UNIVERSITY LIFE AND I LOVE YOU NOT

WE BELONG TOGETHER

 

Amazingly hyeri and i enrol into the same university. Sadly we are being separated by our dorm. Sunggyu went to another university major in history while insoo went to study social sport in other university because he is in a national rugby team. Almost every day i chat with sunggyu using internet. It is much more than i chat with my twin. Hyeri also being so silent and i don’t know why. Suddenly sunggyu ask to come to my university. With giddiness i tell him that i will be waiting. I call hyeri to tell her and ask her to meet him together but she just says no. She is busy. Busy? I think she is hiding something from me. But i will not force her. She will tell me when she is ready.

                That weekend, sunggyu comes pick me up at my dorm and we went to a waterfall. He surprises me with a bouquet of flower and gift.

                “What is wrong with you? Giving me flower and all?”

                “Nothing. It just that i miss you babe” he smirk

                “Cut it off. By the way thanks for the gift”

                “Welcome. Why hyeri doesn’t want to join us?”

                “Maybe because insoo is not coming?”i laugh but sunggyu face tells differently

                “hyorinnie, hyeri didn’t tell you did she?” he ask with a serious tone.

                “What? She’s been busy these past weeks. I hardly see her”

                “insoo is engaged with his course mate. 2 weeks ago.” I bewildered to hear that. As far as i know, both of them like each other and why insoo doing this to my twin. She is so fragile and i am a bad sister to not noticing it.

                “That is why she so gloomy. What is wrong with insoo?. Where is he? I want to kill him” i stand up and luckily sunggyu grab me.

                “Relax. I did not come here because of their problem. I come here because i miss you. Will you forget about that just for a while?’

                “Are you crazy?, no”

                “hyorin... come on. Just let them are,” I shook his hand and went inside the car. I’m mad at myself for being a bad sister and mad because sunggyu does not understand me.

                “sunggyu, you should know that i love my sister more than anything. Are you my best friend? Can’t you understand me?”

                “But hyorin, i just come here. I want to spend time with you” he pleads. It does affect me but my sister is much more important to me. I just shrug and ask him to drive me back. All the way back to my dorm i just keep silent while sunggyu hold my hand. He’s like trying to convey some message to me but i could not process it. I bid him goodbye as fast as i can and run to my sister dorm.

                “hyeri...open up” i practically pound on the door but to my surprise her roommate open up the door.

                “urm...hyorin-yang. You’re looking for hyeri? She’s not here. She left saying that she wants to go to the library. But hyorin-yang, you’re twin acting weird for these past few weeks. She sometimes cried in her sleep. Her phone always ringing but she just ignores it” Hyeri roommate reports to me. Jeez i’m such a bad sister. I am. Even as a twin i didn’t notice her changing. She had suffer because of that jerk and i just busy with sunggyu.

                “komawoyo yejin unnie. I will find out about that,” i bow to her and start to call her. After a few times, she answered.

                “hyeri, where are you?” i half screaming. And then i heard a muffle sob

                “Tell me where you are right now hyeri.”

                “At the lake near art faculty” her voice croaks.

                “Wait for me there. I will fetch you. You did not bring your car right?” i starts to run to my car and step on the gas. When i arrive she is there alone by the lake looking like a lost child. I run to her and hug her while whispering sorry words. She just smiles but there are tears in her eyes.

                “Its ok hyorin unnie. Heartbreak are meant to be. But what i regretted most is that he still act the same the day before he announced his engagement and a few weeks of silent from him. After that he started to call me again. What should i do unnie?” she starts to cry again. Gosh she calling me unnie symbolized that she really needs me because she always a bit mature than me although i’m her big sister by 5 minutes.

                “hyeri mian. Let’s go somewhere else this weekend together. To clear up your mind because i know that i cannot do anything about your heart but i promise i will be ther for you” i hug her.

                “But wait. Aren’t you seeing sunggyu? Where is he?”

                “I ditch him for you moron. I know this all from him because you won’t tell me remember?. He already went back to his university. “

                “But hyorin, he came far here just to see you. Why did you do that just for me?”

                “Because he did not understand how important you are for me”

                “Oh hyorin uniie i love you in a sibling way” she laugh. It is nice to hear her laughing again.