Final

Comfort
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seungcheol loved Jihoon. Jihoon was in love with Seungcheol. But loving someone and being in love with someone are two different things. To Seungcheol, Jihoon was his best friend, his advisor, someone he could depend on. To Jihoon, Seungcheol was so much more than that. However,  Seungcheol was completely oblivious to Jihoon's feelings, and Jihoon wanted to keep it that way.

Jihoon was scared. Afraid that if he said something, then their friendship would be gone. So instead he found content in the few moments where he could be in Seungcheol's arms, when he could comfort Seungcheol as if they were lovers.

Seungcheol's first love was an innocent love. Seungcheol fell in love with Jang Doyoon in his first year of high school. Gentle hugs, innocent kisses on the cheek, and shy hands holding tightly to each other were displays of affection that Jihoon commonly saw when he was around the couple. And although he had the urge to intrude and take Doyoon's place, he didn't. Instead, he only watched their affectionate acts quietly.

Realistically, most first loves don't work out. That was the case for Doyoon and Seungcheol. Doyoon's parents had to relocate for their job, and as a result, the couple was separated by miles and miles of land. Seungcheol spent the first weeks after his break up crying alone. Eventually, he went to Jihoon for comfort, and Jihoon provided him with caring words and comforting hugs until he was finally able to move on.

Hong Jisoo was Seungcheol's second lover. Jihoon didn't know exactly when they got together, but he heard it was during the winter of their second year of high school. Jihoon often saw them smiling at each other during class, playing footsie under the table at lunch, and talking by the lockers. Gentle hugs, innocent kisses, and shy hands were exchanged for playful embraces, passionate lip locks, and confident shouts of "See him? He's mine!"

But like Seungcheol's first love, this one didn't last. Jisoo's highly religious parents didn't approve of their relationship, and being the obedient son he was, Jisoo followed his parents' wishes and ended it. This time around, Seungcheol came to Jihoon immediately, and once again, Jihoon was the one who help

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter