First snow (첫눈)

High School Love On

Shin Hye's POV

I smiled as the snowflake landed ever so gracefully onto my outstretched palm. I felt a pair of hands slowly gripping onto my waist, and he pulled me closer to him until my back hit his chest.

"It's the first snow." He breathed. (T/N: When couples see the first snow together, they are destined to remain together forever in Korea)

I looked up to see Zico gazing down at me, his hands wrapped around my waist, and immediately a sense of calmness took over my being. I turned around and pressed my face closer to his toned torso, as his familiar scent hit me.

"You're not supposed to be out. The nurse said you still have to rest." I said, even though a big part of me wanted to stay in his arms even for just a few more seconds.

"Then I guess I have to go back." He shrugged light-heartedly, giving me a playful grin as he released me from his grasp.

"Wait! Actually on second thought can you just stay with me today." I blurted, blushing slightly.

"Okay, that's what I was planning anyway." He chuckled and took my hand, leading me to a park.

"You cold?" He asked.

I hadn't noticed it, but I was freezing. It was snowing for the first time this year and I wasn't at all prepared for it, so I was still wearing the thin hospital shirt beneath my vest.

"Not really." I lied.

"That's why you're shivering, huh?" He snickered, removing his coat and placing it gently on my shoulders.

"But—"

"Stop lying to me anymore. I know everything." He said. I looked up at him questioningly.

"You can count on my 12th placed brain to know everything about you. And by the way, for your information I know what CL said to you, and I know why you couldn’t agree to being my girl, so stop lying to me anymore." He continued. I stared blankly. "I…uh…" I stuttered, How did he know? And he had risked his life to save me at that….

 

Zico's POV

 

She looked so cute in the oversized coat I had just placed over her. And she looked even cuter as she gave me that shocked look when she found out how much I knew about her life. I watched her closely as she bit her lip anxiously, and I couldn't resist. I leant forward and felt my face a few inches from hers.

 

Shin Hye's POV

 

Zico suddenly placed his hands on my shoulders and looked deep into my eyes. "Baby girl…" He whispered. I felt my heart racing wildly, as my eyes traced his soft, plump lips, which had traces of snow on them. Before I knew it, his lips were pressing against mine and I could hear his ragged breathing as he ran his tongue over my lips, waiting for my permission. The snow was getting heavier and I could feel the pelts of snow on my hair, but I didn't care. I opened my mouth to let him enter, and he slowly slipped his tongue in. He pulled me closer, nibbling my upper lip with his teeth, causing me to groan as my heart beat ferociously.

 

"AW WE SAW THAT!" Out of the blue, 5 boys jumped out from the bushes, each of them smirking so wide as if they had made a great discovery. I pulled away hurriedly.

"Shut up." Said Zico, clearly disappointed. Wait, was he blushing?

"If anyone else actually saw that no one will be scared of you anymore dude." The shortest guy commented, laughing hysterically to himself.

"Wow…it's the first time I've actually seen you doing that. If only you did that to us too…" Whined the tallest guy, whose low husky voice seemed a unique match to his baby face. Zico glared at them.

"Anyway, we are Block B. And I'm JiHoon." One of the guys reached out for a handshake.

Zico slapped his hand away. "Don't touch my girl." He said protectively.

"It's okay, Zico, I don't actually mind—" I was about to say. "But I do." Zico answered before I could respond. I gave JiHoon an apologetic look.

"Okay so anyway, we are Zico's friends and we just got the paperwork done to transfer to his school, which would be your school too, right?" JiHoon continued. I nodded.

"Yeah so, I'm JiHoon, this guy here is Taeil, and the rest are Jaehyo, Yukwon and Minhyuk." The guys grinned, a little excitedly, as each of their names were introduced. "We're here cause Zico said you needed protection from someone called CL? And we're here to help out." I nodded the second time.

"Anyway, how did you even get Zico to like you dude? Zico's been telling us lots about you…about how he loves you so much—"

"Shut up. You make me sound so cheesy." Zico growled. JiHoon ignored him.

 "And how he's so sad that you keep rejecting him—"

"Really now, say anymore and I'll punch you." Zico threatened, showing JiHoon his clenched fist.

"Zico…don't be so violent." I chided. He went silent for a few seconds and withdrew his hand.

"Guess I can’t punch you anymore then." He said to JiHoon, who smirked.

"Let's go."

Zico hooked my arm with his and dragged me away. "See you soon." I turned around, mouthing to JiHoon and the other guys who were standing around. They waved back enthusiastically.