Chapter 6

Can't Let You Go

 

You were taken aback by the impact. The man stared down at you with what you thought was an angered expression.

            ‘I’m so sorry, I wasn’t looking… I’m sorry’. You bowed, afraid of the anger of the strict looking guy. From behind, you heard sustained laughter, and G-Dragon patted your back. ‘Relax. It’s just Tabi, he won’t get angry at you for just bumping into him!’ He had a reassuring smile on his face, and when you looked up at the man, you recognized him as T.O.P. from Big Bang. He was controlling his laughter, and after getting away from the entrance, he patted your head lightly and smile at you. ‘You have nothing to be sorry about, it was an accident.’ And he proceeded to make his way into the dorm. Stress took you by assault, derived from the nerves you felt from bumping into one of the most amazing rappers in Kpop and from actually getting to know one of your idols. This day was unexpectedly eventful, and as a result, your brain turned your conscience of for a few minutes, and when you regained it you were standing in front of your apartment door with G-Dragon accompanying you to help carrying the boxes. You still had some empty ones left in your apartment after the ‘Everything Must Go’ rampage after the whole Hyunseung ordeal.

            ‘It will just be a minute, Jiyong-sunbae.’ He nodded in understanding and waited by the door, checking something on his top-of-the-line cell phone. You turned the lights on and went into the living room, an empty cardboard box already in your hands. You looked around searching for the basic necessities you would need at your place. You went into your bedroom and packed enough clothes for a week, which should be enough before you come and pick up the rest. You took another look and noticed the empty photo frames, the dust mark of the objects that you had thrown away the night before. All of those were related to your past relationship. You started to remember the times you had came up to this bedroom together, the nights you slept in his arms. This moving would be beneficial to you, it would make you able to cleanse your heart and soul from any remains of that person. Your new apartment in the YG dorm would be like a clean canvas, a new beginning. You needed it, so you could just let the past die.

            After 15 minutes, you were already on G-Dragon’s car, three medium-sized boxes packed with the minimal things you needed: clothes, bathroom supplies, laptop, kitchen ware, some books and miscellaneous stuff you couldn’t live without. You had asked G-Dragon if you needed to take some food with you for dinner, and he told you that since a new member had entered the family, you would all go out and celebrate. You were already feeling overwhelmed with happiness, and that small event just continued to feed that feeling. ‘This is where I belong.’, you thought to yourself. And it was. When you arrived back at the dorm, the whole group was already there waiting for you two. Seungri rushed towards you to pick up the third box that you were carrying. You clumsily made your way to the elevator and the three of you stood in front of the metal double doors. As you stood inside the elevator, G-Dragon put the box in the ground and said he would have to go by his bedroom. A few seconds later, the elevator’s bell rang, stopping at the 3rd floor. G-Dragon nodded his head at you and left the elevator. When the metallic doors were closing, Seungri suddenly jolted and put his foot between them, turning to you in a very anxious manner. ‘I remembered I have to pick up my jacket from the dorm, I’m so sorry, can you carry these by yourself?’ You were taken aback by his sudden reaction, and nodded weakly in reply. As he left running, you stared emptily at the horizon, not even noticing that the door’s had already closed and that you were at your dorm room’s floor. You picked up two boxes and kicked the third one out of the elevator, looking around trying to find the right door. You walked a little bit, still kicking the third box around, until you found yourself in front of a door with a metal tag with your name on it. You put down the boxes and reached for the keys in your coat’s pocket, the ones that YG-ssi had given to you earlier. As you turned the key inside the lock, the door opened up into a room that was much more modern than what you had expected. It had a clean look, with only the necessary furniture, but at the same time, up to the latest deco trends. The dorm was basically an open studio, with a big living room that incorporated the kitchen and a small corner office and a bedroom that was separated from the main area by two huge sliding doors. In the living room there was a three-seat sofa with a small glass coffee table and a LED screen in the wall. On the other side of the room, before the bedroom entrance was the kitchen, to the left, with a fridge, a stove and a balcony with a sink and some pots. There was a small café table put by the window with two with chairs next to it. On the right, there was the small office themed corner, with a desk, equipped with writing supplies, a lamp and a small mat for you to place your laptop on top of. Apart from that, there was a big empty space in the middle, where you could easily practice your routines or simply relax by doing some yoga. Moving on to the bedroom, you automatically fell in love with the king-sized, fluffy looking bed. It had such a casual look, the kind of bed you saw in those magazines that pictured the ideal single young person’s bed. Apart from the bed, there was a big wooden closet and a small chaise-lounge. Finally, there was a door that led to a small simple bathroom. You put the boxes next to the chaise-lounge, and quickly sprayed some perfume on before leaving the dorm. You walked back towards the elevator and clicked the button, whistling while you waited for the lift to come up. You heard footsteps coming from behind you, and when you looked back, you saw T.O.P., walking towards you. Your heart started beating slightly faster, but you dismissed it as nervousness for being alone with such an important person. You had just come out of a major heartbreak, so any romantic feelings should remain dormant for weeks, at least. When he reached you, he stood by your side. ‘Are you excited with joining our family?’. ‘Yes’, you replied, looking down at your shoes. This was the man you idolatrized since their debut, answering him while looking into those deep brown eyes was too much of a goal to achieve so soon. ‘Don’t be nervous, relax. None of us bite, you know? I’m excited too, it’s like having a new little sister to take care of.’ The bell rang and the metallic doors opened. ‘Ladies first.’ He gentlemanly gestured for you to enter first, and so you did, bowing your head afterwards. ‘I hope we get along well’, you said to him, in response to his warm words. After he got in, the doors closed and you headed for what would be one of the funniest nights you have had in the last years.

 

Two weeks passed since you first moved to YG, and you couldn’t be happier. At the welcoming dinner, you had all headed to Garuso-gil and stopped by Se7en’s restaurant. You had a spicy food contest, which turned out to be hilarious with many of the guys tearing over the fire-hot food. Afterwards you headed to a noraebang and ended up getting drunk. You had dance practice with 2NE1 and the other trainees in the morning, and with all the hangover that could be felt in the room, you ended up looking like zombies. You participated in a lot of the practices and you went through some individual evaluations, but all went fine and bit by bit you assured your place at YG. By the end of the month, YG called you into his office, saying he had matters to discuss with you. After your vocal lessons, you went to meet YG at his office. After knocking on the door, you went in and comfortably sat on the chair in front of his desk, where just a few weeks before you had sat so nervously. YG, or Papa YG has you had started calling him soon, made sure to develop deep bonds with his trainees, almost like father-like. He looked up from the papers he was writing on smiling, and pulled up a file from a drawer and handed it to you without a word. On the top of the paper the words ‘Collaboration’ where written. You curiously averted your eyes to the rest of the text, where a proposition was explained. After reading the entire document, you were speechless. YG had chosen you, out of all the trainees to perform a duet with T.O.P. They were going to continue with the GD&TOP album promotions, and he was going to promote his solo song, ‘Of all day’, but in order to catch more audience and to make way for your debut, they had chosen to modify it into a duet. Enjoying your reaction, YG looked at you with an amused expression. ‘Is this for real?’ you asked, putting down the papers on the glass surface. ‘You bet it is. And it’s serious business so I expect you to work hard.’ A deep voice was heard from the other side of the office. T.O.P. was sitting in the sofa all the time, but you had failed to notice him in your carefree mood. He got up and leaned against the window, right next to the company’s president. ‘Do you want to do it?’ YG asked you, offering you a pen. T.O.P. had a quirky smirk on his face, has a kid who had just gotten a new toy. Since you joined, you didn’t interact much with each other, since you worked in different areas and seldom saw each other apart from the group gatherings in the dorm’s common room. You were much closer to Seungri, who had been putting his moves on you since the dinner, saying cheesy remarks at you and always treating you to things. You felt bad for accepting his offers and letting the remarks pass by without a response but you did not feel attracted to him but as a hoobae, you did not want to get in bad terms or seem disrespectful towards him. It wasn’t annoying and sometimes it made you laugh, so you just let it pass. ‘But why me?’, you asked as your mind was having a hard time processing this choice. You did not necessarily stand out from the other trainees that where here for longer than you were, and that were far more talented. ‘I personally chose you, and YG-nim agreed. You have the spunk and the looks that fit right into this song, and I think you could help some recognition before you advance onto further projects. Basically, I think it will be amusing and a good test to your worth in the company.’ He smiled, pointing at the project. ‘Are you in, or not?’. With those words, said with a challenging tone, your heart and mind decided together, and your hand wrote your name in agreement line.

            By writing those words, you were going to accept the events that would trigger an unexpected turn in your life.

 

[I know this is short, having in account the amount of time it took for me to write it, but I had a severe case of writer's block and it can be seen in the quality of this chapter. However, I'll try to write the next chapter soon and with a better development. I'm sorry >.<']