Chapter 2

Watch The Throne

 

Watch The Throne

~Chapter 2~



Junsu sat in class bored out of his mind! He couldn’t focus on anything whatsoever; everything just went straight over his head. He let out a huff and glanced at Yunho’s empty seat for the hundredth time. That bastard had gotten out of class; maybe he should have joined the council when Yunho had offered… Junsu pouted to himself before looking back at the board.

 

The teachers hadn’t waited a second either, the first day back and they had cracked open the curriculum, two days in and Junsu was still trying to shake off his holiday mode.

 

There was a knock at the door and in walked Yunho. Junsu gave a quick wave to him in return receiving a small smile before Yunho turned to the teacher. He mumbled something Junsu couldn’t quite catch from his seat at the back, but whatever it was that he said, it had the students prying over their desks trying to catch a peak of something or someone outside the door.

 

Yunho turned to the class and instantly they recomposed themselves and sat straight at their desks.

 

‘Wah! The power of the student council president!’ Junsu awed silently.

 

“Third-years, please welcome your new classmates of Shin Ki High,” Yunho smiled before turning to the door. “You guys can come in, don’t be shy,” he chuckled. There was rustling in the hall and suddenly a pair of hands pushed someone into the classroom.

 

The boy who had been forced to enter first quickly straightened up before standing next to Yunho. Junsu’s eyes widened at his long, wavy, black locks. He wondered how no one had complained against his hair, which was technically a school violation. True, the boy looked good with his hair like that but where was the equality? Junsu wanted his hair styled like that too!

 

“This is Park Yoochun,” Yunho introduced. “If everyone can come in now, this could go faster,” Yunho called out afterwards. Eventually the students of Shin Ki High, who were waiting outside of the door, piled in. Within seconds, 10 new third years stood at the front of the class.

Yunho seemed pleased as he went through the students and introduced them one by one. He then paused at the last one.

 

“Everyone this is Kim Jaejoong, he was the student body president at Shin Ki High,” Yunho stated. Jaejoong broke out a smile before patting Yunho’s shoulder.

 

“Correction, I still am the student body president,” Jaejoong added with a grin across his face. Though everyone shrugged it off as a light joke, Yunho’s jaw tightened.

 

“Right, that’s why at today’s assembly he will be inaugurated at the vice-president.” Yunho informed the students. Yunho then looked around the class and seemed upset. “I see that the old desks are pushed to the back and you all have claimed the new ones…” Yunho speculated. “Now the new ones are meant for the Shin Ki High students. Everyone please move to the back, and you all can go ahead and choose a seat at the front,” Yunho urged the Shin Ki High students.

 

Yoochun gave Jaejoong a smirk as he shrugged. ‘Not so bad’ he mouthed much to Jaejoong’s dismay. Though he had to admit that was pretty cool of Yuho, however the Toho High students gave whines as they moved begrudgingly.

 

“Already favoring them?” One of their classmates teased. Yunho rolled his eyes before waving his finger and shaking his head.

 

“Alright, I know for all of you this might be intimidating, especially since your classes have been 10 to 12 people thus far but we will be bringing in the Shin Ki High teachers within the week so the ratio will even out,” Yunho explained. He then gave the teacher a quick, low bow before marching out.

 

 

The entire morning Jaejoong worried about the assembly, which would be held at the end of the day. Since Yunho would announce him as the vice-president, he should probably have a speech ready, right?

 

He already had his speech done for his actual inauguration at Shin Ki High but he hadn’t touched it since two days ago so he vaguely remembered any of it.

 

Surprisingly the Toho students weren’t as horrible as they seemed, some of them still walked around with their noses attached to the ceiling but for the most part they appeared okay.

 

When the bell rang Yoochun and Jaejoong walked out of their classroom and into the hallway. Yunho had given them a quick tour earlier but neither was actually paying attention so they just stood awkwardly trying to avoid standing in the way of other students.

 

Jaejoong finally gave up and decided to follow the students, since it was lunch; naturally they would all head to the lunchroom. Thankfully his plan worked out as they both quickly got their food before sitting down at one of the lunch tables colored to match Toho’s blue and white color scheme.

 

“Hey!” Heechul grinned as he plopped down next to Jaejoong. “Too bad we’re not in the same class,” He sighed before brightening up. “My new classmates are pretty nice, want to come sit with them?” He offered.

 

“No thanks, you go ahead,” Jaejoong, replied followed by an agreeing nod from Yoochun. Heechul mumbled a quick ‘suit yourself’ before heading over to aforementioned table.

 

Yoochun in his cheeks with a mischievous glint in his eyes. He then bobbed his head while tapping his fingers against the metal tabletop. “Yunho seems nice,” he said faintly before giving Jaejoong a quick glance. Jaejoong scoffed as looked to his friend and shot glares.

 

“He’s my swore enemy, you can’t just compliment him, Chun…” Jaejoong pointed out like it was the worst thing Yoochun could have possibly said.

 

Yoochun raised his hands up in defense. “My bad, how horrible of me,” he replied sarcastically before giving Jaejoong a playful look. Again Jaejoong shot glares until someone sat down in front of them abruptly.

 

“Hey I’m Junsu! We’re in the same class…” the boy introduced. Jaejoong raised an eyebrow but before he could deject the boy continued. “There were no empty tables so you mind if I sit here?” He asked through mouthfuls of his food. He didn’t even look up, too occupied with his lunch.

 

“Okay I get that this is not our school but –”

“Absolutely fine!” Yoochun cut him off with a huge grin plastering his face like an idiot. Jaejoong huffed before looking at Yoochun with an irritated stare.

 

Junsu finally managed to look away from his food though he continued to munch away. His gaze drifted from Jaejoong to Yoochun before he snapped his fingers and pointing at Yoochun.

 

“Hey! How did you get away with growing out your hair?” Junsu asked his mouth agape giving Jaejoong a front row seat of his half-chewed food. Jaejoong made a look of disgust before pushing his tray of food away from himself. Yoochun looked to Junsu after he had laughed at Jaejoong’s reaction.

 

“I grew it out over the holidays and because of this fiasco, everyone’s been too busy to notice,” He explained while shrugging his shoulders. Junsu let out an ‘ah…’ as he nodded his head.

 

“Well that and it looks quite natural. He used to have this annoying mushroom cut, god it was aggravating. He’s doing everyone’s eyes a favor by keeping it long,” Jaejoong explained in a matter-of-fact tone earning a quick jab in the ribs from Yoochun. Junsu laughed before someone else sat down next to him.

 

“Yah, I texted you, why didn’t you reply?” Yunho asked looking to Junsu before turning to the other two and smiling. “Hey Jaejoong, Yoochun, the morning been good to ya?” He asked enthusiastically. Jaejoong pulled his head back in shock. Yunho’s façade was so believable that Jaejoong was confused for a second. That was skill…

 

“Fine.” Jaejoong responded curtly before Yoochun could even comprehend the question.

 

“Good to hear, if you’re done I’d like to show you the student council room and get you up to speed on the school year plan,” Yunho explained. Jaejoong pursed his lips before getting up and looking down at Yunho.

 

“Let’s go,” he said as he grabbed his blazer from the table and threw it over his shoulder.   

 

“Okay,” Yunho smiled before leading the way out of the lunchroom. Yunho didn’t say much as he rounded the corner and began climbing up the stairs. Jaejoong was still trying to get over how quickly the boy changed his expression and attitude.

 

“Don’t you guys have an elevator?” he wondered out loud. Yunho chuckled at the question as he stopped walking so Jaejoong could catch up.

 

“No,” He shook his head. “Does Shin Ki have an elevator?” Yunho asked. Jaejoong clicked his tongue before shaking his own head. “Well it’s expected when the founders and share-holders are the same,” Yunho pointed out with a small shrug.

 

“This place really isn’t anything special then, huh?” Jaejoong mumbled.

 

“I suppose,” Yunho responded giving a slow thoughtful nod as he straightened his blazer.  Once they entered the 2nd floor Yunho ushered him to the narrow grey door. “That’s the student council room.”

 

Jaejoong followed him inside and was surprised the room was quite… classy? At the center of the room stood a long, oval, mahogany table with approximately 12 chairs all around it. There was a white board at one side and a projector screen on the opposite side. Opposing the entrance was large window, which overlooked the school grounds.

 

“When we’re not using it for meetings we normally just come here to study, the library can become pretty full,” Yunho added before he walked to the window and popped it open. He then pulled off his blazer and placed it over a chair. Neither of them said anything for a while. Jaejoong took a closer inspection of the room while Yunho’s back remained turned to him.

 

Suddenly Yunho let out a loud sigh as he turned around. Jaejoong was startled at the sudden sound causing him to place a hand over his chest and slow his racing heart. Once Jaejoong was calm he sent an irritated look towards the other. Yunho either didn’t notice or didn’t care, as he didn’t respond.

 

“I just want to be clear with you now,” Yunho began as he leaned over from behind the chair and gazed at Jaejoong who still stood at the door.

 

“Let’s hear it,” Jaejoong pressed as he closed the door and took a seat.

 

“This is my position at my school, don’t get any ideas…”

 

Jaejoong’s eyes narrowed at the startling statement. Though a part of himself felt a little intimidated at Yunho’s straightforwardness.

 

“Half of the students at this school are from Shin Ki and those same students are the ones who elected me as student body president.”

 

“As is the same for me. Because I can understand the hard work you’ve put through to try to attain the position, I’m letting you become vice-president. I think that that is more than enough, no?” Yunho questioned with an eyebrow raised.

 

“If it’s 50/50 then why don’t we split the head position, that is the least you can do,” Jaejoong retorted. Yunho let out a quick ‘hmm,’ before he shook his head.

 

“The position of student body president is fit for only one, we come from different schools, we have a different thought process so it would be an endless, and mind you unnecessary, battle,” he explained before rolling up his sleeves and resting a hand again his hip.

 

Jaejoong bit his tongue as he gazed at Yunho whose pose reminded him of a model from a magazine. Yunho’s perfect hair from this morning was still perfect! With the blazer no longer on and Yunho standing against the light, Jaejoong could practically see through his white collared shirt. He had to use all his power to prevent himself from complimenting Yunho.   

 

“I’ll take your silence as agreement,” Yunho stated curtly. He grabbed a tiny white remote off the table and the projector before he began to flip through slides.

 

Jaejoong shifted in his seat as he changed his gaze to the screen. “I’ll agree for now, but this doesn’t change my overall perspective.”

 

Yunho gave Jaejoong a short glare before letting out a quick breath of irritation and mumbling ‘whatever’. He then turned his attention to the projection.

“Within the next 2 weeks, we will be organizing a sport’s festival, normally we roll with one day,” Yunho explained as he gave Jaejoong a quick glance who in turn nodded.

 

“We won’t have that this year,” Jaejoong shook his head before turning to Yunho.


“It’s school tradition…” Yunho drifted off before giving Jaejoong a skeptical look. Jaejoong was enjoying this though, Yunho had done well to hide his true self in public but alone he was a 1-man show. 

 

“I get it, Yunho. I do…” Jaejoong assured before fully turning his body to face Yunho. “But Shin Ki High has never done that and what a way to welcome us by forcing us to continue your traditions… Shin Ki has traditions too.” Jaejoong pointed out.

 

“I didn’t realize Shin Ki was doing us a favor by coming to our school,” Yunho remarked sarcastically. 

 

“Everyone enjoys music, not everyone enjoys sports though,” Jaejoong interjected. Yunho looked deep in thought before looking past Jaejoong with an incredulous expression. “Think of this as Shin Ki doing something to show our gratitude. We’ll organize it all, you guys just be there,” Jaejoong shrugged.

 

“I suppose…” Yunho hesitantly mumbled as though it pained him to say it. “But the sport’s festival needs to be done,” he stated firmly.  “Though it doesn’t necessarily matter when…” He finished before looking to Jaejoong, almost daring him to refuse.

 

“Fine,” Jaejoong agreed with a brisk nod.

 

“We’ll give your proposal to the principle after lunch,” Yunho informed earning a nod from Jaejoong who seemed pleased.

 

Jaejoong then paused and looked at Yunho dubiously. “But we have class after lunch…” he said with an eyebrow raised, which in turn caused Yunho to laugh in an almost belittling way.

 

“As part of the council we’re allowed to be absent, as long as we keep our grades up that’s all that matters, did they not trust you guys with that at Shin Ki?” Yunho asked in a mocking matter.

 

“Whatever,” Jaejoong gritted out before his gaze flickered from the clock to Yunho. “You want me to do a speech for the assembly today?”

 

Yunho shook his head before crossing his arms. “I’ll introduce you, you can just sit and look pretty, ‘kay?” Yunho nodded while a cocky smile rested on his face.

 

“As pretty as I am, I’m not a puppet,” Jaejoong snapped. “You just introduce me and I’ll say something, though I can’t guarantee I won’t upstage you,” Jaejoong sighed smugly, earning an eye roll from Yunho.

 

Yunho clicked his tongue before looking halfheartedly at Jaejoong. “You can try,” he responded.
 

 A sly smile etched itself onto Jaejoong’s face. If he could pull the concert off, the title of student body president would be his indefinitely. He let out a content sigh as a thought lingered.
 

‘Just how deep are you going to dig your grave Jung Yunho?’

 


 


Thank you all so much for your support so far, it really means a lot! 

It didn't seem like such a long time since I last updated but it's been 5 days... 
I thought it had only been 2 keke...
...

Now I know this chapter is less... fun...? But I don't want to rush in so yeah...
The other chapters will be better, I promise~!

Have a good day/night/afternoon you lovely people~! 


BYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE~~~~~~~~~~!