Hurt

Comfort
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seungcheol hadn't talked to Jihoon in three years, not since he told Jihoon about his proposal to Jeonghan. Following that day, Seungcheol had tried all methods he could think of to contact Jihoon and failed miserably. Jihoon had apparently gotten a new number, wouldn't respond to emails, and even moved out of his apartment. It was known to Seungcheol that Jihoon disliked social meida, so that was out of the question. Seungcheol had no idea of what was going on in Jihoon's life, and if he didn't know better, it was as if he hadn't existed in Seungcheol's life at all.

Three years ago, Seungcheol could've easily said he was the happiest man on Earth. However, if you were to ask him now, he would say he felt like scum, like trash, like nothing. "I should've planned for the wedding to be sooner... He wouldn't have left me...," he would say. In the past, Jeonghan had insisted that the wedding happen as soon as possible, but Seungcheol claimed that it would be better to find stable jobs instead of depending on their parents. That was the worst decision Seungcheol had ever made because just last year, Jeonghan canceled the wedding to be with another man, one that was taller, kinder, and more handsome. A man that gave Jeonghan everything that Seungcheol could and couldn't.

Throughout most of his life, Jihoon had always been by Seungcheol's side in times of heartbreak. So when Seungcheol experienced the biggest heartbreak of his life, he felt completely lost without Jihoon by his side like in the past. He fell into a deep pit of despair, one that he only recently managed to crawl out of. The only thing Seungcheol had now was his lyrics.

Seungcheol was a decently known lyricist known as S.Coups, who was often praised for his realistic portrayals of love in his work. However, without music to go along with them, his lyrics were just words on a page that told stories of love and heartbreak. Since he had become a lyricist, Seungcheol had been searching for a composer to partner up with. A few weeks ago, he had finally managed to find a composer willing to work with him. Woozi was a well known composer who was famous for the wide range of genres in his music. Woozi's compositions ranged from catchy pop songs to beautiful ballads to amazing EDM songs. To say Seungcheol was honored to work with such an amazing partner was an understatement.

Today was the day that he was finally going to meet Woozi. Seungcheol went to his workplace, Pledis Entertainment, as usual. Seungcheol was told that Woozi would meet him in his studio, and so he walked to his studio feeling excited, nervous, and astonished at the same time. Seungcheol took a deep breath before opening the door to the studio.

Seungcheol did not expect to see his former best friend sitting in front of the soundboard, messing with the buttons and switches to produce impressive-sounding music. Hearing the door open, Woozi, or Jihoon, turned to look at S.Coups, his eyes widening in surprise. Jihoon's formerly bright pink hair was now a soft lavender color, and the red t-shirt Jihoon had worn the last time Seungcheol had seen him had been exchanged for an unfamiliar peach sweater that seemed to be a couple sizes too big. ("Of course he's wearing a different outfit

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter