Chapter 7a

Watch The Throne

Watch The Throne

---Chapter 7 part 1/2---


Jaejoong let out a sigh before looking up at the clock, 7:06 AM. The council was late –not that Jaejoong was surprised as they always got here at 7:30 despite Yunho scheduling the meeting at 7 sharp.

 

What surprised Jaejoong was that Yunho was late, he was always early or on time. Always! Jaejoong glanced at his phone, which displayed no notifications. Another sigh escaped his lips.

 

He then opened his notebook and decided to look through all the tasks for the festival, which loomed over them though everything was ready to go. The festival preparations hadn’t been stressful, like they had in the years past. Jaejoong gave himself a mental note to thank Yunho for that.

 

He leaned back in his chair and was in the middle of stretching when the door suddenly swung open, causing him to jump in response. His eyes snapped upwards to glare at the culprit who turned out to be none other than Yunho. The younger boy stood in the doorframe with a paper bag clenched between his teeth, a box in one hand and a tray of drinks in the other.

 

“You’re late,” Jaejoong scoffed earning a playful roll of the eyes from Yunho who leaned over the table and let slip the brown paper bag, allowing it to land with a soft thud on the table.

 

“I know, I know –I’m sorry,” Yunho apologized, a small smile on his face as he placed the box and drink tray in front of Jaejoong. He then sat down next to the other before he continued. “I didn’t know what you would like, so I got an Americano, Mocha, Vanilla latte and mint tea, so choose whatever,” he explained before lightly pushing the tray towards Jaejoong.

                                                                                                                               

The older of the two blinked in confusion for a brief moment before humming in thought and grabbing the mint tea. “Thanks,” He mumbled before taking a sip. A light blush rested itself on his cheeks upon noticing Yunho’s gaze on him.

 

“There’s muffins as well,” Yunho then informed as he opened the box, displaying said pastries.

 

“That’s not enough for the entire council,” Jaejoong pointed out as he held his tea between both palms for warmth while he eyed the pastry box.

 

Yunho chuckled while resting his head on his palm and looking to Jaejoong. “I know. It’s all for you.”

 

Yunho chuckled and again, Jaejoong blushed.

“Okay…” Jaejoong trailed off, no other words seeming to form. He looked down at his drink and circled the lip of the cup, feigning interest in the steaming hot liquid before him.

 

“That’s an awfully nice way of saying thanks,” Yunho teased as his hand fished through his bag, pulling out his agenda soon after.

 

“Isn’t it though?” Jaejoong remarked cheekily, his deep-embedded confidence returning the second Yunho’s eyes were off him.

 

“Mhmm,” the younger hummed, sparing a glance in Jaejoong’s direction before skimming through the pages of his agenda. “I’m glad we’re doing so well,” he then said, his eyes glued to the scribbled notes in his book.

 

“Are we?” Jaejoong muttered out of boredom, his eyebrow cocking upwards upon meeting Yunho’s confused eyes.

 

“It was a rocky start but things have naturally fallen into place,” Yunho pointed out, followed by a shrug of his shoulders.

 

“Let’s not lie, we both know whom to thank,” Jaejoong replied before his lips curved into a playful smirk while he looked at Yunho through his bangs. Both had done a lot, and maybe Yunho a tad bit more but both of them also knew that Jaejoong wasn’t one to admit that.

 

“Of course, thank you for all your efforts Jaejoongie, I’ll treat you to lunch,” Yunho assured, his eyes suddenly landed on the back of Jaejoong’s hand which rested on the table. Yunho looked deep in thought for a second before he inched his own palm forward and rested it over Jaejoong’s. He lightly Jaejoong’s knuckles before looking back at the older boy whom was staring back with an amused expression. 

 

“Are we moving too slow?” Yunho questioned as he raised his elbow on the table in order to rest his chin in his palm.

 

“Aren’t we?” Jaejoong rebutted, his eyes burning up, daring Yunho to say otherwise. Yunho however, missed it entirely as he chuckled and removed his hand.

 

“I don’t think so,” Yunho claimed, earning an unnoticed glare from Jaejoong.

 

“It’s been five days and that’s the most skin-ship we’ve had so far,” Jaejoong pointed out. He pulled his own hand back into his lap, a quick wave of irritation overcoming him.

 

“Exactly it’s only been five days,” Yunho nodded, a smirk evident on his mouth as he turned back to look at his notebook once more.

 

“Your type is the worst!” Jaejoong snapped as his eyes narrowed into slits while his gaze burned metaphorical holes into the younger. If Yunho was offended he didn’t show it instead he simply shrugged and met Jaejoong’s eyes with indifference.

 

“If all you want is than hire a hooker,” he replied flatly, not sparing another glance in Jaejoong’s direction as he returned back to his notes. The older boy on the other hand, blinked several times and by the time Yunho’s words finally sunk in, he was shaking with anger.

 

Just before Jaejoong opened his mouth to give Yunho a piece of his mind, the other student council members began to pile in, each of them mumbling a quick greeting before being seated. The Toho High vice-president’s anger wasn’t making any move to subside any time soon. He bit his lip as he grabbed his lukewarm tea and shot up from his seat. With a single step he found himself behind Yunho before his wrist twisted sharply, successfully pouring the liquid onto the younger’s head. 

 

“Maybe I will! It’ll definitely be a step up from you,” he then snapped before slamming the cup down onto the table and storming out of the council room.

 

 

“So… let me get this straight! Yunho bought you muffins and coffee, and in return you dumped tea on his head?” Yoochun gawked, his eyes wide and mouth agape.

 

Jaejoong and Yoochun currently sat at a lunch table in the cafeteria. It wasn’t lunchtime yet, but they had snuck out a couple minutes ahead of time so they could actually find a seat

 

“Well when you say it like that, it sounds horrible –but Yoochun seriously! How could he say that! Me wanting to hold hands and yeah maybe kiss every now and then–” Yoochun snorted before making gagging sounds. Jaejoong instinctively slapped the other’s shoulder in response before continuing “Anyways! It’s not too much to ask for. I wasn’t even thinking of ! And why the hell did he deem it appropriate to bring up hookers? He’s horrible!”

 

“Okay maybe… But in a couple minutes you could enjoy free lunch with Yunho! Tempting, eh?” Yoochun pointed out, a smirk plastering his face while he wiggled his eyebrows.

 

“As if!” Jaejoong huffed as he placed his elbows on the table and rested his chin in his palms. “I don’t want to look at his face until he apologizes!” he added before sticking his nose in the air.

 

“Ah Jae, you’re really something else,” Yoochun chuckled just before the bell rang and the students began to crowd the lunchroom.

 

“Jaejoong!” A voice called out, forcing said boy to raise an eyebrow and turn to the figure that was grinning down at him.

 

“I’m Changmin, mind if I sit?” The boy asked before sitting down opposite to Jaejoong without an answer. Jaejoong pursed his lips as he stared at the younger boy with a quirked brow.

 

“Okay… so?” the older brunette questioned irritably.

 

“So… I heard that you were overseeing the food stands for tomorrow’s festival and me, being the sweet and kind person that I am, decided to offer my assistance,” Changmin replied, his sugary tone causing both Yoochun and Jaejoong to cringe.

 

“No thanks,” Jaejoong replied flatly before turning back to Yoochun who was rolling his eyes at Jaejoong’s antics.

 

“Aw Jae, let the kid help!” Yoochun urged despite Jaejoong’s glare.

 

“Listen to Yoochun,” Changmin nodded, his cat like grin remained plastered to his face.

 

“You know my name?” Yoochun questioned, looking to Changmin before furrowing his brow and turning back to Jaejoong whom seemed awfully uninterested.

 

“I know everything about everyone,” He shrugged in reply.

 

“Everyone?” Jaejoong scoffed.

 

“Yes, for example, I know you, Kim Jaejoong, former elected student body president of Shin Ki high are currently amidst a power struggle between Yunho and yourself. I also know that your position as vice-president at Toho High is only due to pressuring Yunho.”

 

“If you’re trying to bribe Jaejoong, it won’t work. He’s pretty shameless,” Yoochun stated sternly before turning to Jaejoong and shrugging at the elder’s displeased stare.

 

“So am I. That’s why I’m hoping to do business with you. You need dirt on Yunho? I’ve got it all,” Changmin nodded, the blacks of his eyes dancing mischievously under the bright lights of the lunchroom.

 

“All you’re asking for is a position at the food stands?” Jaejoong asked with eyes narrowed dangerously.

 

“Not exactly… more like free food from the food stands,” Changmin corrected, still bearing a wide, innocent-like smile.

 

“First give me details, then I’ll think about it.”

 

“Deal. Anything you want to ask specifically?”

 

“Dating life,” Jaejoong blurted out, cringing soon after upon realization of how eager he sounded. Yoochun chuckled in response for which Jaejoong elbowed him. Changmin on the other hand, looked confused or maybe it was disdain. Either way he didn’t seem pleased.

 

“Really? Yunho’s dating life is going to help you become student body president?”

 

“You never know,” Jaejoong responded, attempting to sound as casual as possible.

 

“Erm… Okay…” Changmin mumbled before looking deep in thought, his smirk reappearing suddenly as his gaze caught on something –or someone, at the entrance of the lunchroom. “How perfect!” He sniggered. Yoochun and Jaejoong followed his line of vision to see Yunho laughing next to… What was her name again? Jaejoong’s brow furrowed in thought.

 

“Boa and Yunho go way back,” Changmin smiled as he turned to look at Jaejoong, whose eyes remained on the two, giggling about something –though Jaejoong was positive it wasn’t even that funny.

 

“Oh really? Go on,” Yoochun urged, looking to Changmin while an amused smile sat on his face due to the dark aura formulating around Jaejoong.

 

“Boa’s had a crush on Yunho since middle school. She used to follow him around back then, nonstop. They’ve known each other since they were in diapers,” Changmin explained, completely unnoticing how Jaejoong’s eyes had become thin slits at this point.

 

“Yunho has always been academically inclined so naturally he became friends with those similar to him. For example, Kangta –he’s a year older also former student body president. Anyways, Yunho got into the student council because of Kangta,” Changmin then said, glancing over at the two who were now ordering their lunch, still laughing much to Jaejoong’s dismay.

 

“Boa’s not the sharpest crayon in the box but she tagged along and basically did whatever Yunho did. The fact that she liked him was painfully obvious, but of course Yunho is just as painfully oblivious in that area.”

 

“Irregaurdless, when Kangta graduated middle school, he came to Toho High, leaving Yunho as the student body president at our middle school. That’s also around the time Boa and Yunho started dating –”

 

“Dating?” Jaejoong resounded, wide eyes as his head snapped towards Yunho and Boa, whom were now heading to sit at a small table alone.

 

“Yeah, they dated a while actually, broke it off mid-first year, here –at Toho. Kangta had been pretty clear that he didn’t like Boa one bit. They broke it off cause of Kangta. Boa stayed out of the council for her first year. Second year she worked hard and Kangta allowed her to join though begrudgingly. To be honest, now that Kangta is completely out Yunho’s life, I’m betting Boa and him will get together.”

 

“I doubt it,” Jaejoong snapped, contradicting his actual thoughts. His eyes locking on to Yunho who continued to chat away with Boa, not bothering to even look in Jaejoong’s direction.

 

 

Jaejoong was fuming as he hurried out of his last class, all day went by and Yunho hadn’t reached out to him even once. He wasn’t even sure why he was so angry, yes the comment Yunho made earlier hurt but that wasn’t entirely it anymore. He was more so angry that Yunho had lunch with Boa!

 

He pushed all his duties onto Changmin, and gave Yoochun a heads up that –no, he wouldn’t be coming to rehearsals. He would use the rest of his afternoon to figure himself out because surely, there’s no way that Jaejoong could possibly be jealous considering he only started dating Yunho a mere five days ago.

 

The first thing Jaejoong did when he got home was throw his bag to the side and sprawl onto his bed, gazing up at the ceiling while his brain throbbed painfully at the mass of different emotions crawling within his head.

 

He didn’t like Yunho that much! He only dated him because he was decent looking and it was convenient. As rivals it was a form of truce, why else were both of them so willingly to form a relationship when they barely knew a thing about the other? It was like… mutual security! As long as they ‘dated’ neither could nor would harm the other.

 

He then reminded himself that, that was their reality. He wasn’t jealous, he was simply angry that the unspoken truce between them had fallen apart. Because, according to Jaejoong, there was no possible way that their relationship could dig deeper than the surface.


Hey there~!

I'm back! I know for a while there it looked like I abandoned the fic but honestly, it wasn't like that --not entirely at least.
I did forget about it for a month and then the remaining several months it was at the back of my mind.
I just couldn’t make time to write anything but fortunately I had finally gotten time.
It was written sloooowly but surely so all is well!
--------
        Now! I know it’s shorter than usual but it’s a two parter,         
 the next part is longer and it will be uploaded in a couple hours, 
                         once I’ve gone over it so, expect it!                           

ps. Part 2 of Chapter 7 has a kiss scene, hehehehehehehehehehee 
--------

Anyways, I don't think I can say this enough, 
thank you all so, so, so, so much for reading and commenting and upvoting and subscribing~! 
Much, much love! <3