Year 1

7000 Days

This is where we first met. We were 4 at the time. You weren't like the normal girls that just chilled on the swings and talked about being beautiful and nice things. No you were one of those girls who teased the prissier ones with a stick that had a worm on it. Inside, I knew you were just different. I had just moved here because my father got a new home. You lived here all your life, and knew your way around. You were going to be the one to help me navigate through this crazy place and I knew we were going to be good friends. When you stuck your finger up your nose and the stick in my face, I was genuinely happy. I found my first friend, and when we held hands, before you wiped it on your skirt to clean the booger off, my heart started racing. I knew you were the one for me. Even though the highest number I could count to was possibly 100. I knew words like 1 billion, 1 trillion, 1 gazillion... but 7,000 was the perfect number.

"Hello! My name is Yixing and I'll love you for 7,000 days!" Giving you my prize posession, my mom's old wedding ring and putting it on your finger. I wasn't sure what I was thinking. I was 4 at that time but I haven't regretted giving it to you. (Even though my mother disciplined me that night forgiving her things away so recklessly.)

"7,000 days. I promise.. baobei."

And yet you still insisted on poking me with a stick.