“Yeah, sorry. Mood swings.” He pouted, rubbing the back of his neck. “The alcohol brought me mixed feelings. I think I shouldn’t drink anymore.” It’s definitely not because of the alcohol, but I would just shrug it off this time. “Oh, the bus is coming.” He pointed at a certain direction and I saw the bus coming.

“Thank God.” I sigh in relief.

“Aren’t you supposed to be sad that your 12 hours with me is finished?” He teased, nudging at my upper arms and I stuck out my tongue at him, making him laugh. The bus stopped right in front of us and he’s signaling for me to get in first.

“Why should I be sad? I’m going to see you again tonight, aren’t I?” I teased back before going inside the bus, leaving a speechless Park Chanyeol behind me with a playful smile plastered on his face.

 

“Thank you all for coming tonight.” I started, fixing the guitar position on my thigh. The guests clap their hands and some of them whistles at him. “So today, I’m going to sing several Korean songs if you guys don’t mind?” They cheered for me because majority of the visitors are also Korean. “Wow, the atmosphere is amazing tonight.” I chuckled.

“You’re amazing!” Shouted one of the visitors and the rest of them laughed at that person. I glanced at the person who shouted earlier and it happens to be Chanyeol. I giggled when he winked at me and I shake my head in disbelief.

“Thank you.” I said and they clapped their hands again. “The first song that I’m going to sing is IU’s song ‘Someday’, I hope you’ll like it.” I said and they clapped their hands again. I started strumming the guitar and I glanced at Chanyeol who’s looking at me with a warm smile on his face so I smiled back at him.

I hope this tears will stop running someday
Someday after this darkness clear up
I hope the warm sunshine dries these tears
When I feel that I’m getting tired of looking me exhausted,
I want to give all my dreams I’ve kept hard
Every time I feel that I’m lacking in many things more than I have
I lost strength in my legs and drop down

I see how the guests are enjoying their time and I find myself looking at Chanyeol and he nodded, smiling at me. He closes his eyes before I started to sing again and I feel satisfied with what I’m doing right now.

Everyday I hold out comforting myself “it’ll be alright”
But it makes me afraid little by little
I tell myself to believe in myself, but I don’t
Now I don’t know how longer I can hold out
But wait it’ll come
Although the night is long, the sun comes up
Someday my painful heart will get well

I finished the song and everyone cheers for me, including Chanyeol. I sing several more songs before suddenly, someone interrupted me when I’m about to sing my last song. “Please sing a song with that guy who used to sing o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter