Chapter 8

Can't Let You Go

 

You were taken to the 2NE1 dorm by CL, her excitement giving her enough strength to literally drag you all the way. When you reached the dorm, you were greeted by Dara, who was cleaning around the entrance, and then by Bom and Kaerin, who were discussing about something. ‘Girls, night out tonight at 8! Seungri is taking us all to a family restaurant he wanted to go to. Dara-eonni, could you go tell Jenna and Leo about it?’ CL said while continuously dragging you across the dorm, shoving you into the bathroom. ‘Take a shower, and then I’ll get started!’ She said, closing the bathroom’s door. The bathroom was a light shade of pink and had everything a bathroom could have, you took of your sweaty clothes and entered the shower cabin. Thanks to a shampoo that was left open, the smell of mint invaded your nose. After showering and putting on your underwear that CL had gone to get at your dorm, you carefully poked your head out of the bathroom door, only to see the YG girls looking at you with a playful look in their eyes. As you got closer to them, they each took a side to you and started working on you. Dara was in charge of doing your nails, painting them in beautiful and appealing pastel colours; Kaerin, the make up expert was in charge of giving you a more refreshed look, while keeping the make up simple; Jenna was in charge of the hair-do and finally, CL and Minzy had gone into the girls walk-in closet to pick up your outfit. ‘Thinking this all started as a way to save her from being Seungri’s next prey, and here we are, getting her even prettier than she already is.’ Said Kaerin, while applying BB cream on your face. You didn’t know how to take in that sentence, but a fraction of second later, CL barged in with the clothes and said, “‘Cause our objective isn’t making her pretty for Seungri, but for the male population in general! Don’t you think just because you’re going out with Jiyong you’re the only one with rights around here!’ All of the girls laughed, including Kaerin. Then you understood that none of these girls were like the ones you met before, which words had most likely a hidden meaning. Here they say things to tease each other without hurting them. You were touched by this and tears started falling freely from your eyes. ‘Hey! No ruining my masterpiece!’ Said Kaerin while reaching for some tissues. Minzy lowered herself, putting her hands on your knees and facing you. ‘Something wrong? Did we say something bad?’ Her worried puppy eyes made you feel bad at crying without an obvious reason. You glanced at CL that was leaning against the wall and after she nodded at you, you decided to tell the girls all the torments that you had gone through at Cube. You weren’t one to blab on to everyone about your problems; however, you just felt that these girls were not only willing to listen, but to actually care about the hardships you went through and help you with them. And you genuinely felt the will to return that willingness. After finishing the whole story, most of the girls were in tears, and Jenna was even blowing her nose from crying out of compassion  after you reached the Hyunseung part.

            ‘And that’s why we are taking this girl out to check the market! We, the ones who are taken shall help the single ones. I call this plan, Market Prospection!’ CL said while getting back on her feet, breaking the half moon that had formed around you. ‘But eonni, I told you that I quitted dating for now…’ You answered quietly, afraid of sounding ungrateful of her efforts. ‘Hell nah! Banning dating will only make you keep those memories fresh and your feelings will linger for longer. You need some distraction!’ And with that, she handed you the clothes, the rest of the girls who had finished their parts, like Dara, Jenna and Kaerin, had went and get ready themselves. You looked at the clothes the 2NE1 girls had picked; black leggings, a bright pink skirt with small black polka-dots, a simple, thin, loose white sweater and a pair of black and white heels. To match, CL handed you a black leather jacket that was purposely slightly over-sized. ‘This is our style, so I don’t know if you like it… But just give it a try for us, ok? And that’s my good luck jacket. It helped me in romance before, so I hope it does the same for you.’ She smiled while saying that, and called you to sit on the leather sofa next to her. She had already gotten herself ready; she wore baggy jeans with a blue and green striped tank top with heels similar to yours but in different colours, and her hair was tied up, her trade mark bandana giving the final touch. She looked simple, yet beautiful. You had to admit to yourself, even if the clothes were… gaudier than what you were used to wearing, you felt good and confident in them. It just confirmed the conclusion you had taken from the recent happenings. Change is good for you. No matter how abrupt and unexpected it seems. Trying not to look uninterested or reserved, you decided to ask a question that had came up before in the conversation. ‘Neh, eonni, before you said Kaerin was dating Jiyong, and that you had luck at romance with this jacket… How are the love lines happening here, if it’s okay for me to ask?’ You shyly asked, since you had only been here for a couple of weeks. ‘Honey, don’t feel so shy! I know you probably feel like the outcast, being here for a little only, but you can trust us, and ask us anything. We are your sisters, we bonded! Believe me, we either let people in, or not. You are in, honey, you are like a sister now!’ She hugged you, making you feel the truth in the words she just spoke. ‘Kamsahmida, eonni.’ You said, hugging her back, another stray tear appearing on your cheek.

‘Aish! Girl, you cried too much already for a day. So onto the good stuff! The love lines in YG. But first, I know this probably isn’t necessary, but this is an utter secret. And something not to discuss in front of Papa YG, though he probably knows of everything.’ You nodded, silently accepting the conditions for knowing the information. ‘So, the ones who are not single around here are me, Kaerin, Bom and Dara. Now, can you guess who is dating who?’ She said, changing her sitting position in order to face you. ‘I can only say about Kaerin-ah and G-Dragon-ssi, since I heard you speaking earlier.’ You answered, mimicking her actions in order to also face her. ‘Yeah, those two have been together for a year already. She’ll eventually tell you more about it later on, since she’s that kind of person, but I must say that she is the perfect girl for him, she helps him stay out of trouble and .’ Her eyes gloomed for a second, making you curious about the story behind it, but understanding her reluctance on telling you, you kept your question to yourself, and decided to wait for a better time. ‘But, continuing, then there’s me! Though I should keep myself for last, because this is usually the most shocking one out of the bunch…’. ‘Just say it, eonni!’ You said, laughing, joining her playful mood. ‘Okay, okay… I’m dating Teddy, for two and a half years already.’ She blushed, looking at you straight in the eyes so you saw she was serious. Your jaw literally dropped to the floor. After processing it, they actually fit each other quite nicely, from what you had seen from Teddy as an YG fan, since you had only met him once while officially being presented to the whole staff. ‘Ah… after thinking, you two probably are a perfect match!’ You said, smiling at her. ‘Yeah, we are… I am truly happy! Though it would be controversial as hell if it was known!’ worried flashed briefly through her eyes. ‘But moving on! Drum roll for the next one…’ she did the sound effects by hitting her hands on the sofa cushion, ‘Bom and Dara are dating people out of the agency! For Dara, she is dating her brother’s sunbae~~. Can you guess which?’ You thought a little bit before answering. ‘I really don’t know…’ She giggled a little bit. ‘With her funny personality, she could only be dating a babo like her! She’s dating Lee Joon, but it’s a fresh thing.’ You were surprised once again. These were people you really believed that were single, and knowing it all at a time was amusing you, but it took a while to process it all. ‘Ah… This is so interesting eonni! I would never expect these pairings!’ CL giggled loudly, ‘Then you really are in for a surprising one with Bom. She’s dating an actor. No one else than Lee Min Ho.’ Your eyes enlarged in surprise once again. ‘Jinja!? Aish, this really is unexpected. But as long as everybody is happy, I can understand and easily accept it all.’ A knock on the door ended your gossiping, and as the girls returned, all wearing similar fashion to yours, it moved you once again. ‘So, the boys are ready, should we go see what charming princes await us?’ Jenna said, while putting on lip gloss with an excited look. ‘Weren’t we only going to have dinner?’ You asked. ‘No, we’re going out later on! We called our personal connections. You’ll be meeting a lot of guys tonight! But you should take a look at our available ones! They are nice guys! Even Seungri is… Sometimes.’ That last remark made everybody laugh loudly, making you all heard in the lounge area of the building, where the guys wondered what kind of things you girls were doing instead of meeting them, when it was already past the time. ‘I believe in you eonni, but I prefer keep the dating ban applied to the company part, at least. I won’t date a colleague ever again.’ And with that, you girls took the elevator and went to meet the guys.

            Little did you know that the more you deny a possibility the more chances it has of happening. 

 

____________________________________

 

I'm sorry for the long hiatus, but school didn't allow me to post anything x.x So here is the long awaited chapter of my fanfic. Please continue to read it, since the TOP x You action is just about to start! And Hyunseung might come on around the next one as well~~ 

 

Also, I leave you the photo of the skirt and the shoes: