Year 4

7000 Days

I see you made friends. I did too. When we were separated in the cafeteria, the boys had to sit together and far from the girls. I wasn't sure why. Why was the school system trying to break up our future romance, I never understood. I met these guys, their names were Kris, Luhan and Tao. They made me feel welcomed because I was Chinese like them, in this korean society, it felt nice being with my people. And you found pretty girls for you to hang out with as well.. it's okay, I still think of you and I look over to you and I smile because you were having fun. Though, I get saddened sometimes, I miss when 2 years ago when it was just us two on the swings making noise and playing. Is this what love feels like? Even though you were close by. You started hanging out with them, I started hanging out with them. I just wish nothing comes between us baobei.. you were my first friend. And even so, I wish to be closer to you, even though you always smush my face and told me that you would just see me later. Our parents really like being together, and I was happy for them so you started coming over more and more, sometimes a little late than usual. After all, we made other friends. I just hoped that you still think about me when you're over there and when you look down at my ring, you smile and think of your chinese friend over here.