Chapter 7

Can't Let You Go

 

                You lacked words for this situation. This sudden development had taken away all of your breath and you could have sworn your vision went blurry from the excitement. Writing the letters of your name on that simple black line, with the simple black ink pen, was one of the biggest decisions you took. That signature opened the door to your first project. Your first chance to become someone in the industry. To be known. To be one step into your dream.

                ‘Are you sure you want this? Do you understand the responsibility you’re accepting?’ T.O.P. asked, with an eyebrow raised in amusement and teasing.

                ‘Yes, aramnida.’ You took that attitude as a challenge, ‘I will not disappoint you, Seunghyun-sunbae.’ You responded as you bowed deeply. He let a small smirk appear on his face, ‘Let’s work hard together then, hubae.’

 

                Later on that day, you were practicing in one of the smallest dance studios on your own, when Seungri entered the room, two bottles of Sparklingade in his hands.

                ‘We just came back from recording the CF… And I knew you were practicing and they gave us some extra bottles, and I thought you might be thirsty… so…’, he nervously said, a small red tint coloring his cheeks. ‘Thank you, Panda-sunbae’, you replied as you took the bottle from his hand, giving him a teasing smile.  ‘I heard you accepted the project with Tabi-hyung’, he sat down next to the door, nervously playing with the bottle cap. ‘Are you training for that already?’ You stopped dancing. ‘No, I’m just keeping my skills up. Practice makes perfect, right?’ You said as you did your stretching. You ended the sentence while doing a split, and noticed that Seungri had a slight blush in his face while averting his eyes from your flexible body. You pushed away the idea that he was having less proper thoughts due to your provocative position. ‘You really do work hard, huh!’ He laughed nervously and kept fidgeting with random objects near him. ‘ Did you really come all the way here just to give me a drink?’ You didn’t mean to sound rude or annoyed, but you didn’t like having your private practice interrupted or observed. It was the time you took for yourself to find your faults and work on them. ‘Mianhamnida sunbae, I didn’t mean to sound so rude…’ You slightly bowed your head. ‘No problem. You’re right, I didn’t.’ he got up and took a small blue paper card from his jacket, ‘I wanted to show you a really nice family restaurant I know. I’ve been wanting to go there but I wanted to find someone to keep me company.’ He handed you the card that had his phone number on it. ‘Call me when you’re ready, I’ll go and pick you-’, ‘Oppa! Did I just hear you needed company? ‘Cause Jen, Bom and me were talking about going out for dinner!’ CL erupted into the room, blinking at you before putting her arm over your shoulder as she stood next to you. ‘You can call the rest of the guys and I’ll call the rest of the girls, and we’ll have a “family” dinner again! Kaerin was complaining about how we didn’t do anything for weeks now!’ Seungri’s face was frozen in a mixture of shock and disappointment, then he slowly out a fake smile on and said ‘Yeah, I’ll do that. 8 o’clock at the dorm’s lobby, ok?’ And with that, he left the room, followed by a gloomy aura reeking of disappointment.

                After the door closed, Cl twirled to your front with a curios set of eyes staring into your confused ones. ‘I’m sorry, but Seungri has the habit of hitting on the new girls and I kinda got used to dealing with the situations. But if you, you know, like him, I’ll put everything back in place and back off!’ She said quickly, making sudden hand gestures with her hands as she spoke. ‘No, no worries Eonni. I don’t think of Seungri-sunbae in that way. I’m actually on a self imposed dating ban right now, and I’m thinking of putting a permanent ban on dating colleagues.’ You showed her a humble smile, still slightly confused because of the whole ordeal. ‘What? In YG we don’t actually have dating bans, it’s just a cover up for those press hyenas. But what happened? Come on, you can trust your Eonni.’ She gestured you to sit down on the matted floor area in the dance studio. CL transmitted a calm, peaceful, trustworthy feeling, so you opened up to her and told her about all of the recent happenings.  You let it all out. It was actually the first time you opened up to someone about your heartbreak. It made you feel better even if you had already let that go a little bit, lately, since you hadn’t had time to think about anything, thanks to your life, now a twist of new emotions and opportunities, leaving no room for past tragedies.

                Still, without you noticing, tears were running down your cheek, and CL pulled you into a bear tight hug, her own face wet with tears. ‘____-ah, lets forget about this and go party, okay? We should be getting ready for a hot night out!’ She went back to her cheery self, getting up and pulling you with her. ‘Grab your stuff, we’re going back to our dorm.’ You picked up your belongings and locked the room, going straight towards and adventure you were not waiting for.