o3.

California
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ever since that night we went home together, I always find myself waiting for Chanyeol to finish performing his song on the street. When he noticed that I’m standing not far from where he’s sitting, he would smile and tell the pedestrians that it would be his last song for that day.

“How was today’s performance?” He asked while putting back his guitar into its bag.

“You should make your own album.” I replied, helping him zipping the guitar bag. “Your self-composed songs are beyond comparison.”

“Yeah?” He chuckled and I hum as a respond. “Do you want to sing with me sometimes?”

“Who? Me? Nah, my voice is not that good, you know.” I shrug as both of us started walking towards the bus stop.

“Why not? You have good knowledges about music and you sing well too.”

“You never hear me sing.” I rolled my eyes and he chuckled again.

“You think?” I snapped my head at him and he whistles. “I went to your café several days ago when you were performing Eric Bennet’s ‘Hurricane’.”

“You what? Why didn’t you tell me!” I slap his upper arms and he laughed.

“You never invite me to see you performing so I’m curious. You sing very well, you know. You’re good at playing the guitar too. I thought you could only play basic chords, but you’re more than that. Let’s sing with me!” He wriggles his eyebrows and I cluck my tongue at him. “Oh, come on, sweet cheeks!”

“Don’t flirt with me. You look like an old man trying to get a much younger girl. So, no, sugar daddy, no.” I shake my head, fastening my pace to get to the bus stop earlier. I can hear Chanyeol laughing while trying to catch up with me.

“Hey, it’s still 9.” He glanced at his watch. “Let’s go somewhere.”

“No, thank you. I want to have a good sleep-“ I couldn’t even finish my words when Chanyeol grab my hand and run, making me run too. “Chanyeol! What the hell!” I yelled, running with him while trying to release my hand from his grip but he’s only laughing.

“If I don’t do this you would never come with me!” He replied, running faster. People are staring at us weirdly, but finally I broke into laughter at what we’re doing and when Chanyeol realized that I won’t pull my hand, he slow down so that I could run next to him. He entwined our fingers and I smile at how he’s beaming with his infamous gummy smile.

“So, what is this place?” I tilt my head at an old-fashioned shop in front of us.

“Let’s get in. You’ll see.” He smiles, pulling me inside the store with our hands still connected. “Jaewon! I’m here!” He suddenly calls out someone when we’re already inside. I figure out it’s an old music shop. They have CDs, cassettes, records, even some turntables. A guy in his 30s with his light brown hair went out of the door and his lips twirls upwards when he saw Chanyeol.

“Yeol! My brother!” He chirped. Chanyeol didn’t release my hand when that guy named Jaewon gave him a bro-hug. Jaewon’s eyes landed on our entwined hands and he wriggles his eyebrows. Chanyeol noticed that so he quickly released our hands and I suddenly feel cold at the loss contact.

“Um, Baekhee, this is my friend, Jaewon. Jae, this is my-“

“Girl friend?” Jaewon widened his eyes in full anticipation.

“No.” I replied coldly.

“No, no, no. She’s my, um, friend I guess? She’s Baekhee. We met months ago and she’s new here in California.” Chanyeol explained and Jaewon mouthed ‘ah’. “She worked at Bourbon Street Café now.”

“Bourbon Street Café? It’s my friend’s café!” Jaewon clapped once and I raised my eyebrows.

“Mr. Kim?” I asked and he nodded furiously.

“Is he still chubby?” Jaewon laughed and I giggled, nodding at his question. “That guy.” Jaewon shakes his head. “You work there? As a?”

“Oh, um, she’s a performer there. She sings well.” Chanyeol joins in and I pinched his waist. “Ouch! Hey!” He furrowed his eyebrows.

“You sing?” Jaewon asked and I bite my lower lips before nodding shyly. “That’s great! You must have known about our Yeollie here.” He pats Chanyeol’s shoulder. I furrowed my eyebrows and shake my head.

“What about him?” I asked. I saw how Chanyeol glanced at Jaewon and he shakes his head with a sad smile plastered on his face.

“Oh.” Jaewon commented after he saw Chanyeol’s reaction. “Um, Chanyeol here is very popular with pedestrians.” He forced a chuckle. “Oh! What kind of music are you fond with?” He asked all of the sudden.

“Uh, I don’t know. I like everything.” I shrug nonchalantly.

“Then, do you have old singers that you really like?” Jaewon stepped away from Chanyeol.

“Eric Bennet or Frank Sinatra, I guess? Stevie Wonder is good too.” I repl

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter