Chapter 5

Watch The Throne

Watch The Throne

---Chapter 5---


Yunho beamed as he held up three fingers while entering the club from the back door. The boy who opened the door for him nodded before be ushered them in.

 

“Big boss isn’t in so don’t worry too much, just enjoy,” The boy explained before raising his palm, Yunho grinned as he high-fived the boy before stepping out of the entrance way to allow the other three to enter.

 

“Yah Junsu!” The boy cheered as he fist-bumped Junsu whom grinned in response. 


“Hankyung, what’s up?”

 

“Nothing much. Just cause Yunho’s busy doesn’t mean you should become a stranger,” He chided though clearly only playfully joking.

 

“I can’t come alone, Yunho’s my only friend,” He whined before sticking his bottom lip out while moving aside from the doorway.

 

“Yah! What excuse is that? Aish this punk,” Hankyung scoffed before clicking his tongue and ruffling the younger boy’s hair. “Ah, no friends? Then who’re they?” He questioned, as he looked pointedly at Yoochun who stepped in followed behind Jaejoong, one step behind.

 

“This is Yoochun and Jaejoong, they’re new friends,” Junsu introduced with a happy, very obviously proud smile.

 

“Hey,” Yoochun greeted before shaking Hankyung’s outstretched hand. Hankyung then gave a nod towards Jaejoong who replied with a small ‘Hi.’

 

“Well, as always Junsu, wear these please,” Hankyung urged as he handed a pair of sunglasses out of his pocket to Junsu. “You’re eyes are too baby-faced, it’ll be obvious you’re a highschool-er,” he added with a shrug, causing Junsu to point but pull on the tainted shades.

 

“Now, don’t be upset Jaejoong, but the cardigan is a little too classy for a club… Hmm… Leather jacket is a good touch Yoochun,” Hankyung mumbled, barely audible to the four boys surrounding him. “Maybe shades would work better for you too Jaejoong…” Hankyung trailed off before pulling off his pair of sunglasses and handing them to Jaejoong who reluctantly accepted.

 

“Hyung! let us go already!” Junsu whined when Hankyung still stepped back and looked them all over once again. The older boy let out a laugh before backing up and motioning them to go ahead.

 

“You’ve been here a couple times so you know the place, go ahead. I need to check the sound system so see you guys in a few,” He explained before walking up the stairs, leaving the four of them in the dark.

 

“This way,” Yunho said jutting his chin out to indicate the direction. Once they exited the room they were met with a narrow hallway. When Yunho pulled open the door, instantly lights of all hues fell in, igniting their own faces.

 

“So ready,” Yoochun grinned as he stepped past the door and into the back of the nightclub. Jaejoong felt a shiver run down his spine as he took in the smell of alcohol and sweat. It was so unfamiliar but thrilling.

 

“We didn’t come here to watch,” Yunho teased as he lightly poked Jaejoong’s upper arm. Jaejoong’s gave Yunho a slightly irritated look before pulling his arm away.

“Let’s take pictures!” Junsu suddenly urged as he pulled out his phone and wrapped his arms around Yoochun. Taking several pictures before moving to Yunho, then heading to Jaejoong who pushed Junsu away lightly, hoping he’d take a hint.

 

“Come on Jae, take one!” Yoochun insisted. Jaejoong opened his mouth to reply back with a firm ‘no’ but an idea crawled into his mind and he quickly snapped his mouth shut and looked to Yunho.

 

“Chun take a picture of us together,” Jaejoong smiled as he pulled Yunho next to Junsu and stood at the end. Junsu instinctively wrapped his arm around Jaejoong’s shoulder until Jaejoong slapped it away. “Take it!” he then urged looking to Yoochun, leaning away so there was a small gap between Junsu and himself, while Yunho and Junsu were leaning against each other.

 

Jaejoong smiled once the picture was taken before he took his phone back from Yoochun and examined the image. He bit his lip to keep himself from smiling; Yunho and his stupid contagious smile were beaming back at him from his phone screen. He tore his eye away from Yunho and scanned the image as a whole. He could easily crop himself out and no one would be the wiser…

 

“Looks great!” He then declared looking at Junsu and Yunho who were watching him, still in their respective poses.

 

“I want a copy,” Yunho said as he walked up behind Jaejoong and looked at the photo. Jaejoong let Yunho look at the photo before he turned off his phone and slipped it into his pocket.

 

“I’ll send it later,” Jaejoong shrugged when Yunho gave him a strange look. Yunho then reluctantly nodded before he observed the dance floor and turned his head to Junsu with a smirk engraved onto his face.

 

“Looks like we’re getting free drinks,” Yunho grinned as he motioned to one of the bartenders who was casually talking to several men crowded around her. 

 

“But Soojin didn’t give us free drinks the last time,” Junsu reminded, his eyes fixated on the DJ. “Ah Yoochun see that DJ, he told me I’d look good with long hair, hey I’ll introduce you to him since you both have long hair!” Junsu grinned before tugging on Yoochun’s arms, both of them disappearing into the crowd.

 

“Junsu is weird…” Jaejoong stated emotionlessly as he turned to Yunho who burst out laughing before letting out a sigh.

 

“Junsu is Junsu,” he nodded before pulling off his beanie and running a hand through his hair. Jaejoong frowned as he found himself watching Yunho’s every move with such intensity, he turned away with flushed cheeks, mentally thanking the color-tinted lights.

 

“Should we get drinks? They carry non-alcoholic beverages as well,” Yunho assured before his lips and beginning to walk forward without actually waiting for an answer. Jaejoong huffed lightly to himself before following the taller boy, in hopes of not being left alone in this unfamiliar surrounding.

 

There was really no place to sit at the bar, all the older people, mostly male sat on the bar stools watching the college students shake their hips and grind against each other, flame of desire burned strong within their eyes as they evidently checked each passing byer out. Jaejoong cringed as Yunho lead them to one empty chair, two middle aged men on either side.

 

“Sit,” Yunho ushered as he patted the empty seat as he leaned against the counter. Jaejoong felt a small wave of guilt having Yunho stand there but that guilt quickly turned to annoyance as Yunho’s torso was now directly in Jaejoong’s line of vision.

 

‘Why is he wearing such a baggy hoodie? It really doesn't let me see anything...’ he internally whined before face-palming himself for his own thoughts. Again he thanked the club for its lights, preventing anyone from seeing his pink tinted cheeks.

 

“Yunho~!” A voice cheered loudly, causing Jaejoong to snap his head to the owner. Soojin, whom Yunho and Junsu had talked about ealier, stood grinning at Yunho. Jaejoong was examining Soojin when he heard Yunho say his name. Suddenly Soojin was turned to Jaejoong, offering him a frantic wave.

 

Jaejoong almost choked on his own saliva before waving back and requesting some water.

 

“This is your first time at a club and you want water?” Soojin chuckled as she pulled out a water bottle from under the counter and poured it into a glass, sliding it towards Jaejoong afterwards. Jaejoong gave a quick smile before swallowing the water down and looking around, realizing the man sitting next to him was staring at him. 

 

Jaejoong scrunched his nose before turning his back to the older man and finding himself directly facing Yunho's torso once more. He sighed to himself before looking up at Yunho who was looking down at him and chuckling. Again, he blushed.

 

“That creep keeps looking at me,” Jaejoong frowned in his defense as he held the cold glass of water against his burning cheeks. Yunho raised an eyebrow before looking over Jaejoong’s head at the man. Jaejoong opened his mouth to tell Yunho to stop staring so blatantly but Yunho’s face suddenly tightened, seemingly angry.

 

“Kindly off!” Yunho snarled before wrapping his arm around Jaejoong’s shoulders and bringing him against his chest. Jaejoong bit his lip so hard so was sure he was bleeding, his entire body burned in embarrassment but rather than pushing Yunho away he inhaled the other’s boy ­cologne and for a second he felt calm. Everything around him became hazy and then suddenly Yunho’s arm was no longer around Jaejoong’s shoulder.

 

“Sorry, I should have warned you about the amount of erts here,” Yunho said sheepishly before giving Jaejoong a comforting smile, which did it’s job as Jaejoong smiled back, biting back the grin that threatened to etch itself onto his face.

 

“It doesn’t help that you’re wearing a mesh top, totally y,” Soojin added with a quick wink before grabbing another glass and filling it up with a bright blue liquid and handing it to Jaejoong.

 

“My treat, as an apology for our older customers,” Soojin said giving a look of disgust to the man who was now scrambling away. Jaejoong nodded deciding that if Yunho was going to make him feel like a school girl all night, he’d rather let loose.

 

Jaejoong took a sip and was met with a satisfyingly sugary taste, quickly followed by a bitter aftertaste. Several sips later and he was beginning to like the taste.

 

“Your outfit might be it, want to wear my hoodie?” Yunho asked with concern as he yanked his hoodie off over his head and held it out. Jaejoong didn’t want to put it on but he took it and hugged it, loving the warmth transmitted off the red material before he pulled it over his shoulders as a cape.

 

“I’m a little cold,” he explained as he did so. Yunho nodded before leaning back on the counter, asking Soojin for a drink for himself. Jaejoong decided to take that time to admire Yunho’s form in his black tee, which clung to his chest and hung low on the sides of his thighs. The front of his tee tucked behind his giant belt buckle. He then looked low at how perfect Yunho’s legs looked in those sand-colored skinny jeans. Jaejoong’s eyes lingered a little longer on Yunho’s belt as he wondered how the cold metal would feel against his palms if he were to unbuckle it.

 

He could feel Yunho’s gaze on him and still his eyes wandered, his tongue poking out before his lips and finally meeting Yunho’s eyes. Yunho’s warm brown orbs stared back, the slightest hint of confusion resting within. Jaejoong was sure it was the alcohol, because he didn’t look away nor blush, he wanted so badly for Yunho to see just how much he wanted him.

 

Yunho didn’t acknowledge him before drifting his eyes back to Soojin, muttering words that wouldn't seep into Jaejoong’s head, who sat there, blinking in confusion. There was no reaction… Was he just rejected?

 

Ashamed, Jaejoong finished his drink before hanging his head low. He was so embarrassed. Did Yunho not find him attractive? His gaze shifted to Yunho who continued to chat away with Soojin, only angering Jaejoong further. How dare he brush him off? Jaejoong scowled before grabbing Yunho’s drink and chugging it down while enjoying the unpleasant taste as it ran down his throat. Without anther word, he got up and headed for the exit. He was done.

 

 

The chilly night air hit him sending shivers down his spine, his teeth instantly beginning to chatter against each other.

 

“ing Y-Yunho,” He whispered as stepped out fully and slammed the back door shut. He wobbled before gaining his balance and walking forward. He should have been careful, he wasn’t a party animal, even at his young age of 18; he still had the lowest alcohol tolerance. He was responsible and that’s precisely why he was student body president or well… was supposed to be. “ing Yunho!” Jaejoong spat out louder with more venom, hating the name more as each second ticked by.

 

Jaejoong walked several more steps before feeling slightly dizzy. He then suddenly felt a weight fall and he turned around to see Yunho’s red hoodie on the ground. He had taken it with him. Jaejoong wanted to at first kick the red article of clothing, stomp on it a couple times and walk away but a more rational side of him demanded he pick it up and pull it on.

 

He realized that Yunho’s baggy hoodie looked even baggier on himself but he was cold and in his current state, his looks weren’t the most concerning. He buried his face into the hoodie, taking in Yunho’s scent, silently wondering what cologne he used. It was comforting; Yunho’s hoodie, covered in Yunho’s scent, so, so comforting and Jaejoong hated it. He hated how he felt so calm upon smelling the taller boy’s trace, he hated that stupid smile that Yunho had given him earlier which caused his heart to skip a beat and his mind to melt into a puddle of giddiness. It hurt that he couldn’t hate Yunho, not entirely, not forever.

 

His eyes began to sting as one thing became so utterly clear, it was deafening, maddening even. He had fallen for the Toho student-body president and he couldn’t hide it.

 

And then he lost it. He began crying, sobbing into the soft red material, clutching at it as if it were both his savior and his enemy. Yunho had won. In every possible way, Yunho had won…

 

 

The loud ringing of his phone, forced his eyes to shoot open. Quickly a loud pounding began in his head while his vision took several seconds to clear. Jaejoong shot up, only adding to his pain and scrambled to look for his phone. Upon finally locating it, he turned it on and pressed it against his ear.


“Jaejoongie, did you get home? When did you leave?” Yoochun’s voice prodded. Jaejoong opened his mouth to reply but only let out a loud groan before pulling his phone away from his ear and taking in a short breath in hopes of feeling better.

 

Nope, didn’t help.

 

“I… I d-don’t know…” he stammered looking around the room which wasn’t his bedroom. The unfamiliar bedroom was too white which didn’t help his throbbing head in anyway. Jaejoong covered his eyes before rolling off the bed, landing on the floor with a dull thud, his phone landing further away. He hissed but pulled himself to his feet, deciding his phone wasn’t worth the extra effort, before pushing past the door and into a cream colored hallway. He blinked several times before resting against the wall, trying to stabilize himself

 

Jaejoong closed his eyes for a second and let his over-heating body rest against the cold walls. It was nice, he decided. Although he tried not to think, his mind was whirling with thoughts. Where was he? Who brought him here? He couldn’t remember anything after getting out of the club; did someone knock him out and kidnap him?

 

It was when he heard someone coming up the stirs with light footsteps that his heads pounded against his skull angrily, his thoughts becoming jumbled again. The only thing he could do was lock himself in the room he had come out of so, with all his effort Jaejoong pealed himself off the wall and turned around, clenching his jaw from the pain. He was just about the close the door when a shoe poked in between and the door and the person on the other end easily pushed it open.

 

“L-leave me alone!” Jaejoong screeched as he fell back on his rear, his head hammering so hard his vision blurred. This is it, this is how I’ll die, Jaejoong thought before looking up at the figure who stood there, not doing a thing.

 

“Hey, morning,” A voice cooed before setting something down and coming forward to grab Jaejoong. Jaejoong blinked waiting for his vision to clear, once it did, his eyes widened as he jumped up, moving the other end of the bed.

 

“Yunho, what the hell am I doing here?” Jaejoong demanded, his eyes flickered to the tray Yunho had set aside earlier which was exuding a mouth-watering smell causing Jaejoong’s stomach to growl.

 

“Sit down and eat first, I’ll explain,” Yunho assured as he grabbed the tray Jaejoong had so obviously been eyeing. Jaejoong bit his lip before sitting on the bed and crossing his legs beneath him.

 

“Hangover soup?” He mumbled as Yunho uncovered the steaming bowl and placed the glass of water and juice on the bedside table.

 

“Yeah,” Yunho nodded. “I wasn’t sure of how well you drink… and you had my drink which was alcohol heavy...” Yunho added with an amused smile watching at Jaejoong blew on the spoonful of soup. After trying several spoonfuls of the soup, Jaejoong narrowed his eyes and looked to the taller boy.

 

“Did you make this?” He asked, his headache already beginning to dull.

 

“No, I got some take-out…” Yunho chuckled sheepishly. “I was going to make it myself but I didn’t even know where to start, I’m no cook, so I went to that little place on the opposite street. Is it good?”

 

Jaejoong blinked before looking down so his bangs would cover his face. He blushed lightly before nodding. “You bought this for me?”

 

“Hmm? Oh yeah,” Yunho nodded before grinning again. “I thought hey, if Jaejoong has a headache, he’s probably going to kill me since I took him to the club.”

 

“You’re right… I won’t thank you then,” Jaejoong smirked finally recomposing himself and looking back up at Yunho who laughed. “So… Why am I here again?” Jaejoong prodded as he set his spoon down.

 

“Well… You drank my glass last night and that had a fair bit more alcohol than the one Soojin had given you. Anyways you ran out, I’m not sure why...” Yunho paused, breaking eye contact before nervously his lip and continuing. “When I came out to follow you, you had fallen unconscious. I was going to drop you off at home but it seemed like a bad idea since you were drunk and unconscious so I brought you here, my house,” Yunho sighed once he finished explaining and pulled on a small smile.

 

“Right! I already called your mother and told her you would be sleeping over,” Yunho added with a grin. Jaejoong let out a sigh of relief before mumbling a small thank you. “No problem, like I said, I took you to the club so it’s my fault,” Yunho assured when Jaejoong flushed in embarrassment.

 

Jaejoong took several more spoons of his soup while letting his memory jog back. He remembered sitting at the bar but why had be run off? He internally sighed before letting the warm fluid run down his throat.

 

“Hey Jaejoong?” Yunho mumbled. Jaejoong looked up and noticed Yunho staring at him intently and sitting a little too close as well. He raised an eyebrow and leaned backwards.

 

“What?” He responded nervously, not liking the way Yunho continued to stare, as he couldn’t decipher what the other was thinking.

 

“Last night… I wasn’t condescending you,” Yunho whispered. Jaejoong blinked several times blankly before it hit him. His eyes widened as his cheeks turned a bright shade of red as last nights memories flooded him, his headache returning along with them.

 

He stammered for words as he racked his brain for a response but was met with nothing but only the irritating throbbing of his head. Unable to answer Jaejoong let out a low growl as his head hung low, his fingers pressed around the crown of his head in hopes of soothing the pain.

 

“Are you okay?” Yunho asked worriedly as he reached past and grabbed the glass of water. “I brought some medicine as well, it should help with the headache,” he explained as he held out the bottle cap with said pill.

 

“I’m fine,” Jaejoong snapped as he pushed himself off the bed. He was so embarrassed. He shouldn’t have done that, and Yunho shouldn’t have brought it up. He shouldn’t have allowed Yunho to take him to the club, he shouldn’t have had alcohol, he shouldn’t have looked at Yunho that way and he definitely shouldn’t be here, in Yunho’s house!

 

“I’m going home,” Jaejoong informed as he grabbed his phone from where it had fallen earlier and shoved it into his pocket. He then opened the door and began to head out. His headache was getting worse, all he could think of was what to do next, how to make Yunho forget.

 

“Jaejoong,” Yunho called out before Jaejoong heard the taller boy’s footsteps behind him.

 

“Leave me alone!” Jaejoong shouted, wincing at the loudness of his own voice.

 

“Please just listen to me! I swear and if you want to forget what happened after, then fine, I’ll pretend like it didn’t happen…” Yunho pleaded, purposing keeping his voice down as to not add to Jaejoong’s headache. Jaejoong sniffed, a ticking sensation began to take place at the back of his eyes; he was going to cry…

 

Jaejoong marched down the stairs and looked around for the exit. He would walk home, Yunho had said so himself he lived nearby. Jaejoong took a step forward but Yunho suddenly gripped his upper arm and forcibly turned him around.

 

“Stop it, let me go,” Jaejoong hissed as tried to free himself from the other’s grasp. He kept his eyes hidden, refusing to look at Yunho’s face. He wasn’t going to give Yunho the satisfaction of knowing how much last night’s rejection had hurt him.

 

“Please listen to me,” Yunho said softly as he let go of Jaejoong’s arm and took a step back. “You were drunk and I wasn’t going to do something that your sober self would disapprove of…” he explained when Jaejoong gave no signal to walk away.

 

“You were right, I was drunk I wasn’t in sound mind. Let’s move past this now…” Jaejoong replied, mentally hoping his voice wasn’t as shaky as it sounded. Yunho nodded slowly before he walked past Jaejoong, suddenly so quiet which unnerved the shorter boy.

 

“I’ll drop you off,” was all that Yunho said before he grabbed his keys from the table and began leading the way out. Jaejoong took a deep breath before following Yunho.

 

It’s okay, he thought to himself. It’s a petty crush; he’d be over it by the week’s end. 

 


 

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY

..
I don't understand how time passes so quickly. I felt like I posted last week but apparently it's been almost a month... 0_0

OMG I was actually going to make them kiss at some point but... too soon, no?
UGH
Jaejoong waking up at Yunho's house would have been the perfect moment for as well...
DAMNIT!
Anyways, this chapter was unplanned but I thought it would be a better way of them getting to know one another. Chapters will get short so I can update more frequently, or so I'm hoping...

Anyways, I hope you enjoyed the chapter, i'll post soon~
And as always thank you all so much for your support and love!!

<3 <3 <3