Dead Leaves

High School Love On

"Are you okay?" Zico was frantically shaking my shoulders.

I shivered. "Don't touch me, you gangster." I spat.

Zico looked away, and I could see how hurt he was.

I wanted to hurt him even more.

He had promised me on many occasions never to revert back to his violent ways, yet I had just caught him almost beating a guy to death.

How could I entrust my life to someone like that?

"No, you don't get it, I was – " He said desperately.

I sat up and faced him. "No. You don't get it." I cut him off. "My answer to you is no. I would be embarrassed to have a boyfriend like you."

I drew myself to my full height, turned my back on him, and trudged off into the rain.  

He was yelling my name from where he stood, and I wiped off the tears that were welling up in my eyes. I would not bring myself to weep over of the loss someone like him. It was all an act, him acting so civilized in front of me, and then doing things that he knew I would never condone behind my back.

 

I made Zico move out of boarding school the next day, since he was so rich anyway and could afford to buy a house for himself, to which he reluctantly agreed after seeing the look on my face.

My new roommate was Park Kyung, who was ever so responsible, clean, and well mannered. My life had definitely took a turn for the better, yet from time to time I would miss the pranks Zico used to pull on me. I shook those thoughts away; it was all over now I had seen his true colors.

 

Zico's POV

I swallowed my anti-depression pills. It felt like my heart was ripped into pieces again as I pictured her turning her back on me. I had yelled for her, called her name desperately, and she had ignored me.

I was so wrong, I should have held myself back, I should never had beat the guy up, no matter how bad a guy he was. It wasn't worth all this. I missed her so bad.

I had to see her.

I grabbed my phone and wallet and ran towards the boarding school. Her room was on the first floor, and the curtains were up. I hid behind the column and peeked.

She was playing a computer game with Park Kyung. They were sitting too close and she was smiling too widely. She turned towards Park Kyung and I saw her lips move. He laughed and grabbed her hand.

"Stop…touching her…" I muttered under my breath.

She looked at Kyung again and giggled, before drawing the curtains and leaving me staring at the silhouette of her figure. I closed my eyes. I was about to lose my mind.

 

"Damn, though I swallow pills, though I take 100 steps
It won’t past, it keeps rewinding
The fog will disappear but the moon is already covered
The me inside the mirror is like a monster, my head feels like it’ll explode
Put makeup on my inner thoughts, so my sadness doesn’t smear
Don’t confuse the ideal with real
Lost my way inside a whirlpool, feeling empty in my chest
Is this rock coated in mud, a pearl
Who is going to tell you, don’t be so sad
In order to be reborn, I’m dying right now

A place I don’t know, in a place that I can’t reach
Is my abandoned spirit
The wind blows sharply, making me crash
And I’m trampled into the ground
The faintly seen color disappeared
My frame that has half fallen away
And I in the Spring, who was so vibrant 
I’ll fade away while longing for her"

Dead Leaves (Zico)

 

~~~~

Author's Note: Don't worry guys they will make up soon enough (: