CHAPTER FIVE

Born to be

the loved one

tumblr_m1gu84fMXu1rsv0mzo1_400.jpg

»  tumblr_nrcjrkbmtO1scm9d0o1_r1_500.gif

Song YunHo was furious and nothing could calm him. He had ransacked his entire room at the Choonhwagwan, scaring away all the gisaengs. He did not want to believe what had happened. He was so close and yet again everything slipped through his fingers.

He tossed another plate at the wall, causing it to break into fragments. His bloody hand was giving him no pain compared to the despair he felt in his heart.

‘You’ll bleed to death’ he heard a familiar voice, the only voice that could calm him. It was her again, Hyang. The Hyang who would always be on his side no matter what. All of a sudden he felt exhaustion and compelled by some unnatural force he took her in his arms. Her fingers rhythmically his hair, bringing him sudden peace. Song YunHo always was thankful for the day he laid eyes on her.

 

3 years ago.

YunHo had just been appointed minister and couldn’t be less ecstatic. He was invited to a gathering of high and powerful ministers, all of whom controlled the court at their fingertips, and now even YounHo had a place among them. It was a merry gathering at a brothel with soju, dancers and tons of gisaengs. He had never been within the company of such beautiful women before, women who unabashedly threw themselves at men. It was a new sight. It was around midnight when the merriment got over and people began to leave. YunHo’s blood was thick with intoxicants and yet a single desperate scream made him more awake then he ha ever been. Unthinking his feet led him to the place of the scream. He knew someone was hurt and that he had to save that person. He barged into a room and saw a sight most disgusting. A young girl lay on a mattress while a vile monster of a man lecherously leered at her, forcing her. The girl had terror in her eyes and that sight caused YunHo to point his sword at the man without so much as a thought. The drunk geezer spouted nonsense and within a few seconds the room was swarmed with gisaengs.

‘High Lord, it was the childs’ first time. Everyone is bound to be afraid. It is common. The brothel’s maiden explained after the drunk man was kicked out and the terrified girl was sobbing noiselessly in the corner.  YunHo snorted.

‘A girl so young must not be forced to take part in such vile acts’

‘You forget Lord, she must pay back her debt to this brothel and-’

‘I will pay back her debt, so let me take her with me’

The brothel maiden gasped.

After a few settlements YunHo was riding down on his horse with a beautiful eighteen year old clinging onto his back.

It was a few months later that she began to talk to YunHo and share friendly banter with him. She brought a smile on his face without even having to try. Later on on her request she was admitted into the Choonhwagwan, a prestigious brothel where men could only do as much as the woman pleased, as YunHo’s personal gisaeng. It was here that he was given her new name, by YunHo nonetheless. Hyang.

 

Present day.

Yunho woke up with Hyang laying peacefully beside him. He traced her soft features with his hand and got up. He had work to do. If he hadn’t succeded in one plan he could always make up another. This time he had to make sure he succeeded. This time it would not be dependent on Gaya.

tumblr_m1gu5vMEe21rsv0mzo1_400.jpg