Brother-Sister Relationship

Surviving Park Jimin

Well it's another day. My teachers were okay, but I had so many papers to take home for my parents. Surprisingly I made my way around the school, but you had to be smart in which way you go. Certain halls were more crowded than others. Not to mention the annoying people who stand in the middle of the hall, blocking your way. I don't know about them, but I'm busy trying to get to my next class. I'm the type of student who doesn't want to be tardy to class. My parents were already gone to work, leaving me with Namjoon. 

"Sis, the first day wasn't so bad, was it"
"Yeah, but I still hate it" I replied.
"Did something annoying happen again?"
He knows that I get annoyed easily with some of the people at school. They can just be such butts and stuff. Also I'm too innocent to actually swear, but it's not like my brother doesn't. 
"Yeah, especially the one person named Jimin" I replied munching on my breakfast.
"Okay what did he do to my little sister?" He asked suddenly getting protective of me.
"Nothing, he tried to hit on me"
"That little, I'm going to punch him" 
"I know I'm your little sister and all, but I can protect myself" I said.
"Be careful around him" he said.
"Yeah I know, I heard what happens" I replied.
"Good, I don't want him to play with my sister's heart. Also if you happen to date anyone, they have to go through me" he said.
"Oh so you're going to be the overprotective older brother now?" I asked.
"Yeah of course, oh and by the way I have to leave early again" he said grabbing his bag, "have fun"
Yeah right, school's definitely going to fun. Well graphic arts and visual arts were fun. I get to show my artistic side. We didn't exactly do much, but the visual arts teacher was nice. We apparently have a project to draw or paint a certain theme we're assigned. For graphic arts, we were just learning out to make things in Photoshop. Sadly Jungkook wanted to have PE, I mean I don't understand why you want to have PE. Then again he loves it for some odd reason. 

I was at my locker when Jimin approached me. I decided to ignore him, since I went over this with him. 
"Hey, you change your mind yet about that date?" He asked.
"Um let me think, no" I replied.
"Come on, I know you want to, who wouldn't want to with me"
Man he's so cocky. What kind of person would want to date someone like him?
"Let's see, me" I replied.
"You're so strange, you know"
I was focusing on getting some of my books, "How so?"
"Any girl would usually say 'yes' without a question" he replied.
"Oh so am I not a girl now?" I countered.
"No, no, no not what I meant" he suddenly said flustered.
"Look quit wasting your time" I said trying to leave until he stopped right in front of me again.
"Stop playing hard to get"
"Yeah, no" I said leaving.

I entered Literature slightly annoyed which Jungkook noticed. 
"What happened to you?" He asked.
"Nothing" I replied.
"I've known you for years Nayoung, tell me what's wrong"
I let out a sigh of defeat, "Fine, Jimin tried to hit on me again"
"Again? Wait what?! He tried to-"
"Shush, yeah he tried to yesterday, but he attempted again today" I replied shushing his sudden outburst.
"Just tell me if that jerk won't leave me alone I'll-"
I smiled, "don't worry, plus Namjoon is being overprotective as my brother" 
"Well I don't want someone to bother you" he replied suddenly shy.
"Well thanks, you're my friend after all!" I exclaimed hugging him.
"Yeah..." He replied quietly.
Then the final bell rang signaling the start of first period.

Lunch came around, with Minyeong, Taehyung, Hoseok, Jungkook, and I in the usual spot. 
"Oh Tae, I thought Jimin invited you to sit with him today" said Hoseok.
"I was, but he keeps going on and on about how some girl rejected him" replied Taehyung.
My ears perked up at that comment, and then Jungkook's face darkened.

"Is there something wrong?" asked Minyeong to both me and Jungkook.
"No, nothing's wrong" we both answered.
Geez, sometimes I think we're mentally connected or something.
"Uh huh, yeah you two are lying" she said.
"No we're not" said JUngkook and me at the same time again.
I mentally face palmed myself. This was going nowhere.
"One of you tell me what you know" said Minyeong.
I looked at Jungkook, but his eyes seemed to have been telling me to say it.
"Okay I was the one who rejected Jimin" I said.
"Wait he asked you out!" exclaimed Minyeong.
"Yeah, but I rejected him"
Taehyung had a worried expression.
"Is there something wrong?" I asked.
"Well not only did you hurt his pride, but he's also not going to give up" he said.
"Well I'm never going to say 'yes' to that jerk" I said.
"I mean he's not that bad, it's just well..."
I sent him a questioning look.
"It's just he changed after freshman year. Sure he may seem like a complete jerk, but I know him" he said.
"I mean like you said, he has changed. Did he value your friendship afterwards?" I asked.
"He has kind of casted me out of his friend group at school, but outside of school it's different" he replied.
"Well thanks for giving me that warning, but like I said, there's no way I'm going to say 'yes', plus my older brother would beat the crap out of him" I replied.
"Who's your older brother?" asked Hoseok.
"Namjoon, why?"
"Oh him, he's our friend" said Hoseok,"he's cool"
"Wait you two are friends with him, and I never knew?!" I exclaimed.
"He never told you?" asked Hoseok.
I shook my head in response. So what does he exactly do when he goes out? Maybe I could ask them about it.
"So, if you're his friends, where does he go out to often?" I asked.
They both looked really nervous at the sudden question. I raised my eyebrow at them.
"Oh we don't know, you should ask him yourself" they both said.

The bell soon rang signaling the end of lunch. Well if Jimin was going to be a constant pain, I'm going to have to try my best to avoid him. Let's see how long he'll keep this up, I mean he can't be that stubborn right?

When classes were over, I was heading to my locker when I bumped into someone. You have got to be kidding me. Am I really this much of a klutz or was it Jimin doing this on purpose? Neverthelesss I dropped my book on the floor again. I bent down to get them when someone else picked them up for me. When I looked up, I as met with someone with a handsome face.
I shyly avoided eye contact, "thank you"
"No problem" he said walking off.
Who was he? Well at least he was nice to me. I opened my locker when I heard a conversation.

"Is that the girl Jimin is trying to get with?"


"Yeah, why would he want to date trash like her?"


"What does he see in her, when he could have me?"


"I don't know, but he'll give up soon enough, right?"


"Yeah hopefully he'll come to his senses. No one would date someone as ugly as her"


Then the two girls left laughing. Although it hurt, I continued to the buses with a straight face. I needed to make sure that Minyeong and Jungkook doesn't see me on the verge of tears, or they'll worry about me. I'm the type of person who doesn't want to drag her friends into her own problems. Although they're my friends and they're always thre for me, I just don't want them to worry. I needed to be strong, I mean I can get through high school.

At home, I was trying to focus on doing smost of my homework when I remembered the two girls at school. They're right, what would anyone see in me? Without some of my friends, I would be alone. Even when Namjoon came home, I made sure that he didn't notice something was clearly bothering me. He still apparently noticed, but I brushed it off as just some stress from school.
"You know, you can tell me anything, right?" he said.
"Yeah I know, but you don't need to be so protective of me"
"You're my little sister, I want to make sure you're okay" he replied.
"Alright" I said quietly.
He ruffled my hair and left to go to his room to do his homework. I need to survive, and I'll try. I won't let the words of others bother me. Not again like when I was younger...

"She's so fat and ugly" said one.

"She shouldn't exist anymore" said another.

"P-please stop" I cried.

"Oh look she's crying, she's not only fat and ugly, but weak too" laughed one of the kids.

After that day, if anyone tried to hurt me Namjoon would try to teach those kids a lesson on messing with his sister. I remember that I would go crying to him since our parents were rarely home with us. Basically we had each other. He still makes sure that I'm alright. Sure there are times when he teases me, but that's just our sister-brother affection. If I didn't have an older brother like him, I wouldn't be okay. To this day, Jungkook and Minyeong don't know that I have been bullied in the past. I hid my pain behind a smile, so they never knew and they never will.