Reflection

High School Love On

I found the house, or was it more a mansion. It was incredibly huge, with dozens of windows on each floor. I mustered my courage and knocked on the door hard.

There was no response.

I was getting worried. What if he detests me now? For abandoning him and ignoring him for so long?

I knocked harder. There was nothing. I shook my head and turned away, disappointed. I hated myself for doing this to him; I had been so ignorant.

The door swung open suddenly. I jumped and turned around.

Zico stared blankly at me, his brows furrowed. I locked eyes with him, staring back hard.

I didn't know what to say, and my heart was racing so quickly. I bit my lip and tasted blood. I had missed him, period.

Without a word he pulled me close and hugged me tight. My eyes widened in surprise.

"I didn't know you would come." He whispered softly into my ear before I could react. I said nothing.

Zico pulled me into the house, closing the door behind us. 

"I -" I started. 

"D'you know how much I missed you?" He cut in, glaring at me. 

I felt so guilty. 

"I'm so sorry." I said, averting his gaze and hanging my head low. 

A few seconds of silence followed.

"It's okay." He said after a long while, rolling his eyes. "Everything's okay as long as you're mine now." 

He softened, patting me reassuringly on the back and pursing his lips. 

I rested my head on his chest, and I felt him kiss my cheek. I turned my head to look up at him, and before I knew it he leant forward, nibbling the skin on my neck softly. 

"Zico?"

"Hmm?"

"Um..."

That night I slept over at Zico's house.  

~~

I woke up with Zico's arms around me. He was sleeping so peacefully. I scanned his face and fixed my gaze upon his full lips. I leant closer to him, and closed my eyes, until my lips were in contact with his.

Zico stirred as I fidgeted in his grasp. I immediately drew back.

"You're awake?" He looked up groggily.

"Yeah." I replied, gazing into his deep blue eyes, which looked exceptionally beautiful today.

He ruffled his hair. "I forgot to tell you something yesterday."

"What?" I asked, cocking my head sideward curiously, as he caressed my cheek. 

"I just signed a contract with YG entertainment. I'm debuting soon." He said.

I thought YG entertainment doesn't take looks into consideration…did they sign Zico because of his looks? I mean…Zico couldn't sing or dance right?

As if he heard my query, he continued, "I'm a rapper. Wanna see?"

"Since when?" I said jauntily.

"Um…like since forever? I learnt it from Ji Seok." He said. The moment the word 'Ji Seok' came out from his mouth, he hardened. His smile disappeared and he froze.

"Zico?" I asked concernedly.

He turned away.

"I'm sorry about him." I said sympathetically. His expression looked exactly like me when my father had passed on, and I had weep for several weeks.

"Did you know about him?" Zico asked, turning back to face me.

"Yeah." I said truthfully. "You okay?"

Zico pouted his lips and closed his eyes.

I took it as a sign to kiss him.

~~~

We put on our school uniform, with Zico lending me his (it was the same uniform for both boys and girls). He pulled the front door open and extended his hand in the most gentlemen like way. I took it, and he smiled at me. He put the other hand on my shoulder and pulled me close. I giggled. It was going to be a good day.

---

And then I saw CL standing outside the front gate glaring at us. She had witnessed everything….